Mickeys Backyard BBQ

carriebeth

Original Poster
Thinking ahead to next year's trip (already booked thank you bounceback!!)
We possibly want to do Mickey's backyard bbq. We have never done any 2 credit dinings before. This looks fun, however, and something different we have never done at Disney before.
A few questions, however.

1. On Disney's website it lists the time on the reservations area as 5:30. Looking at other review sites etc it usually lists the time as 6:30. I don't know if they have changed the time since the review, if the times vary throughout the year, or if they list it as 5:30 to get people there a hour early since its listed in the info the arrive 50 minutes early. So would I need to arrive at 5:30 or should I plan on like 4:30?

2. There are 2 categories of seating. One is a "preferred" type. Can you book that with a dining plan or not? If you want to book that do you have to call direct to do so vs. booking online? I see no option online to choose categories.

3. How have your experiences with this been? Worth taking a whole evening off from doing other things? Worth 2 credits? Fun enough to do once but not something you would want to do everytime?

4. If it were your choice would you pick this experience or Hoop De Doo? another option for us. I was thinking more Mickey's because given we have a 1 year old, 3 year old, 5 year old, 7 year old, 9 year old, 12 year old and a couple teenagers this seemed like it might be a larger crowd pleaser for our particular age groupings.

Schneewittchen

Yay! One of my favorite topics.

1. Yes, it looks like it's earlier now for the next 6 months. When I went about 2 years ago it was at 6:30. I suspect they've just changed the time. And now it appears that you get extra character time when you arrive early.

2. You choose your seating area while you make the online reservation. And it sounds like the dining plan will work for preferred seats.

3. We've done it once. It was great for the kids (3 and 5 at the time). They got to meet Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip and Dale without the hassle of long queues in the parks. Also, they had a fantastic time getting up and dancing with the characters. I'm not sure of any other experience like it. It's way better than a parade at Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace.

4. I really love Hoop Dee Doo Revue, we've done that one multiple times. But the 1 - 9 year olds will really appreciate meeting and dancing with Mickey.

Read this: http://www.doctordisney.com/2016/08...-seating-options-with-early-character-access/

Clarissa McDaniel

I've done the Backyard BBQ once. It was fine but nothing spectacular. Definitely prefer Hoop Dee Doo. I've been to Hoop Dee Doo multiple times and can't wait to go back. Yes it's corny but it's fun for everyone and the food is delicious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom