Mickey Christmas Party Rip OFF

faithful

Original Poster
The only reason that I coughed up the extra money for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party was to see the Christmas Parade. NOW, I am being told that everyone will see it if it replaces the Spectromagic Parade. What did I get for the extra money? A cup of cocoa and a cookie? I want a refund!!:mad:

dopey

yeah, all these changes bite the big one. but you're a big girl now. you can decide whether you still want to go or not. if you want to cancel, pick up the phone and dial (407) 934-7639. i'm sure disney will understand.

faithful

Original Poster
All-right Dopey. I wrote WDW an email and said I want a refund. We will see what they say. By the way....how do you know I AM A BIG GIRL NOW....MAYBE I AM A BIG BOY!! (Actually I am a girl but thats beside the point. I hope just because I am complaining doesn't make you assume I am a girl.:)D

Uh, just a side note - The Magic Kingdom always shows the christmas parade during the day around xmas time, the party is simply an opportunity to see it before hand.

As a second side note - I would highly doubt that WDW would refund your tickets based on an unconfirmed rumor.

mickeyfan

Originally posted by faithful
The only reason that I coughed up the extra money for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party was to see the Christmas Parade. NOW, I am being told that everyone will see it if it replaces the Spectromagic Parade. What did I get for the extra money? A cup of cocoa and a cookie? I want a refund!!:mad:

Along with the cocoa and cookies (all you care to eat I might add), you get the free photo, which makes a great souvenior from the evening, snow on Mainstreet and wonderful memories which can't be taken away!!

But I have to go along with Dopey, if you are unhappy with the situation, don't go "to the happiest place on earth". Cancel and save your money!! If you coughed up that much money to see a parade, you have more money to spare than I. I love MVMCP and would go even if they didn't have a parade. :sohappy:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
ummm-FYI!

Xmas parade is played for ALL guests the week before Xmas. It is not an event exclusive. SO you are NOT getting ripped off. And Spectro WILL be played. So please explain what your griping is, since I can't seem to find it.

faithful

Original Poster
I am not talking the week of christmas. I am talking about the first week of December. All news boards are saying that the electromagic parade is going to be canceled.

Castle Cake Apologist

What the...

::Holds head in complete and utter confusion::
Ok, what the hell are you griping about? Spectromagic or the Christmas parade?? You first post made NO sense whatsoever. EXPLAIN YOURSELF!! Sheesh ::Soaks head in a bucket of ice water::

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by mktiggerman
ummm-FYI!

Xmas parade is played for ALL guests the week before Xmas. It is not an event exclusive. SO you are NOT getting ripped off. And Spectro WILL be played. So please explain what your griping is, since I can't seem to find it.

MK Tiggerman, as I have never seen the Christmas parade (even when I went to MVMCP...I was on rides) I have a question. I know it is shown at night for the party. Is it shown at night during Christmas week, or is it shown during the day (at 3PM) or both? Does it replace Spectromagic DURING CHRISTMAS WEEK? Since Spectromagic only runs a few times a month, only on weekends, during the "off" season anyways, are you saying that it might still run in early December on non-MVMCP nights? I hope I've made myself clear!!! ;)

faithful

Original Poster
I am traveling with 3 young children who will never be able to stay up late. I was told by Disney concierge that the only way to see the wonderful christmas parade the first week of December is to buy the MVMCP tickets (for a family of seven!) The plan was to go to parade and then on to bed. It seemed silly to go in December for the Chirstmas feel and skip the big parage. Now all the news boards are saying that Disney will discontinue Spectromagic permanently and replace it during regular hours with the Christmas parade. So what did I need to spend a couple extra hundred dollars for? a cup of cocoa, a cookie and now I learn a nice picture.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by marciahahn
Does it replace Spectromagic DURING CHRISTMAS WEEK?

no it does not. It replaces the 3pm parade during Xmas week. Even though this is not official, and isn't posted, I have the strangest feeling (maybe it's from being a parade performer the past 3 years) the spectro will play every night during xmas week.

Castle Cake Apologist

SpectroMagic is NOT cancelled!

I'm not sure where people get their information (The parking lot attendant maybe?) but SpectroMagic is not cancelled, just on limited dates, meaning it will only be shown on select dates. Check your guide map or the local tipboard for information on dates and times. The christmas parade will still be played for all of those who go to the chirstmas party, but it will also be shown the week of christmas as it always has been. Case most likely closed. (Altho around here I doubt it :animwink: )

Herbie53

Premium Member
I believe Faithful is refering to the rumor that Spectromagic will be the next victim of the extensive cut backs. If that parade is cancelled for the off season, the christmas parade may be used as a supplement, in which case no one would need to buy the tickets to the christmas event to see the parade. Am I right?
But either way, I would think that the tickets to this christmas event would be fully refundable, even if you just changed your mind for no good reason. If so, then there should be no problem.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Normally you can see the Christmas parade without going to MVMCP, if you go the week before Christmas. Going to MVMCP gives you the advantage of seeing it with less people in the park, along with all the other benefits of the hard ticket event - such as--

1. a really cool special edition firework show
2. photos
3. snacks
4. Erides
5. 2 showings of the parade
6. snow on Main Street
7. special stage shows

It's well worth going! :)

I am pretty sure its non-refundable. I know in 1999 we had to cancel a trip to WDW, and while we were able to get refunds on the resort etc, we couldnt get a refund on MVMCP tickets.

dopey

Originally posted by faithful
All-right Dopey. I wrote WDW an email and said I want a refund. We will see what they say. By the way....how do you know I AM A BIG GIRL NOW....MAYBE I AM A BIG BOY!! (Actually I am a girl but thats beside the point. I hope just because I am complaining doesn't make you assume I am a girl.:)D

i assumed you were a big girl because you say in your profile that you're a "happy homemaker" and you list your birth date.

i don't know any guys who, even if they were stay-at-home dads, would refer to themselves that way.

i hope you get what you want out of your trip, if you're still planning to go, that is.

Chris

Originally posted by Herbie53
But either way, I would think that the tickets to this christmas event would be fully refundable, even if you just changed your mind for no good reason. If so, then there should be no problem.

I don't believe that tickets to MVMCP are any more "refundable" than regulat rheme park entry tickets.

I also remember that there was lots more to do than see the parade. If you are spending $35 per person just to see the Christmas parade then stay home and watch it on TV. I know a lot of people come to see the parade and the attractions are almost empty. Even though the park was quite crowded, we did more in the four hours of MVMCP than we did all day on a regular day. And we still caught the second parade. Besides, I like the parks best at night. We will be going again this year and if the run the Christmas parade during the day and I see it three or four times, so be it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom