MEW's Dream Disney Resort - The Final Chapter - Winner of a Lemon Tree Award, Sponsored by Applebees

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Update: this project keeps getting better and better. I know it's been awhile since I've posted any updates, and I know that we are ludicrously past the deadline that I had promised for you all, but I assure you, it is only taking me this long because I am putting the extra amount of work into it. As I go on, I keep coming up with new and exciting ideas that make me rethink the old. Then I rethink the new. It's a long, tedious and fun process.

Plus, real-life is a thing and tends to get in the way quite a lot. I promise that I will complete this project, I truly do. As for its release date, you're just going to have to wait for that one random day when you are more than likely tagged in a post marking the final draft's completion. It could be this year. It could be next year. Heck, it could even be 2018 by the time I'm finished. As long as I have imagination left in my brain, I'm going to keep typing until it is perfect in my mind.

Never in my armchair Imagineering career have I taken so long to put something together. This is truly a labor of love, and I really, really hope that when the final draft is ready, you're ready to explore. Keep your eyes and hearts open, because it is going to pop-up when you least expect it.

So, until then... Peace out, loyal followers. Catch you on the flippedy-flip... Or, er, see you when the final draft is done.

- MEW

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
In honor of the holiday season drawing nearer and nearer, as well as the soon-to-be-completed final draft, I would like to confront you all with a fun little question. What would you like to see in this final draft?

True, I've asked this before, true, I'm getting closer and closer to completing the draft (finally), but the question is, what would you like to see? Are there any certain attractions, shops, or restaurants? Any holiday overlays or rare characters? Anything special that would make this your dream resort? I'm going to tag those of you who have followed this thread around for awhile just to get some quick feedback. Here are the lands (with sub-lands) to see your input. It has been a while, so remember, this is the largest Magic Kingdom in the world. This park is meant to be a multi-day, multi-stay experience. You may also notice some significant changes from the original draft.

Eliasburg, U.S.A.
- Town Square
- Main Street
- Center Street (East & West)
- Blue Moon Boulevard

Hollywoodland
- Hollywood Boulevard
- Sunset Boulevard
- Toontown

Adventureland
- Paradise Springs
- Pirate's Cove
- Arabian Marketplace

Westernland
- Buzzard Butte
- Port of Orleans
- Critter Country
- Glacier Ridge

The Badlands
- No Sub-Lands

Fantasyland
- Castle Town
- Enchanted Forest
- Belle's Village
- Wonderland
- Dumbo's Circus

Tomorrowland
- Wonders of Chemistry Pavilion
- Wonders of Imagination Pavilion
- Wonders of Earth Pavilion
- Wonders of History Pavilion
- Wonders of Technology Pavilion

Discoveryland
- Starport 55
- Marvel City
- Mos Eisley Spaceport
- Monstropolis
- Discovery Bay

There will also be a ninth and tenth land... I'm just not sure what exactly those will be just yet. I've clearly removed Pixar Place from the final product, merely for the sake of keeping "Land" in the title of every area. I am open to any suggestions.

@spacemt354, @DlpPhantom, @Twilight_Roxas, @S.P.E.W, @IAmNotAHufflepuff, @FigmentPigments, @DisneyManOne.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Small World Holiday is definitely a thing. Since I decided to cut Halloween Town and Christmas Town from Fantasyland, Haunted Mansion Holiday is definitely a distinct possibility. I can see a lot of potential with the Mansion that I have in mind.

Twilight_Roxas

Still hoping Lana Parilla does the voice of the Ghost Host for both Haunted Mansion & Haunted Mansion Holidays unless you have plans to turn the Haunted Mansion into a walkthrough maze for the Halloween event.

spacemt354

Chili's
In honor of the holiday season drawing nearer and nearer, as well as the soon-to-be-completed final draft, I would like to confront you all with a fun little question. What would you like to see in this final draft?

True, I've asked this before, true, I'm getting closer and closer to completing the draft (finally), but the question is, what would you like to see? Are there any certain attractions, shops, or restaurants? Any holiday overlays or rare characters? Anything special that would make this your dream resort? I'm going to tag those of you who have followed this thread around for awhile just to get some quick feedback. Here are the lands (with sub-lands) to see your input. It has been a while, so remember, this is the largest Magic Kingdom in the world. This park is meant to be a multi-day, multi-stay experience. You may also notice some significant changes from the original draft.

Eliasburg, U.S.A.
- Town Square
- Main Street
- Center Street (East & West)
- Blue Moon Boulevard

Hollywoodland
- Hollywood Boulevard
- Sunset Boulevard
- Toontown

Adventureland
- Paradise Springs
- Pirate's Cove
- Arabian Marketplace

Westernland
- Buzzard Butte
- Port of Orleans
- Critter Country
- Glacier Ridge

The Badlands
- No Sub-Lands

Fantasyland
- Castle Town
- Enchanted Forest
- Belle's Village
- Wonderland
- Dumbo's Circus

Tomorrowland

Discoveryland
- Starport 55
- Marvel City
- Mos Eisley Spaceport
- Monstropolis
- Discovery Bay

There will also be a ninth and tenth land... I'm just not sure what exactly those will be just yet. I've clearly removed Pixar Place from the final product, merely for the sake of keeping "Land" in the title of every area. I am open to any suggestions.

@spacemt354, @DlpPhantom, @Twilight_Roxas, @S.P.E.W, @IAmNotAHufflepuff, @FigmentPigments, @DisneyManOne.
I have been meaning to respond for a while, but I admittedly got sidetracked and hadn't been reading along in a month or two, so I had to find the time to go back and review because there is so much in this project! I wouldn't be too much help or have anything to constructively say if I didn't know what was going on.

Anyway here are some thoughts

- I love the ambition of this type of project. With the ambition, the first thing I thought about was how to make this into a park if it's essentially 1,000 acres

Maybe taking a page out of the Industrial park concept for Epcot?
z9XMCGZ.png

While it can and should probably be a little bit of a variation over this...keeping similar themes chunked together and having a transportation peoplemover/monorail connecting all the lands would provide easy transportation for guests to explore all of the lands without walking 1,000 acres. Maybe something to help the design

And if you want my honest opinion on the lands, I love every land until Tomorrowland and Discoveryland.

Tomorrowland

To me there's something off about having a Wonders of History Pavilion in "Tomorrow"land. Maybe it's because I haven't seen what's inside of it, but perhaps I'd change the name of the land as a whole? Because it seems much more Future World (just based on the pavilion titles) than it is Tomorrowland.

Discoveryland
- Starport 55
- Marvel City
- Mos Eisley Spaceport
- Monstropolis
- Discovery Bay

My suggestion would be to break this up a bit. Marvel, Star Wars, and Pixar to me are separate lands. It would be a hodgepodge all together (see Disneyland's Tomorrowland:p:eek:) You said you wanted a 9th and 10th land, I'd go as far as to have 11 lands.

Have Marvel City, Mos Eisley Spaceport, and Pixar be their own lands. That way you're not limited to a ride or two for each. You can completely flesh them out and have a field day with them. And also, that way Starport 55 and Discovery Bay seem like themes that can blend together for a cohesive "Discoveryland"

Nevertheless, after all of this -- it's "your" dream disney resort - so you should do what "you" want in the end, but hopefully that helps a bit for suggestions!:)

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
All good points! Ironically, Tomorrowland and Discoveryland are the two I'm most unhappy with, so I may very well be implementing said suggestions to their final design. If anything, these are the two lands that are holding the final draft back! Haha. I really don't want to create a land dedicated solely to Pixar, but, if worse comes to worse, it's going to happen. I want to include Monstropolis and in hindsight, it wouldn't make much sense in either Tomorrowland or Discoveryland. Womp, womp, womp.

I do plan on having interconnected transport between each land! I probably won't have one set vehicle that transports guests around the entire park - see Disneyland Railroad - but I will have certain lands connected. For instance, the Red Car connects Eliasburg and Hollywoodland, the Western River Railroad connects Adventureland and Westernland, a PeopleMover connects Tomorrowland and Discoveryland, etc. Walking will be a necessity, but not to explore the entire park. Maybe even waterborne transport can factor in somewhere... We will see. As I go along, I keep figuring out new ways to enhance the theme park experience, so I'm sure something will come up.

Well, the reason for Tomorrowland being more like Future World is the sense that Discoveryland, or Starport 55 revolves around science-fiction and fantasy, what most of the world's Tomorrowland concepts focus on. As a huge fan of the original Epcot, I wanted to bring back that edutainment theme from Future World (i.e. Future World 1993) for my park. I could always evaporate the pavilions and spread the attractions around the land which, in hindsight, would make it an actual "land" and not world, or I could figure out some other way to incorporate the classic Future World vibe.

The Wonders of History was to feature a time travel E-Ticket revolving around dinosaurs (better than DINOSAUR of DAK, obviously), and a Spaceship Earth-esque dark ride. My park will include a dinosaur-centric attraction, that's for sure.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I feel like switching Sci fi city and tomorrowland wouldn't be a bad idea then have a more steam punk future world and a Sci fi based tomorrowland.

Hmm, an interesting concept. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're suggesting the typical Tomorrowland (a la Magic Kingdom) and then a steam punk Future World as its own land?

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Well, if anything, Discoveryland will just revert back to being Discovery Bay, possibly featuring a time-traveling dark ride and something else reminiscent of Future World, perhaps Journey Into Imagination.

I'd say Tomorrowland would be a solid mix of the Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland, Tomorrowland 2055, and Shanghai's Tomorrowland. Literally, just picture Futurama as a land in a Disney Park. Lol.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I'm probably not going to go heavy with scare zones for the Halloween event, let alone scare zones based off of third-party sources. If anything, Adventureland, Eliasburg, Westernland and Marvel City will receive the most in terms of Halloween-related decor, while every land, with the exception of Tomorrowland and Mos Eisley Spaceport will receive near-complete Christmas makeovers.

Twilight_Roxas

Something Wicked This Way Comes is own by Disney along with the upcoming remake. So it could be a maze with Mr.Dark, and his collection of Freaks & Oddities could jumpscare guest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom