"Mickey's Death Wheel"

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Absolutely LOVE Mickey's Fun Wheel. I wish I could get my wife and 23 year old daughter on it so I could add a hilarious video to the collection. They don't even like to watch it in operation! Thankfully my 20 year old daughter loves rides....we had a ball on this one. We usually laugh our heads of on MFF at DCA and Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom. Wish I had a recording of us on the Wheel...but at least we've got one on Whirl. Whenever I watch it, I'm immediately in a good mood. The videos above did the same thing :)

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I love the wild mouse rides. I actually really like the turns.

I wish I liked MFW, I really do. I couldn't bring myself to laugh the first (and only time) I experienced it. My sister is taking her kids to the DLR for one of their birthdays this June. I know for a fact she won't get on the Wheel and my mom really isn't going to do it. My other sister is deathly afraid of heights, so that leaves me. If the kids want to ride, I will ride with them. Maybe this time it will be more fun and less scary.

Sweet Melissa

I have to admit, the first time I rode, it took me by surprise. It was fine by the end of the ride, but I was tense for the first few starts and stops. We don't ride it anymore, though, because my fiancé is prone to motion sickness. [whisper]Yeah, that's the reason...[/whisper]

Minnie1976

I survived Mickey's Death Wheel once on our trip to DCA in February. I did not go on the swinging gandola and even managed to let go and take pictures. It was not as much fun as California Screaming and I worried before the trip about these 2 attractions.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I have never ridden the Fun Wheel, but when I was little my uncle owned the Wonder Wheel at Coney island, which the Fun Wheel is based on. We road the swinging cars once right after they had been freshly lubricated, never had any desire to try them again after that! :)

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I have never ridden the Fun Wheel, but when I was little my uncle owned the Wonder Wheel at Coney island, which the Fun Wheel is based on. We road the swinging cars once right after they had been freshly lubricated, never had any desire to try them again after that! :)

Very cool story, thanks for sharing!

croboy82

Thank god I didn't read anything about it before we went on it. Of course we decided to do the swinging ones cause it looks "fun".

Well OMG. I felt sick for a few hours after this and you always hear people screaming. It is fun though. But I don't know if I would ever go again on the swinging one :D LOL

acishere

Were you the people in the car next to us? They were screaming bloody murder the whole time, it was kind of funny. I went on knowing what to expect. I rode the original at Coney Island as well and was really excited to see one at CA. My car we just blurted a few expletives the first few stops and giggled. We laughed in the face of Mickey's death trap.

thomas998

Each time someone in my group wants to ride it I remind them of my uncle's experience on a regular ferris wheel where a bolt came loose and he and his friend had to hold on for dear life because the seat they were in came loose from one side of the wheel.... I remind them that on that crazy thing you have no way to escape if something breaks, you are in a steal cage of death waiting to plummet out of the sky to your death.

BryceM

I really want to ride this. I have had an amusement park book since I was a kid that showed The Wonder Wheel at Coney Island and described what it did. It sounded like so much fun (albeit scary), and since Mickey's Fun Wheel does the same thing, it really appeals to me... In a weird way.

Though I'm sure I'd be terrified, because even regular Ferris wheels scare me. I love roller coasters, but man, Ferris wheels get me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom