MEW's Dream Disney Resort - The Final Chapter - Winner of a Lemon Tree Award, Sponsored by Applebees

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Good news, everyone!

475379_1285024901819_200_181.jpg

After much deliberation, self-thought, and discussion with those I hold closest to me, I have come to the conclusion that I am not meant to be a student. In the words of one of my best friends, "No offense, but the only thing you're good at is performing. Get out of school now." At heart, I am an entertainer. I have been for a long time, and I've been kidding myself for too long to not follow this dream. Voice over work, directing musicals, and acting onstage is what I aspire to attain in life and, with that in mind, I have decided to drop out of my classes and begin getting my life together in terms of taking master classes, auditioning for shows, etc. It's going to be a long journey ahead of me, but I'm so much happier now than I was just yesterday morning. That being said, yes, my life is going to go through a series of dramatic changes this next week, but...

THIS PROJECT IS BACK ON TRACK!!!!

I can't promise when exactly I'll be able to restart where I left off (I also need to get back into that Imagineering mindset if you know what I mean), but it will be soon. Hopefully by the end of next week. I'm still working part-time, of course, but that isn't nearly as time consuming as 21 hours of school every week.

In the meantime, as a thank you for waiting so patiently, I thought I'd give you all an exclusive sneak-peek at some concept art for the Haunted Mansion, as provided by my friend @Basketbuddy101... I won't be giving the way the house's intimidating facade just yet, but I will provide this subtle hint at an element of the exterior queue. Just look at how creepy and beautiful this render is...

Render3_zps60ehqxxj.png

As with this project's first draft, the Haunted Mansion will continue to reside in Hollywoodland in the final draft, rooted in the intriguing legends surrounding Haunted Hollywood. While the house's facade will be revealed come the final draft, I will reveal that its architecture is loosely inspired by a mix of the L.A. Murder House (yes, that's a real place), the abandoned Garland Mansion, and Florida's Tower of Terror. Stay tuned...

Twilight_Roxas

I've been having thoughts of the Spiderman attraction Mew. Like the same Spiderman ride system is the same, but with a new story theme to the Spiderverse arc having Spiderman (Peter Parker), Kid Arachnid (Miles Moralis), and Spider Gwen (Gwen Stacey), and the riders dealing with a new foe that threatens the Spiderverse.

Last edited:

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I don't think I want to directly rip off of Universal's Spider-Man attraction, even if the story is new. There are other ways to get the story across, you know? Plus, I don't want Disney to directly rip off of a ride system that Universal is known for. You don't see Universal having an EMV jeep ride through an ancient temple or jungle filled with dinosaurs... Lol.

Anywho, I'm definitely getting this project back on track, and I'm very pleased with it. The Haunted Mansion is my focus right now (must be something about the Halloween season), but the rest of the project will get going soon enough.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Alrighty, folks, here's another update for y'all...

There will be four parades for Disneyland Australia that vary depending on the season.

1. Storytellers on Parade: Your generic Disney-fied parade with familiar characters, films, and music. Think Parade of Dreams meets Festival of Fantasy. Featured films include (but are not limited to) The Jungle Book, Mulan, and Tangled. January - August.

2. Paint the Night Parade: A revised and unique take on the Hong Kong and Disneyland staple. May - August. November - December.

3. Jack Skellington's Parade of Screams: An epic Halloween parade; let me rephrase that; the best Halloween parade Disney has ever done, outshining even that of Boo to You. Such unique floats include a mobile version of Gaston's Tavern, the Monstrous Train from The Nightmare Before Christmas (helmed by a Burton-esque scarecrow), and the world's first Hatbox Ghost walk-around character. Jack leads the parade in his Pumpkin King attire and concludes the parade in his Sandy Claws sleigh and suit.

4. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade: This is pretty self-explanatory, right? November - December.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Illuminate the Night sounds a little too long...I think I'll stick with Paint the Night, it's short and sweet.

I promise you all that the final draft is still well underway, folks. As it turns out, going to school for those few weeks and getting caught up in my company's musical made me lose track of where last I left off...so, I have to go through what I have and do a lot of things...over. It's also an entirely different experience looking at old ideas and revising them with a fresh mind. I won't announce a specific day of release, but I promise you, this draft will be done before the year is out. Even if I'm here on New Year's Eve, painstakingly writing out every last word, I WILL get this done. You have the word of Bagheera...I mean...MEW.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Update: Things are coming along nicely. Like I said, I would ideally like to have this project completed by the end of 2016 (ironically, I started advertising this thread at the end of 2015). I'll still have to post everything in parts, but nonetheless, it is coming along nicely and the proper edits are being made. I can't wait to share it with you, hopefully sooner than later. Right now, my focus has been directed toward the park's spookier elements (given the month at hand), particularly the Haunted Mansion. Guys, I can honestly say that this is going to be the best HM I have ever worked on. For those of you know me, that's saying a lot.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Hey MEW have you ever thought of having two different Halloween events one for kids, and one for teens & adults?

DLA is going to have scary overlays and mazes, that's for certain. If anything, I'll take the same route as HKDL. While the parade is more oriented toward families, the mazes, scare zone(s), and overlays will be more oriented toward teens and adults. Kids will be able to trick-or-treat in Fantasyland and Toontown. I do want to involve everyone, not just older folk.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Because I wonder which land should have a maze based off Freeform's Dead of Summer?

I wasn't planning on a maze featuring that show haha.

So far the mazes/scary attractions that I have finalized are...

- Eliasburg Haunted Hotel
- Jungle Terror Cruise
- The Labyrinth (Greek Mythology Maze)
- Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy

Twilight_Roxas

I wasn't planning on a maze featuring that show haha.

So far the mazes/scary attractions that I have finalized are...

- Eliasburg Haunted Hotel
- Jungle Terror Cruise
- The Labyrinth (Greek Mythology Maze)
- Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy
Darn was hoping it would since its the only horror theme anthology series on a Disney network. I could loan you my ToT attraction long with its backstory and its maze. What about Marvel is it going to be taken over by the villains led by Carnage?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom