MEW's Dream Disney Resort - The Final Chapter - Winner of a Lemon Tree Award, Sponsored by Applebees

This park sounds great so far! I would have an idea for the Mos Eisley thing in the prequel land: maybe there can be a ride like Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage or The Seas With Nemo and Friends, only it is themed around a trip to Otoh Gunga with Jar Jar Binks? Or maybe Otoh Gunga could be a splash zone for little kids like the Casey Junior thing at Storybook Circus at the Magic Kingdom in Orlando. A podracing ride sounds like a good idea, though.

I also love the Monsters Inc, Inside Out, and Hercules areas! You have many great ideas! You should really work for Disney someday!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Considering how often my ideas are shared by other users without due credit (DisneyMan, you at least credit me and ask permission, which I thank you for, so this does not apply to you), I'm thinking about shutting this project down entirely. It's really upsetting to me that I can't come up with ideas anymore without having someone "borrow" them and claim them as their own, going so far as to take credit for them. I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I'm getting really fed up with this ongoing situation. It's been happening for about three years now lol and it is disheartening in so many ways.

I know imitation can be considered the highest form of flattery, but not when you work really hard to write something that someone else claims as their own. As a writer, that sucks, especially when you spend so much time and effort creating something for a community of friends to enjoy. It's frustrating to me because then it looks like I'm stealing ideas from other users, and makes me feel as if I need to change my work so it doesn't appear that I'm the one borrowing.

FigmentPigments

Considering how often my ideas are shared by other users without due credit (DisneyMan, you at least credit me and ask permission, which I thank you for, so this does not apply to you), I'm thinking about shutting this project down entirely. It's really upsetting to me that I can't come up with ideas anymore without having someone "borrow" them and claim them as their own, going so far as to take credit for them. I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I'm getting really fed up with this ongoing situation. It's been happening for about three years now lol and it is disheartening in so many ways.

I know imitation can be considered the highest form of flattery, but not when you work really hard to write something that someone else claims as their own. As a writer, that sucks, especially when you spend so much time and effort creating something for a community of friends to enjoy. It's frustrating to me because then it looks like I'm stealing ideas from other users, and makes me feel as if I need to change my work so it doesn't appear that I'm the one borrowing.
Oh my gosh, Mew! Is it really that bad? :eek: I understand the fustration and can't blame you. I support your decision, and I'm sorry to see this project go. I'll definitely be interested if you decide to post down the line. Good luck. You do some awesome work.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

I totally get where you're coming from, and I feel really bad for you, but I haven't really seen anyone try to borrow without due credit. Can you give some examples? :eek:o_O

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Alright, I've done some serious thinking, and here is what I'd like to do with this project.

I'm going to proceed with work on the final draft AFTER I return from Walt Disney World a week from this Saturday. I fly out on Sunday night and will return to California on Friday evening, so I'd like to keep my mind open to new ideas while I'm visiting. This project has been too much work for me to give up on so soon, you know? How many months have I been working on this? Haha, it feels like almost an entire year... I may not like having my ideas borrowed without due permission, but alas, imitation is the highest form of flattery and deep down, I'll know that I was the one behind the idea in the first place. I also have a collection of AMAZING concept art for the Haunted Mansion by @Basketbuddy101 which CANNOT vanish without a trace. Guys, the artwork is incredible and that alone is reasoning for me to complete the final draft and share it with you all. It's INSANE how amazingly well-done it is.

In the meantime, if you'd like to use one of my ideas from this project, or any other project I have worked on in the past, please ask me first. :) I really don't mind, I just want due credit for my work. It sucks working on something for so long and then having someone else claim it as their own. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
It's Snow White's Castle, so Snow White will be the focal point. Notably, I've relocated Scary Adventures to the inside of the castle in place of the would-be Snow White Castle Mystery Tour. A tough decision, but better one in the end.

rollercoastersa

I'm normally a silent lurker and have been a pretty big fan of this plan. I would LOVE to see it finished :) As for the whole credit thing: no offense to those who do this, but... when you look at some of these other "dream projects" you can immediately spot what things are actually quality (your stuff among other stuff) and are utter [...] (usually by the initiator itself). What I want to say is, people are very likely to know where their "idea" really came from. Because the ideas are well thought out (which I can't always say for others), I think people will immediately notice that. I really hope you are not discouraged to finish this :) The right people know where the idea came from!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
This project is definitely not going to be lost to the pages of time. :) I feel encouraged enough by the support I've received to push forward with the project for sure. You're right, usually people can tell where the idea came from, that is true. Hopefully the people borrowing without permission realize this... Haha.

Again, folks, I'm in Walt Disney World starting Monday, so I'll be scouting out new and exciting ideas for my project before continuing forward with the final draft.

DisneyManOne

This project is definitely not going to be lost to the pages of time. :) I feel encouraged enough by the support I've received to push forward with the project for sure. You're right, usually people can tell where the idea came from, that is true. Hopefully the people borrowing without permission realize this... Haha.

Again, folks, I'm in Walt Disney World starting Monday, so I'll be scouting out new and exciting ideas for my project before continuing forward with the final draft.

I can't wait to see your final draft, my friend! Have fun at Disney World!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I'm still in Florida, having a blast. Naturally, I've found more inspiration for my work by having spent four days in WDW - a lot of it. So before I return to California, I have a simple question to run by y'all.

Understandably, the gimmick of this project has been the fact that I'm creating the biggest Magic Kingdom ever, one that boasts more lands and attractions than any other park in existence. The pressing issue here is that, while realism doesn't matter to me in regards to the sizing, it might be beneficial creatively and realistically to split the project into two parks, one being Disneyland, the other being Disney's Earth, a World Showcase-meets-DisneySea- type park that I had initially planned back in 2008 for the original DLA. This would mean a direct split in the theming of the original rough draft that garnered popular attention in the first place.

As I am torn between the matter at hand myself, I would like to hear the opinion of the majority, including the opinion of any silent lurkers out there. :)

I was so entranced with Epcot that I just have to include some kind of world showcase like area. If it ends up staying all in one park, I'll most likely create an International Street area. Keep in mind, by creating a second park, the final draft would be further delayed.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

I'm still in Florida, having a blast. Naturally, I've found more inspiration for my work by having spent four days in WDW - a lot of it. So before I return to California, I have a simple question to run by y'all.

Understandably, the gimmick of this project has been the fact that I'm creating the biggest Magic Kingdom ever, one that boasts more lands and attractions than any other park in existence. The pressing issue here is that, while realism doesn't matter to me in regards to the sizing, it might be beneficial creatively and realistically to split the project into two parks, one being Disneyland, the other being Disney's Earth, a World Showcase-meets-DisneySea- type park that I had initially planned back in 2008 for the original DLA. This would mean a direct split in the theming of the original rough draft that garnered popular attention in the first place.

As I am torn between the matter at hand myself, I would like to hear the opinion of the majority, including the opinion of any silent lurkers out there. :)

I was so entranced with Epcot that I just have to include some kind of world showcase like area. If it ends up staying all in one park, I'll most likely create an International Street area. Keep in mind, by creating a second park, the final draft would be further delayed.

I'm not sure... Just go with your gut.

orlando678-

Although still cool, I would stick to the one park scenario as it is something different here on the forums

DlpPhantom

What if instead of losing the charm of having the massive magic kingdom park. As the only park of the resort you have a downtown Disney like area themed to countries around the world. Maybe have hotels to go with some of the countries. Just an option I would love to see whatever you do.

DisneyManOne

Although I believe that the shoe-horning of IPs (hopefully, what we're currently hearing regarding this park's future will only be a big rumor) will certainly be its death knell, I still get thoroughly entranced by Epcot's spirit of optimism for the future. I honestly feel that a "spiritual successor" would be very nice. I'd like to see Disney's Earth myself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom