Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017

Biff215

I'll agree that August is early and wouldn't interest me if I had other options, but it happens to fall on my son's 5th birthday that we're celebrating in WDW this year so everything fell into place perfectly for us. We've never had the chance to do MNSSHP in the 30+ trips we've taken so this is a bonus for us, plus F&W the day we leave!

The shortened MK hours for those not attending are a bummer and can be a pain to plan around, especially those of us that split our days between two parks. But it's the upcharge time of year that we have to learn to live with!

Jahona

I'll come back when September has only one party a week so those who've paid over $100 for a day in the park actually get they're monies worth.

Money grabbing @@&@.

Goodbye.

Honestly I feel the same way. There is hardly a day in October with out a party. Planning on going on a trip the beginning of October and spending two days in MK. Unless I want to pay for the party ticket I can't do those days back to back. loosing several hours devalues the ticket in my mind.

Biff215

Party related question...so now that MK hours are extended for those attending, do they open up more dinner reservations for later times during the party? For example, Be Our Guest currently lists 6:15 as closing time on a party night. Or is there no table service during the parties?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Party related question...so now that MK hours are extended for those attending, do they open up more dinner reservations for later times during the party? For example, Be Our Guest currently lists 6:15 as closing time on a party night. Or is there no table service during the parties?

Yes they usually the last several years will eventually add reservations for BOG and a few others during the party hours. But I would advise not to waste valuable party time dining at a TS restauraunt. You could end up missing numerous things because of it. ;)

Biff215

Yes they usually the last several years will eventually add reservations for BOG and a few others during the party hours. But I would advise not to waste valuable party time dining at a TS restauraunt. You could end up missing numerous things because of it. ;)

Thanks, I totally agree. I was hoping for something to open up just before the party starts. We could only snag a 4:15 reservation, which is not only early for dinner, but also a little early to start a long evening with two kids. I'd rather eat around 6:00 and hit the ground running as soon as we leave!

21stamps

Honestly I feel the same way. There is hardly a day in October with out a party. Planning on going on a trip the beginning of October and spending two days in MK. Unless I want to pay for the party ticket I can't do those days back to back. loosing several hours devalues the ticket in my mind.

Last year during MVMCP, we did one day when we weren't attending the party...we arrived early, didn't take a break, and left the park around 6pm. I'm not sure if you normally take breaks, but if you do then an open-6pm day is really about the same amount of time.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Could be trying to catch the UK crowd before school starts back in September. Especially after there has been a big court case won by the government as to the legality of taking your children outside school holidays.

Jahona

Last year during MVMCP, we did one day when we weren't attending the party...we arrived early, didn't take a break, and left the park around 6pm. I'm not sure if you normally take breaks, but if you do then an open-6pm day is really about the same amount of time.

Honestly I'm an hour or so after open till I get kicked out type of person. I also prefer the parks at night as they have such a different atmosphere then during the day.

WDW1974

So no one thinks that since lots of schools start in early September, that just maybe people were asking for earlier dates so that their kids could go to one? Not everyone can travel after Labor Day and into October, so maybe this is Disney's answer for those people. Just sayin'.

You really think that was it?

Maybe I should get a bunch of people to ask for free Christmas entertainment to return because that was how WDW was run for its first quarter century and all. You think that one would fly?

Disney does not care about you or your kids. It cares about your money and willingness to spend as much as possible because ... stop me if you've heard this ... Disney is a business.

21stamps

Honestly I'm an hour or so after open till I get kicked out type of person. I also prefer the parks at night as they have such a different atmosphere then during the day.

I'm not a rope drop person, so I understand you there. But when I book a trip when parties are going on, then I plan around them.

Just do your MK days on non party nights then. They won't be consecutive, but they'll still be great :)

WDW1974

I'll agree that August is early and wouldn't interest me if I had other options, but it happens to fall on my son's 5th birthday that we're celebrating in WDW this year so everything fell into place perfectly for us. We've never had the chance to do MNSSHP in the 30+ trips we've taken so this is a bonus for us, plus F&W the day we leave!

The shortened MK hours for those not attending are a bummer and can be a pain to plan around, especially those of us that split our days between two parks. But it's the upcharge time of year that we have to learn to live with!

If Disney had its way, everytime of the year would be 'upcharge time' ... and one of the big reasons behind the MK feeling so packed from September to December is all of the people who refuse to pay a second time for admission and pack the park to its bursting point when only 1 or 2 nights of a vacation are NOT upcharge nights.

DisneyFan 2000

I kinda hope this backfires somehow. Honestly, seeing the numbers throughout the years really puts things in perspective. I had no idea that my first MNSSHP in 2003 was only one of 10. The event has gotten way out of control, and as much as I love it at this point you start to wonder where they draw the line.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
14 of the 26 days in September after Labor Day do NOT have a Halloween party. 13 days in October do NOT have a Halloween party. People can try to call it something other than a money grab by Disney, but if it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck...

Princess B

Something to consider.. to the best of my knowledge, Universal's Halloween Horror Nights will also be running for the most nights in the event's history. Maybe this was Disney's attempt to take some of that crowd. I'm not going to pretend that the demographics are identical for these events, but as a college student I still find myself torn between the two events. There are some people who, for them, it really is an "either/or" choice due to prices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom