Merchandise discount at Disney Springs now available with coupon from theme park dining

deeevo

I was wondering if having high end retail stores at DS would cause an issue. I would say 80% of the people going on vacation save for over a year or more and have very little disposable spending money when visiting. Most all have some kind of budget for souvenirs and it is really just t-shirt and hats . Also I don't think the new retail stores are offering Passholder discounts and I think that has most of the locals just decide to buy the same thing at Florida Mall for cheaper. The wife and I were in Vera Bradley a few weeks ago and I was buying her a backpack and they did not offer a Passholder discount. I was kind of shocked.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hmm, are they having trouble getting guests to go to Disney Springs and spend money?
Town Center is doing fantastically well, the Disney operated stores in the Marketplace are struggling a little. This discount only applies to those locations.

Rteetz

Town Center is doing fantastically well, the Disney operated stores in the Marketplace are struggling a little.
Would this have to do with the change in the bus stop? People don't want to walk over there? I actually find this surprising because everything I have heard and believed is the disney operated stores were doing fine but the high end town center stores were not.

Cmdr_Crimson

Hmm, are they having trouble getting guests to go to Disney Springs and spend money?

With store names like this I think it's a good reason why No one is buying anything at Disney Springs...
ls.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Would this have to do with the change in the bus stop? People don't want to walk over there? I actually find this surprising because everything I have heard and believed is the disney operated stores were doing fine but the high end town center stores were not.
Nope, other way around.

And yes, bus stop is part of that.

Rteetz

Nope, other way around.

And yes, bus stop is part of that.
Interesting. Thanks.

As a consumer I could care less about most of the stores except the disney ones. I love the co-op for example and always go check out world of disney. The only new stores that interest me is the Coke store and Uniqlo.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
With store names like this I think it's a good reason why No one is buying anything at Disney Springs...
ls.jpg
I was at Disney Springs multiple days over the past couple of weeks. Weekends are crazy crowded. Weeknights were busy. At no time were there a level if crowds that would lead me to believe there is a risk of failure.

Some stores are not going to make it. My first prediction is the Coke store. I just dont see people beating down there doors to by stuff with their brand on it.

Plenty of people buying. Alot of international travelers buying significant amounts. I was staying offsite and it was a steady stream of arms full of bags. Some from Disney Springs stores.

wdwfan22

I find it hard to believe the Disney operated stores are struggling, every time I've been to Disney springs (and this is a couple of times a month) the only stores that you see people buying stuff in is on the marketplace side. Some of the stores on the other end including those by the bus stop are like a ghost town.

Cmdr_Crimson

I find it hard to believe the Disney operated stores are struggling, every time I've been to Disney springs (and this is a couple of times a month) the only stores that you see people buying stuff in is on the marketplace side. Some of the stores on the other end including those by the bus stop are like a ghost town.

My guess is since most Disney Merch can be purchased in the parks (with the exception of exclusive park only Merch) your going to find the same stuff over there at Disney Springs that is if they don't have the size shirt or item at the park and the WoD is the only other place to get it..I had a situation like this on my last trip...Couldn't find the shirt at MK had to go to WoD to find it..

Innkeeper's Club

This past August when I was at Disney Springs I don't remember seeing a lot of people in the Town Center stores with the exception of the Coca Cola store. However on the Marketplace side stores like the World of Disney were busy like they usually are.

trampdog

Well many of the chain stores that are in the Town Center are the highest performing stores in the portfolio. So I would say people are buying a lot in Disney Springs, specifically the Town Center.

And how did you come by this "wealth" of information? Did you go to each store manager and collect their sales for the day? Did you connect to each chains POS system and download daily sales by store?

Private stores are under NO obligation to share their sales data with Disney or anyone. So, you have no idea if they are doing well. Please do not speculate. You end up sounding like the MSM.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
And how did you come by this "wealth" of information? Did you go to each store manager and collect their sales for the day? Did you connect to each chains POS system and download daily sales by store?

Private stores are under NO obligation to share their sales data with Disney or anyone. So, you have no idea if they are doing well. Please do not speculate. You end up sounding like the MSM.
IMG_0136.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom