MEW's Dream Disney Resort - The Final Chapter - Winner of a Lemon Tree Award, Sponsored by Applebees

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
It's time for a write-your-vote kind of poll! Which option would you prefer?

A) Starport 55, Mos Eisley Spaceport, Marvel City (name change tba), and Tomorrowland
B) Starport 55, Marvel City (name change tba), and Tomorrowland
C) Marvel City, Mos Eisley Spaceport, and Tomorrowland
D) Mos Eisley Spaceport, Starport 55, and Tomorrowland
E) Tomorrowland and Starport 55
F) Tomorrowland Only (meaning lots of sub-lands)
G) Mos Eisley Spaceport and Starport 55 Only
H) None of the Above (specify)

Regardless of the popular vote, Discovery Bay will be retained. Keep in mind which each land represents...

Tomorrowland: An authentic look at mankind's future and progress in the form of a mock-Utopian society. Much of the land takes inspiration from classic Future World, including Journey Into Imagination, Horizons, Adventure Thru Inner Space, a submarine attraction, etc. If option F is selected, it would mean the land would become a collection of sub-lands in addition to the Future World-esque theme. So expect to see Future World, science fiction and Marvel all in one mega-land.

Starport 55: Basically Florida's Tomorrowland mixed with the never-built concepts for Tomorrowland 2055. Star Wars can hypothetically be included, as could Marvel's GOTG. Lots of kooky architecture and spaceships scattered around the land.

Marvel City: A retro-futuristic city that appears to be straight from the pages of a comic book. As such, the city was designed by Stark Industries and includes representation for almost every Marvel superhero, including the Fantastic Four.

Mos Eisley Spaceport: Everyone's favorite hive of scum and villainy finally realized in its entirety in a Disney Park.

FigmentPigments

I'm going to be difficult.

H

For some reason, Tomorrowland is really not doing anything for me (which is odd since I love Journey Into Imagination). I would rather have Starport 55, Mos Eisley, and Marvel City only.

I know my choice is not going to be the popular one, but there you go...:)

IAmNotAHufflepuff

It's time for a write-your-vote kind of poll! Which option would you prefer?

A) Starport 55, Mos Eisley Spaceport, Marvel City (name change tba), and Tomorrowland
B) Starport 55, Marvel City (name change tba), and Tomorrowland
C) Marvel City, Mos Eisley Spaceport, and Tomorrowland
D) Mos Eisley Spaceport, Starport 55, and Tomorrowland
E) Tomorrowland and Starport 55
F) Tomorrowland Only (meaning lots of sub-lands)
G) Mos Eisley Spaceport and Starport 55 Only
H) None of the Above (specify)

Regardless of the popular vote, Discovery Bay will be retained. Keep in mind which each land represents...

Tomorrowland: An authentic look at mankind's future and progress in the form of a mock-Utopian society. Much of the land takes inspiration from classic Future World, including Journey Into Imagination, Horizons, Adventure Thru Inner Space, a submarine attraction, etc. If option F is selected, it would mean the land would become a collection of sub-lands in addition to the Future World-esque theme. So expect to see Future World, science fiction and Marvel all in one mega-land.

Starport 55: Basically Florida's Tomorrowland mixed with the never-built concepts for Tomorrowland 2055. Star Wars can hypothetically be included, as could Marvel's GOTG. Lots of kooky architecture and spaceships scattered around the land.

Marvel City: A retro-futuristic city that appears to be straight from the pages of a comic book. As such, the city was designed by Stark Industries and includes representation for almost every Marvel superhero, including the Fantastic Four.

Mos Eisley Spaceport: Everyone's favorite hive of scum and villainy finally realized in its entirety in a Disney Park.

A

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I'm going to be difficult.

H

For some reason, Tomorrowland is really not doing anything for me (which is odd since I love Journey Into Imagination). I would rather have Starport 55, Mos Eisley, and Marvel City only.

I know my choice is not going to be the popular one, but there you go...:)

Haha, of course your opinion still matters, even if it is the least popular. For me personally, I'd love to take a stab at a Future World-type area, but again, I want to hear the fans' opinions before I cater to my own. :p

All-in-all, I might have to reconfigure the eastern side of the park a bit. As it stands, it would currently be home to Discovery Bay, Tomorrowland, Mos Eisley Spaceport, Starport 55, Marvel City, and Hollywoodland, while the western side of the park only holds Adventureland, Frontierland and the Badlands. If anything, I might have to move Hollywoodland over to the western side to open up some space for the clearly sci-fi-centered side of the park.

FigmentPigments

Haha, of course your opinion still matters, even if it is the least popular. For me personally, I'd love to take a stab at a Future World-type area, but again, I want to hear the fans' opinions before I cater to my own. :p

All-in-all, I might have to reconfigure the eastern side of the park a bit. As it stands, it would currently be home to Discovery Bay, Tomorrowland, Mos Eisley Spaceport, Starport 55, Marvel City, and Hollywoodland, while the western side of the park only holds Adventureland, Frontierland and the Badlands. If anything, I might have to move Hollywoodland over to the western side to open up some space for the clearly sci-fi-centered side of the park.
Thanks. It's nice to know that my opinion is valid even if that's not the direction it ends up taking. ;)

I agree. Most of the choices do center around the sci-fi genre. The good thing though is that you can connect Hollywood land with say Marvel City and still have a good transition. Of course, I haven't seen the layout yet so that may not work. I'll leave that to you. :D

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I'm so glad that you all wanted me to add Starport 55... I'm having a ball creating it. :D

Roxas, I still plan on (ironically) having a Marvel-themed Tower of Terror in the Marvel City area in which The Avengers team up with The Fantastic Four to fight Dr. Doom. Remember, Australia is out of Universal's agreement limits, so it's okay to include said characters who are not normally a part of the MCU. GOTG will still be featured in my park, albeit in the previously-disclosed form of Guardians of the Galaxy: An ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter. The GOTG attraction will actually be held in Starport 55, NOT Marvel City. However, it will be a transition point from the Starport to said land.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Roxas, I really value the support you always have had for my projects throughout the years. Although it wouldn't be my first pick, I really respect your opinion and want for an attraction based on Spider-Man. That being said, I'll be adding a Spider-Man attraction in the final draft with you in mind. It won't be the Universal attraction by any means, but there will be one. :)

I'm aiming to have the final draft completed by August 19th, folks. It takes me quite a long time to perfect anything, so I apologize for the now-five or six month delay since the original draft was posted. o_O

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
UPDATE: August 19th is still a possibility, but I wouldn't count on it. This project is one of those things that will probably never be complete, as long as there is imagination left in my head. I do start school a week from today (for the first time in five years!), so my availability to complete the final draft might be tampered with due to real-world obligations setting in. I promise, though, I will have that final draft up if it's the last thing I do! Now for some general updates.

- Discovery Bay and Starport 55 have merged into one land: Discoveryland, the sci-fi-centric neighbor to Tomorrowland's southern border. I felt as if, for me personally, having so many sci-fi-themed lands in one park was a bit overkill, especially considering that while my Tomorrowland takes a realistic look into the future, it still has elements of science fiction in its design. By combining Starport 55 and Discovery Bay, I feel as if Discoveryland will provide nothing but the best quality, thematically and dramatically. While the theme of the California Gold Rush may be dropped from the Discovery Bay backstory, the retro-futuristic theme carries over (from the Nautilus to the Hyperion Airship), as do references to the likes of Jules Verne, H.G. Wells, Leonardo Da Vinci, Isaac Newton, etc., all brought into the "future" by who else but Timekeeper and 9-Eyes. I'll explain more in the final draft.

- @FigmentPigments has agreed to produce some concept art in the matter of the Jungle River Cruise! Expect to see these in the Adventureland portion of the final draft, if not during a Jungle River Cruise ride-thru!

- Every land will be connected in a subtle detail through S.E.A. More on this in the final draft, but much of the

- Tomorrowland is now divided into pavilions, much like Epcot's Future World. The pavilions include: Wonders of Chemistry, Wonders of History, Wonders of Earth, Wonders of Imagination, and Wonders of Technology. Wonders of History is my personal favorite pavilion, featuring not one, but two mega-dark rides...

- Here is a rough blueprint map for the park. The bubbles representing the lands are NOT up to scale in the slightest, nor are the paths connecting each land. Just pretend it is 1,000 acres of realism.

Layout.png

1. The Hub
2. Eliasburg
3. Hollywoodland
4. Toontown
5. Adventureland
6. Uncharted Lagoon
7. Westernland
8. Fantasyland
9. Tomorrowland
10. Discoveryland
11. Marvel City
12. Mos Eisley Spaceport

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom