Merchandise discount now available with quick service dining throughout the Walt Disney World parks

bhg469

Wow... They just keep fighting the obvious... Discount rooms or park tickets to resort guests. Its simple, its a win win. I don't need a $15 coffee mug, or a lame t shirt. I need a reason to stay on site other than Disney magic which doesn't pay my bills.

FerretAfros

DLR had a similar merchandise discount scheme running circa 2009-ish. From what I remember, they printed the discounts on the receipts all day, despite the discount only running until 1pm, so I would assume you could take it to another park to use on a different day. Perhaps this is supposed to be an incentive to extend your visit, but that seems unlikely with all the out-of-town visitors in WDW

It seemed pretty desperate when DLR did it ~5 years ago, and it seems just as desperate now with WDW

WDF

They do this all the time. It's just a way to get people into the stores and buying before 1pm.

It usually runs for about a six week period each season.

It is on every receipt from the specified restaurants and can be used at any specified store on any date before the expiration date...and before 1pm.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It typically takes place a couple of times a year. Spring, Summer and sometimes fall. A good deal for those who are planning to buy merchandise, and one that they may well not know about.

They offered it last June while I was there at the new main street Starbucks. I was planning on buying some items anyways so why not use it with the 20% discount. Plus I received it at like 12:30 and got to the store asked the manager and he said as long as I was buying it within the next hour or so he would honor the coupon.

TheRabbit

I wonder if there is any way they could do the discount without using a foot of receipt paper. lol Disney is so big on environment and paper waste but yet the extra paper they use for this discount is rediculous.

kma71677

I wonder if there is any way they could do the discount without using a foot of receipt paper. lol Disney is so big on environment and paper waste but yet the extra paper they use for this discount is rediculous.

You're worried about this and not the miles of paper towels still used in all the restrooms? Dyson airblades would be an awesome replacement for all those paper towel dispensers!

TheRabbit

You're worried about this and not the miles of paper towels still used in all the restrooms? Dyson airblades would be an awesome replacement for all those paper towel dispensers!
Your right, but I was just commenting on the additional waste with a discount that could be done a different way. The paper towel is there, always been. This is something they ADD a couple times a year...added waste.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Your right, but I was just commenting on the additional waste with a discount that could be done a different way. The paper towel is there, always been. This is something they ADD a couple times a year...added waste.

If only there was some way for Disney to get rid of the paper coupon for guests and do this electronically... :cool:

I'm really surprised that this wasn't tied to the MagicBands. A limited time frame to deal with, and limited in scope as far as restaurants go. To me, that's a no-brainer. But then again, my brain doesn't think like Disney management "brains" do.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry to change thread topics, but they're not eliminating the towels completely though right? The airblades are low capacity (1 person has to stand in front of it for 10 seconds, rather than take paper towels and go) and they're obnoxiously loud. I prefer the paper towels.
They have both

cw1982

If only there was some way for Disney to get rid of the paper coupon for guests and do this electronically... :cool:

I'm really surprised that this wasn't tied to the MagicBands. A limited time frame to deal with, and limited in scope as far as restaurants go. To me, that's a no-brainer. But then again, my brain doesn't think like Disney management "brains" do.

It would be cool if they could do this, but not everyone uses their magic bands to buy food, and getting a receipt from one of those food places is how you get the discount on merchandise. Maybe they could work it so that people who do use their magic bands to charge their food purchases could be notified that they have a discount waiting for them, but then they wouldn't have a list of all the places they could use the discount (it's not all of the shops, just certain ones). Still a neat idea though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom