Miceage Update - Buh-bye Bug's Land?!?

Travel Junkie

The main takeaway I get is not the rumors as most of isn't really new to those of us that follow this stuff. It is the (again not surprising) ineptitude and unorganized Disney corporate in Burbank and Anaheim. It goes to show that you can run a very successful business without any direction whatsoever.

My biggest disappointment is the move towards making the future of FastPass available as an upcharge only.

TP2000

Original Poster
I think this is the first time we've heard that It's Tough To Be A Bug would be closing for something Marvel, much less a dark ride in that space.

Or maybe I'm just not on the right threads here? First I've heard of it at least.

yeti

Those guys continue to do a bang up job with the relative absence of Al Lutz, every time I see one of these it's like Christmas. Loving what I'm hearing about the level of immersion in Star Wars Land, it really harkens back to the ridiculous overtures to "put on a good show" that Disney is renowned for. Adios, Flick.

mikenatcity1

I'm neither sad or happy about this...it's always been weird for me leaving the theater for ITTBAG and not being at the Tree of Life :) I only just last year found Bugsland (after years of going to DCA).

britain

Our family quite likes bugs land, but we don't really care for the 3D show. Oh well, there is no turning back, not for us, not for our carousel.

drizgirl

We don't ride things in Bugsland so it doesn't matter to me.

But wasn't Bugsland added so they could attract families with young kids over to DCA from DL? Isn't that an even bigger goal with SWL coming to DL? Seems shortsighted.

jmuboy

I think an AntMan Dark Ride must be what is going into Bugs theater like the one planned for HKDL (a buzz style shooting ride). That ride alone could maintain the capacity of all bugs rides currently
Flik's Fliers could go to the AK park near their bugs show. i detest those stupid bumper cars. Lady Bug is a lesser version of Maters.

Not sad to see this area go.

SSG

I like this all-bases-covered passage:

All of these Marvel plans could be announced at D23 Expo, with a recap and minor details fleshed out at Comic-Con. Or, only half of the Marvel Land plans could be announced at D23 (dark ride, dining), with the other half revealed a week later down the freeway at Comic-Con (coaster, shopping). Perhaps the Halloween overlay for Guardians will also be saved for Comic-Con? Or, like 2015, Burbank may get cold feet within days of the Expo and decide to hold off on showing their full hand at D23 and just throw the fans a few bones.

SSG

"decision to move Paint The Night over to DCA by this Thanksgiving, removing the fake overhead trolley wires in the process."

I
hope Disney goes the extra mile and puts in a retractable system for the wires. I know they aren't necessary to power the Red Car, but they are a nice visual touch and help the illusion that you really are riding a 1930s trolley.

GiveMeTheMusic

I like this all-bases-covered passage:

All of these Marvel plans could be announced at D23 Expo, with a recap and minor details fleshed out at Comic-Con. Or, only half of the Marvel Land plans could be announced at D23 (dark ride, dining), with the other half revealed a week later down the freeway at Comic-Con (coaster, shopping). Perhaps the Halloween overlay for Guardians will also be saved for Comic-Con? Or, like 2015, Burbank may get cold feet within days of the Expo and decide to hold off on showing their full hand at D23 and just throw the fans a few bones.

The sad thing is it's true. WDPR has zero plan and zero vision. They've been working on the Marvel expansion for nearly three years and it's STILL not finalized.

SSG

"TDA simply realizes there is no need to offer Cast Members free previews of Star Wars Land where they will blab all the details on Social Media, and that local AP’s and fans from around the world will gobble up extra cost tickets at $150 or more per head to be the first to experience Star Wars Land."

I think it will be a lot more than $150 for the preview.

Animaniac93-98

So if Bug's Land is what goes away for Marvel, what happens to Hollywood Land?

Does it just sit there looking like it does now for another decade +?

Burgower1994

I am happy that Marvel would replace bug land instead of Hollywoodland! Let just hope Disney will create a real Hollywoodland with a marquee attraction (hopefully Mickey trackless ride) so there a real transition in the park. Buena Vista Street is such a great area, and if they can make a real 1930s land that represents Hollywood, I would be ecstatic. Will I miss Heimlich's chew chew train smell of candy corn? Absolutely!!! But I would trade that any day for a proper Hollywood land in the future!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom