Mickey's Toontown Fair

Mickeyrulz

Original Poster
I noticed that Disneyland's Toontown has actual rides, while the WDW versions has only one.

Does anyone care to post thoughts/ideas for a rehab?

I am not the most creative person. So i'm not sure what they could do to improve it. But start with a dark ride, and some more stuff! No "Country Fair" looks like that!

With 20K gone (I'm so sad, for real it sucks), we have room for Toontown expansion. So Imagineer away!

:)

Tim G

Mickeyrulz said:
I noticed that Disneyland's Toontown has actual rides, while the WDW versions has only one.

Does anyone care to post thoughts/ideas for a rehab?

I am not the most creative person. So i'm not sure what they could do to improve it. But start with a dark ride, and some more stuff! No "Country Fair" looks like that!

With 20K gone (I'm so sad, for real it sucks), we have room for Toontown expansion. So Imagineer away!

:)
ToonTown is for kids... thus with "kiddy rides" which rules out Dark Rides...

TTATraveler

I would like to see the 20k area annexed into Toontown Fair. DL's Toontown is 100x times better. I highly doubt that Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin will be duplicated. The Toontown Fair area is small and is lacking much of substance. It seems to be the place for character meets, play area, and a kiddie coaster. Why not add a dark ride, maybe a coaster to the 20k area and create a new entrance to Toontown. I like the Bald Mountain concept, but don't think it will happen. I think a Monsters Inc attraction or a villains attraction would be cool.

Pixie Duster

Dark rides are for kids, Pooh and Peter Pan are dark rides. Buzz is a dark ride as well. Dark rides are not restricted to kids, they tend to be true Disney rides which include the whole family.

KyranJade

Why not do something with Monsters, Inc.? I mean, provided they can work out something out with licensing and such since Pixar dropped them, it'd be cool. Just make it as one of the Fantasyland rides are, short but sweet. In all honesty, the cinematic jewels that have come out of Disney since 1999 have been.......Pixar infused. And how much of Monsters, Inc. is in the parks? Mike and Sulley in a car in the parade at the Studios now. Nemo's getting face time at Epcot, Toy Store has their ride in Tomorrowland, and A Bug's Life is feature in the heart of Animal Kingdom and DCA. So besides me liking it, kids might too lol.

TheDisneyGirl02

Personally, I like Toontown...I maybe bias though because of working there. You get to meet many characters (upwards of 13 characters on a good day) all at one time in one location. The Barnstormer is a lot of fun and I think touring the houses is a blast! Could there be more added, yes. But I still like Toontown...But it would be better if they'd add Chip and Dale's Tree House!

TheDisneyGirl02

SeiraB17

I really like Toon Town but I agree there isn't too much to do there. If there were some more character's houses they could serve for both a meet and greet and for an attraction. Chip and Dale's house is a must but they could have..(running with the monster's inc. theme) Mike and Sully's house and in there could be the dark ride...lol...whoops got a little carried away, don't know if it's possible but hey, it would be fun :p

bugsbunny

After finally seeing Toon Town at DL, I now know why Toon Town Fair at MK is ragged on so much.

The Crazy Taxi ride at DL Toon Town is fun and just the whole atmosphere of the Town makes it a nice place to check out.

The Fair at MK is nothing more than a strip of cartoonish ideas to carry you over from the train station to Fantasyland, IMHO.

doop

I actually do like one thing about toontown fair and that is the barnstormer rollercoaster. Me and my little bro went on it like twenty times in a row and it was actually quite fun.:)

DisneyWood

Finding Nemo

I would like to see a few themed rides in Toontown fair. Finding Nemo, Hercules, Treasure Planet & Monsters, Inc would be great rides for children. What about an Alice in Wonderland ride? Well, maybe this one should be in Fantasyland. I think the imagineers can come up with a clever idea for these rides.

Those are just my thoughts on the rehab. I don't think anything will happen in the near future, but we can dream, right?

Pioneer Hall

It would be nice to see Toontown extended to look more like the CA Toontown. Ours is a dissapointment...it has a glorified gift shop, two houses, and a very short coaster. Unless you have small kids there is no reason to go to that part of the park. They need to do something to bring people over there.

walts son 1971

Account Suspended
Please no Monsters inc movie ride that film was almost as bad as bugs life,and I love Pixar films.Sorry I didnt like monsters because of John Goodmens voice,cant stand Goodmen.Not sure why I didnt like bugs life,maybe its my love of killing bugs.I personally think they need to build a toy story land.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
walts son 1971 said:
Please no Monsters inc movie ride that film was almost as bad as bugs life,and I love Pixar films.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Something needs to be done with Toontown Fair fast....just one dark ride can make it a nice place, IMO. I can't even remember the last time I walked back there.

Mickeyrulz

Original Poster
Even ONE darkride could make it much better. I mean think of what you've got now: Meet N Greets, a play area (donald's boat), "houses to tour", and a short, 40 second coaster. (is it that long, even?)

Not saying Toontown is horrible. It's pretty decent in theming and they didn't do a horrible job. they just need to actually add SOMETHING to do!! When it was Birthdayland or Starland however, it was equally boring.

Computer Magic

Pixie Duster said:
Dark rides are for kids, Pooh and Peter Pan are dark rides. Buzz is a dark ride as well. Dark rides are not restricted to kids, they tend to be true Disney rides which include the whole family.
If the rides are restricted to kids, then I never want to grow up ;)

I love these rides and one day hope to to ride them with my kids!

Pioneer Hall

Toontown would be great if they just used the potential it has. It is half developed now. You have the houses and the meet and greets. You even have the coaster that would need to be there for the older kids. Now you just need to incorporate a few other ideas (from CA or some original ones). They just need to expand on what is there and that part of the park would be great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom