Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017

Kman101

Sounds like that is just one opinion among many...

animals-mountains-molehills-mole_hills-moles-domestics-bwhn1498_low.jpg
he's not wrong. August is a bit much, even if it is just a few days.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I totally get that the upcharge holiday parties are a drag for APers (I'm one) because those are nights we can't go without paying extra. (And thus, I think their AP discounts should be more substantial.) For day-ticketers, the price for the 8 hours in the park can sort of be justified.

I totally get that the large number of parties is a drag for everyone who doesn't want to go to the party or who don't want to pay for it, and that the parties tend to make non-party nights more crowded. (And I like the idea above that people who go to MK on a party night and don't have a party ticket should be given a free hopper to another park that day.)

However, with regard to starting Halloween parties in August, WDW could have just crammed more party nights into September and October making those issues worse. So, rather than having only two non-party nights a week in October, the extra party night season simply just started earlier. Starting earlier is a boon to those wanting to avoid the Halloween party nights being so often in September and October.

If WDW made every night a Halloween party the week of actual Halloween, like every day is Christmas party during Christmas week, I'm sure they'd be complaints about having Halloween "shoved down our throats" and "I came to the MK to see Wishes, not HalloWishes!" And even if they made the party nights free and limited in number, there'd be someone complaining, "That was my one night to go to the MK and I had to put up with Halloween nonsense!"

I'm sorry for sounding apologist about this, but, the party nights are done very well, IMO. I enjoy them. And they're an upcharge that I believe I'm getting my (extra) money's worth.

I am Timmy

Literally booking my trip from November 1st and leaving November 9th so i can hit both parties in one trip. This may seriously be the most festive WDW trip EVER!!! And i think F&WF at Epcot will still be going on...I'm gonna be coming back from this trip fat as Santa LOL
We've done that a few years, a BLAST! We also included Halloween Horror Nights at Universal, then to Disney. It's like a non-stop festive party! I wish you and yours a most festive holiday season.....literally!

21stamps

I totally get that the upcharge holiday parties are a drag for APers (I'm one) because those are nights we can't go without paying extra. (And thus, I think their AP discounts should be more substantial.) For day-ticketers, the price for the 8 hours in the park can sort of be justified.

I totally get that the large number of parties is a drag for everyone who doesn't want to go to the party or who don't want to pay for it, and that the parties tend to make non-party nights more crowded. (And I like the idea above that people who go to MK on a party night and don't have a party ticket should be given a free hopper to another park that day.)

However, with regard to starting Halloween parties in August, WDW could have just crammed more party nights into September and October making those issues worse. So, rather than having only two non-party nights a week in October, the extra party night season simply just started earlier. Starting earlier is a boon to those wanting to avoid the Halloween party nights being so often in September and October.

If WDW made every night a Halloween party the week of actual Halloween, like every day is Christmas party during Christmas week, I'm sure they'd be complaints about having Halloween "shoved down our throats" and "I came to the MK to see Wishes, not HalloWishes!" And even if they made the party nights free and limited in number, there'd be someone complaining, "That was my one night to go to the MK and I had to put up with Halloween nonsense!"

I'm sorry for sounding apologist about this, but, the party nights are done very well, IMO. I enjoy them. And they're an upcharge that I believe I'm getting my (extra) money's worth.

If someone has a short amount of time..just buy one less regular ticket day for your group.
You can enter the park from 4pm-midnight. Lower crowds than other nights, better entertainment than other nights.
I understand that people may not like "paying more", but they're avoidable, or you just plan that as one of your park days.

Jahona

Debating on whether or not to get tickets for September 24th. There's 4 adults going and two really love Halloween.

Bairstow

Something to consider.. to the best of my knowledge, Universal's Halloween Horror Nights will also be running for the most nights in the event's history. Maybe this was Disney's attempt to take some of that crowd. I'm not going to pretend that the demographics are identical for these events, but as a college student I still find myself torn between the two events. There are some people who, for them, it really is an "either/or" choice due to prices.

... But for a large number of people, particularly locals or families with older children, it's a "both, and" situation. Adding more dates for both parties makes it easier for people to plan vacations that will let them hit both parties over the course of their stay.

wendysue

It's been almost ten years since I've been to a party, and while popular, they're still running the same parade (yes with some changes, some cuts, some replacements) and the same fireworks. I'm glad they changed the stage show though to Hocus Pocus. I'd love to see that one in person but as an AP holder, kinda hard to justify buying a ticket when not much changes every year (and why should it I guess, they're very popular offerings).

Exactly, after paying for AP's, why in the world would we want to pay another 160+ for candy?? :greedy:

MinnieWaffles

I'll come back when September has only one party a week so those who've paid over $100 for a day in the park actually get their monies worth.

Money grabbing @@&@.

Goodbye.

Go over to Universal Studios then...oh wait, that only opens until 7pm most of the year. (and it costs just as much for a 1 day ticket!!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom