Mickey Mouse (2013)

Amidala

Original Poster
I'm not sure if this thread has already been made, but I couldn't find one anywhere else in the forums so here goes! Ever since the announcement of MMRR, I've been watching the shorts (they're free to view on YouTube here) and was pleasantly surprised. Before now, I only caught a glimpse of them at the food courts of WDW resorts, and I remember thinking that they were kind of weird. But having watched the first ten or so all the way through, I'm excited to see what they do with it @ DHS.

The shorts take place in a huge variety of different locations (from Central Park in NYC to Japan) and the visuals are really beautiful. There's also a lot of shout-outs to classic Disney iconography, including Cinderella's castle and the facade of small world. Here's some landscape shots:

Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 7.38.02 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 7.38.08 PM.png tumblr_ototbt327i1qgakgso1_1280.png tumblr_ototbt327i1qgakgso2_1280.png tumblr_ototbt327i1qgakgso3_1280.png tumblr_ototbt327i1qgakgso4_1280.png tumblr_ototbt327i1qgakgso5_1280.png tumblr_ototbt327i1qgakgso6_1280.png tumblr_otpt77ONiJ1qgakgso1_1280.png

The super simplified character designs and style of humor remind me of older Mickey shorts. It can be hit or miss, but some episodes really had me laughing ("Bad Ear Day" was a favorite).

Anyone else actually enjoying these?

ppete1975

Forget about the difference in the look of mickey (which I like even though it isn't classic mickey), the shortness of the cartoons and the slap stick humor is very old school. I don't like modern cartoons (non Disney) I miss the old warner brothers hanna Barbara and Disney. This gave me that feeling and I love them. I didn't know they existed either until I was staying at a Disney hotel a few years ago and yodelburg came on and I laughed and thought it was an old cartoon. IT reminds me of the classic Disney like the one where Donald mickey and goofy get caught in the haunted house. .. ill brb googling now..WOW 1937 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lonesome_Ghosts

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom