Mickey's toontown fair

MickeyisMyBestFriend

Original Poster
I apologize if this has already been pondered, but do you think there is even a slight chance of Mickey's toon town fair making a comeback? Like if they built it again in a different area? I didn't really love the area I was just curious.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

tumblr_lpdeyyBmM61qe29wao1_500.gif

JIMINYCR

Unfortunately Toontown will forever be banished to the extinct Disney site and only live in the memories of those who visited once upon a time.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Disneyland's Toontown looks so much better than ours used to. The only things from Toontown that didn't get replaced by Storybook Circus were Mickey and Minnie's Houses (and Pete's Garage, if that counts:cautious:)
Mickey and Minnie's houses and Pete's garage WERE replaced by Storybook Circus at WDW. What still remains from the original Toontown Fair is the Judge's Tent and Goofy's Barnstormer. Also the railroad station, now called the Fantasyland station.

tl77

Originally Toon Town was going to be at the Studios between the Animation Courtyard and Rock 'n' Roller coaster and themed to Roger Rabbit. It didn't happen there and it ended up as Mickey's Toon Town in MK instead, but the space is still more or less open at DHS
disneystudiotoon.jpg

Launchpad McQuack

This would be a good addition to Hollywood Studios, IMO. Throw in a Mickey-themed dark ride and some meet and greets, and we got us a party.

One M&G I'd love is a "heroes' hangout" spot where you can get a rotating cast of characters like the Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Launchpad McQuack, etc. You could even throw in other characters with little or no park representation like Hercules and the Rescuers. The Incredibles could occasionally be stationed there, as well (I know they already do M&G). With the popularity of superheroes right now, it seems like WDW should take advantage of their own action heroes.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It technically hasn't really changed its theme..... It's just browner and less colorful. It was basically... A colorful version of storybook circus?

Cmdr_Crimson

This would be a good addition to Hollywood Studios, IMO. Throw in a Mickey-themed dark ride and some meet and greets, and we got us a party.

One M&G I'd love is a "heroes' hangout" spot where you can get a rotating cast of characters like the Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Launchpad McQuack, etc. You could even throw in other characters with little or no park representation like Hercules and the Rescuers. The Incredibles could occasionally be stationed there, as well (I know they already do M&G). With the popularity of superheroes right now, it seems like WDW should take advantage of their own action heroes.

It would have been great to see them bring this concept for Mickey's Movieland....Heck if they redesigned the Animation Courtyard area this would look amazing!
Movieland.jpg

From 2719Hyperion Blog:
Mickey’s Movieland was planned for the Disney-MGM Stuidos Theme Park. A Disney Crew publication in 1990 provided the following description:

“A replica of Disney’s original Hyperion Avenue Studio, where guests will encounter whimsical, hands-on movie making equipment where they can live out their own motion picture producing fantasies.

tl77

It would have been great to see them bring this concept for Mickey's Movieland....Heck if they redesigned the Animation Courtyard area this would look amazing!
Movieland.jpg

From 2719Hyperion Blog:

And if they had something like this as for people to play with as well, Disney still has a huge warehouse of the sound/foley equipment

erasure fan1

I apologize if this has already been pondered, but do you think there is even a slight chance of Mickey's toon town fair making a comeback? Like if they built it again in a different area? I didn't really love the area I was just curious.
I didn't love it either. Of course it did exactly what it was supposed to do, be a space filler. I hope that if it ever comes back, it is WAY down the line. There are a lot of projects that need to happen before this is even considered to come back. Unless....... if you want to put in a AAA E-ticket fab 5 ride then I'm all in.

WDWResort

I loved Mickey's ToonTown Fair, I wish they would bring it back or a version of it, but it's so doubtful. That's nowhere near the horizon, unfortunately.

Ugh, Horizons. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom