Mickey's Halloween party 2016 Thread

EUmickey

Original Poster
The event requires a separate ticket and takes place on 17 select nights, beginning Friday, Sept. 23, inside of Disneyland. Entry to Disneyland Park before the party is included with a Mickey’s Halloween Party ticket. Guests have the opportunity to play in Disneyland park for three hours before the party starts, and then go trick or treating , for candy and healthy treats, in the ultimate Disney neighborhood.

Adults and children are encouraged to dress in costume for the party as they trick-or-treat throughout Disneyland for a scary good time. For costume policy guidelines, please checkhttp://www.Disneyland.com for prior your arrival, so you don’t have any surprises.

Tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party* go on sale for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa card holders on Thursday, July 21. General public ticket sales begin Thursday, July 28.

• Mickey’s Halloween Party 2016 dates: Friday, Sept. 23; Monday, Sept. 26; Wednesday, Sept. 28; Friday, Sept. 30; Monday, Oct. 3; Wednesday, Oct. 5; Friday, Oct. 7; Monday, Oct. 10; Wednesday, Oct. 12; Friday, Oct. 14; Monday, Oct. 17; Wednesday, Oct. 19; Friday, Oct. 21; Monday, Oct. 24; Wednesday, Oct. 26; Saturday, Oct. 29; and Monday, Oct. 31
Parking is not included in the ticket price and parking fees will apply.

Mickey’s Halloween Party tickets are subject to availability and are valid only for specific event dates and hours. Space is limited and event dates may sell out.

Tickets & all info: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/mickeys-halloween-party/?CMP=VAN-FY15MHP_Party
________________________________________________________________________________

Tickets on sale soon! Who is going this year? Prices raised and parking removed (optional extra)..

Curious Constance

In all honestly, it was fun, kids liked the trick or treating, I'm glad we did it once, but I don't think I'd go out of my way to specifically go to the party again. For one thing, 4 hours at DL goes by in what normally feels like one hour, so it's over before it feels like it started. It's hard to fit a lot into that time.

Figments Friend

I attended my first DL version of the Party the first night of the 2014 season.
It was sold out that night, so the Park was a full house for the Event but still a reasonable to manage crowd.
Bet you can guess what character I dressed up as....
;)

While I enjoyed the evening, I have to admit it was not as nice as the Halloween parties I experienced previously attending them over a multiple year period at WDW.
I went to the DL Event with a very open mind, not purposely trying to 'compare' between the two properties, but after all was seen and done the WDW versions I experienced had a edge.

Still, the DL Halloween Party was a fun night out.
The best part regardless of what coast you enjoy one on is seeing other Guests costumes and the shorter to non-existent wait times for Attractions.
OH...and 'free' candy.

It's worth experiencing, even if just once.

-

Last edited:

DisneyRoxMySox

What attractions are typically open during the party? I've been to the party at WDW several times. The fireworks at DLR would be cool to see, I'm indifferent about the candy, I'm thinking the real advantage would be to maximize time in the parks. During my visit there are two Halloween parties. With DCA likely closing early (8:00 or 9:00) it may be my only chance to have a late night in the parks.

I've never been to DLR during the Halloween season and was wondering if there are any other events (hard ticket or not) that I should look to attend?

GiveMeTheMusic

What attractions are typically open during the party? I've been to the party at WDW several times. The fireworks at DLR would be cool to see, I'm indifferent about the candy, I'm thinking the real advantage would be to maximize time in the parks. During my visit there are two Halloween parties. With DCA likely closing early (8:00 or 9:00) it may be my only chance to have a late night in the parks.

I've never been to DLR during the Halloween season and was wondering if there are any other events (hard ticket or not) that I should look to attend?

There are no other events per se at DLR during that period. If you like genuinely scary stuff, Knott's Halloween Haunt down the street is the original, real deal and worth checking out.

The party at DL doesn't compare favorably to WDW's - Halloween parties are one of the few things WDW beats the pants off DL at. The "parade" at DL is pathetic. Halloween Screams is almost beat for the beat the same as Hallowishes, except with Jack narrating and a neat flying Zero effect on the Tink wire. There's no big show (like Hocus Pocus at WDW) and less atmo entertainment. Most major attractions will be open and the lines should be manageable during the party.

DisneyRoxMySox

There are no other events per se at DLR during that period. If you like genuinely scary stuff, Knott's Halloween Haunt down the street is the original, real deal and worth checking out.

The party at DL doesn't compare favorably to WDW's - Halloween parties are one of the few things WDW beats the pants off DL at. The "parade" at DL is pathetic. Halloween Screams is almost beat for the beat the same as Hallowishes, except with Jack narrating and a neat flying Zero effect on the Tink wire. There's no big show (like Hocus Pocus at WDW) and less atmo entertainment. Most major attractions will be open and the lines should be manageable during the party.

Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to wait until the hour and entertainment schedule drops before I make my decision.

Twilight_Roxas

and with mapping projections.

GiveMeTheMusic

asianway

Clearly.

My point was there are no new offerings and yet the prices crept up.
Last year, they cut the Jamboree preparty and no one complained. Mickey, Minnie, and the Woody unit was on the trail last year. I wonder if they will relo the mice and cut the rest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom