Mickey Mouse to Appear on Kellogg Cereals

MrPromey

Original Poster
Steve84 from the email group was nice enough to provide this info. Any thoughts on it?

Mickey Mouse to Appear on Kellogg Cereals
September 5, 2001 8:45 am EST

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Walt Disney Co. on Wednesday said it formed a multi-year alliance with cereal maker
Kellogg Co., under which  Kellogg will have exclusive rights to make breakfast foods based on Disney characters
such as Mickey Mouse and Buzz Lightyear.

The companies will market the characters on Eggo waffles, Pop-Tarts and Kellogg's cereals, and sell the themed
breakfasts at restaurants in Disney theme parks and resorts.

Disney and Kellogg said they will develop a "wide range of promotional programs" using Disney's entertainment
properties, including film, television and theme parks, and Kellogg's character rights.

Shares of Kellogg, whose brands include Keebler, Rice Krispies and Morningstar Farms, closed at $32.25 on
Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange. Disney's stock closed at $25.71 on the NYSE.

DisneyFreak

Here we go. The over-exposer of Disney characters has begun. Disney has been great about not letting this happen in the past. There was a time I remember that Disney wouldn't allow anyone to use Disney characters for anything. But I guess desperate times call for desperate meassures.:(

MrPromey

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyFreak
Here we go. The over-exposer of Disney characters has begun. Disney has been great about not letting this happen in the past. There was a time I remember that Disney wouldn't allow anyone to use Disney characters for anything. But I guess desperate times call for desperate meassures.:(

This isn't the first time. In Walt's day, Mickey endorsed cereals, there were even Disneyland cutout lamp things on cereal boxes at one time... Back in, I think it was '92 Aladdin was featured on the front of a cereal box (I'm thinking it was Special K but I don't know for sure) I was thinking more about the "Disney and Kellogg said they will develop a wide range of promotional programs using Disney's entertainment
properties, including film, television and theme parks, and Kellogg's character rights" Does this mean meet-and-greets with the Keebler Elves?

wdwmaniac

Just wait we will see Disney on everything one day. If they make them the offical company of WDW and DL. They other will want Mickey too!! (Coca-Cola, McDonald's, NESTLES, GM,....)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom