Mickey's Halloween party 2016 Thread

Phroobar

This is why the price is higher with no new additions.
They still haven't found that $ amount that people are not willing to pay.
eb8tb.jpg

MoonRakerSCM

I personally am not going this year (have gone for the past few). I just don't see it being worth the cost (last year was pushing it). They do up the park nice for sure, but, meh. I've seen it. I'll go back in a few years. This year I'm headin' to a place that offers some guaranteed scares (non kid friendly) and free parking. I can buy my own candy.

wdwfan22

Disney Parks Blog has announced a new halloween parade during the party. Sounds super fun!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...g-mickeys-halloween-party-at-disneyland-park/
Something tells me it's just a replacement of the previous cavalcade instead of a full blown parade. On the facebook page they mention that Mickey and friends will not appear in this new offering. Which to me seems kind of strange not to have them in a full blown Halloween parade, unless it's just a make over of the previous cavalcade with limited space. Hopefully it is a full blown parade because Disneyland has waited long enough for one for Halloween.

Curious Constance

Something tells me it's just a replacement of the previous cavalcade instead of a full blown parade. On the facebook page they mention that Mickey and friends will not appear in this new offering. Which to me seems kind of strange not to have them in a full blown Halloween parade, unless it's just a make over of the previous cavalcade with limited space. Hopefully it is a full blown parade because Disneyland has waited long enough for one for Halloween.
Whatever it is, it sounds WAY better than what they had previously.
I'm guessing it'll be somewhere between the Calvalcade, and a full blown parade. Since it's only used 17 nights of the year, it's understandable it wouldn't be a full blown, major parade.

wdwfan22

Whatever it is, it sounds WAY better than what they had previously.
I'm guessing it'll be somewhere between the Calvalcade, and a full blown parade. Since it's only used 17 nights of the year, it's understandable it wouldn't be a full blown, major parade.

Why would it be understandable? Magic Kingdom has a full blown Halloween parade for it's party.

GiveMeTheMusic

Why would it be understandable? Magic Kingdom has a full blown Halloween parade for it's party.

This is a plussed cavalcade and not a full-length parade (like Boo to You). It's an upgrade to be sure, but not the full new parade that was proposed and got the budget axe. With any luck they'll add onto it again next year and we'll have a more fleshed out offering.

Disney Analyst

I agree it likely won't be a full blown parade, however normally Disney is good at calling the not really a parade parade a "cavalcade" so with them actually saying parade I think this will be a bit more substantial. Sounds like we may be getting a float similar to the Jack float used in Hong Kong.

ddd8170

I agree it likely won't be a full blown parade, however normally Disney is good at calling the not really a parade parade a "cavalcade" so with them actually saying parade I think this will be a bit more substantial. Sounds like we may be getting a float similar to the Jack float used in Hong Kong.
Sounds to me like it IS the float from Hong Kong. HK Disneyland no longer offers their Halloween parade because they run PTN as well. Several of the floats described in the article about Frightfully Fun seem to indicate that Disneyland Anaheim is getting several of the floats from HK Disneyland's "Glow in the Park" parade.

SweetDuffy101

Sounds to me like it IS the float from Hong Kong. HK Disneyland no longer offers their Halloween parade because they run PTN as well. Several of the floats described in the article about Frightfully Fun seem to indicate that Disneyland Anaheim is getting several of the floats from HK Disneyland's "Glow in the Park" parade.
Actually HKDL is having a brand new Halloween parade and fireworks this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom