1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Menus for BOG

Discussion in 'Fantasyland Expansion' started by cslafferty, Aug 17, 2012.

1. cslafferty

cslafferty Well-Known Member

J03Y, lilclerk and Oddysey like this.
  2. sshindel

sshindel (veggie x 2) + (fruit x 2) = Life Premium Member

It all looks good to me. I'm wondering what my ultra picky pre-schooler is going to eat, when she basically eats only things that start in "Chicken" and end in either "Nuggets" or "Fingers". I guess maybe she'll just have to have a snack before heading in. I know that she's not eating a thing on that kids menu. That is of course if we can fight the good fight and get ADRs anyway.

3. maryszhi

maryszhi Well-Known Member

when you make the reservation, ask if they can accommodate the request of chicken nuggets and fries. they almost always can as long as it is something they have on property.

4. sshindel

Thank you, I had not thought of that. I'm torn between trying to accommodate my ultra-picky eater, and making her try something new. Maybe just by the nature of being in the "castle", she'll be willing to go for something new.
    First things first, getting ADRs.

5. Hoop Raeb

Hoop Raeb Formerly known as...

Interesting that I'm more interested in their lunch counter service offerings over the dinner menu. It's going to be a great addition.

lilclerk and spectromagic04 like this.
  6. aladdin2007

aladdin2007 Well-Known Member

I agree actually. Cant wait to see all the prices though, will be interesting. But was it really wise to have something called Ratatouille on the menu???

7. James

James You blew it Premium Member

Same here! Lunch sounds great to me. Dinner… not so much. But I can't wait to try the place out.

Hulacat likes this.
  8. aladdin2007

aladdin2007 Well-Known Member

reservations are only required for dinner right?

9. Kevin_W

Kevin_W Active Member

Yes, only reservations for dinner.

Both menus sound quite good to me!

10. docnabox

docnabox Active Member

No doubt that this will be a big hit and tough to get into for a long time. I will be on the phone as soon as they start taking reservations to try to get a spot for my nurse who I am sending down with her family for their first ever trip in November. She has said that this is a MUST for her kids.

However, and maybe it is just me, but I think the menu for dinner is a little uninspired and yet a little froo-froo at the same time. I know menu selection at WDW restaurants has diminished with the DDP but it seems a little limited. I always figured it might be hard to find the right balance but I am not sure they hit the mark.

I am especially surprised about the dessert selection. This is a French restaurant and the French make amazing desserts and all they offer are cupcakes and cream puffs? I am sure they will be quite tasty but I would have expected something more.

And before anyone goes off about me being negative before it has even opened or before I have even tried it etc., just don't. I am just posting my thoughts like everyone else - not real criticisms just observations at first glance.

lilclerk and Bolna like this.
  11. AquaDuck

AquaDuck Well-Known Member

Yummy. Can't wait to try out the strip steak.

12. cslafferty

cslafferty Well-Known Member Original Poster

I'm thinking that this might just be sort of a "starter" menu, because I, too, thought the menu was slightly lacking in the amount of choices and . . . how should I put it . . . pizzazz. Maybe once they've been operating for a little while, have worked out all the "kinks", and have gotten some feedback, they'll expand the menu. Just my thoughts.

docnabox likes this.
  13. Bolna

Bolna Well-Known Member

I agree with regard to the dessert selection: cupcakes as desserts in a French restaurant while at the same time nearly every table service restaurant on property serves creme brûlée, the classic French dessert?? Strange... :confused:

The other thing I noticed is that it says that all entrees include a dessert - how does that fit with the healthier eating initiative that Disney has otherwise? What is the point of making all buns wheat buns (I actually like those, but I have read many complaints) at the CS places and then make everyone order dessert at the BoG restaurant?

docnabox likes this.
  14. lilclerk

lilclerk Well-Known Member

I'm just excited for french onion soup at a QS restaurant.

15. wsmith1978

wsmith1978 Well-Known Member

The lunch menu looks great!

16. wiigirl

wiigirl Well-Known Member

I agree....the lunch menu looks great! :)
    [​IMG]

17. sshindel

I'm planning on trying both on the next trip. Looking forward to a lunch and a dinner there!

18. RSoxNo1

RSoxNo1 Well-Known Member

I'm somewhat underwhelmed by the menu to be honest. I don't know what I was expecting though and still plan on trying the strip steak when I'm there.

19. ChrisM

ChrisM Well-Known Member

I can't say the lunch menu looks like anything extraordinary. I think it looks roughly like Panera or Corner Bakery. A definite improvement over most of the slop they serve up around the MK, but I'm not exactly looking at the place as some sort of dining destination.

Sort of a "hey, I'm totally jazzed that this place might not totally suck ***!"

20. sshindel

Agree totally here, but when the choice is either burgers, chicken fingers, taco salad, or these, I'm glad to have this option. Nothing at WDW at all is going to be something I cant get better, cheaper at home, but the MK is notoriously bad at having food options. It's nice to not have to eat another round of burgers for a change.