Memory Maker

SAV

It depends what you want out of it. Do you normally stop and take lots of pictures? Do you normally buy on-ride photos? Do you prefer your own shots to those of a Photopass photographer? Do you do Magic shots?

Only you can answer if it is worth it to you.

For us it is not.

BethG

I agree that is is completely subjective.

I have purchased it (or some incarnation) on every trip. There are always several pictures that I love. We get so many pictures.

Chezman1399

We never purchased it until the last two trips because I thought it was a waste. We always brought our own camera, but now I'm actually in the pictures and I'm not always digging in my pockets to pull a camera out, or always holding a camera. Plus they give you additional popular photos based on where you get your pictures taken. Not sure I could ever go without it now.

DisneyKingDude

Original Poster
We never purchased it until the last two trips because I thought it was a waste. We always brought our own camera, but now I'm actually in the pictures and I'm not always digging in my pockets to pull a camera out, or always holding a camera. Plus they give you additional popular photos based on where you get your pictures taken. Not sure I could ever go without it now.

Thanks for the feedback!!

erasure fan1

Is the Memory Maker adder worth it?
Personally I think the value isn't that great. The times that we do use it are when we go with a group and then we split it between the families. Like others have said, it will be different for different people. I personally don't think there are enough photopass places throughout the property so we end up with a ton of our own photos anyway. Since I have my camera anyway, I always give it to a cast member and they take a family shot when needed. I find that the majority of the photos I take end up being better than the photopass shots anyway. The one big plus for memory maker is the on-ride photos. If you want a photo on all the major attractions, its worth it right there. If it is a first trip then it can be worth it as well because you don't want to miss anything.

Doug Means

Ive used photo Pass + the last 2 trips I've been on and absolutely loved it. got every ride pic we did and stopped and did pics all over without having to worry about carrying my good camera...you can still use yours when you doing stuff too. we got way more great pics for the money. we would have never got ALL our ride pics in the past but got them all. But i agree with what some other say...if you don't want to stop and take pics a lot it may not be worth it, but we do.

dreamfinder

Really depends on your touring style, and how many pictures you want. If you only want one or two group shots, and that's it, then its probably not worth it for you. However if most of your vacation pictures are missing a family member, or are shot selfie style, then you may benefit. If you do characters and want more than just the "Everyone smile" shot, then you would benefit. If you don't want to be juggling camera, autograph books, jackets, bags, stroller, etc then it may be of benefit. If you don't mind stopping multiple times to get different photographers take on a picture, then you may benefit. If you want ride photos/video, then definitely yes.

Yes, they will all use your camera if you ask. However, it tends to be the form of 3-5 with their camera, and then one with yours. At character greetings, they are ready to grab that shot of someone running up and giving Mickey a hug, while you may still be in line with no good shot. If you want night pictures (especially around the holiday time with the lights) then their pictures will almost guarantee come out better exposed unless you are schlepping a tripod with you. I think the breakeven is still in the neighborhood of 7-8 pictures. If you only want one castle shot, then its not going to be worth it. But I load a few hundred pictures onto a digital photo frame after every trip, so I find it to be worthwhile.

UncleMike101

It's worth it to me.
Since I was the designated photographer I'd spend a bunch of time composing and taking pics.
With MM I get to relax and actually appear in the photos and I don't have to lug an SLR all over The World.

JasonP

I am not sure. It seems worth it, we are currently down here and using it but every time I try to download a photo it tells me it's 14.95. If I have to buy each photo.... It's not worth it.

UncleMike101

I am not sure. It seems worth it, we are currently down here and using it but every time I try to download a photo it tells me it's 14.95. If I have to buy each photo.... It's not worth it.
If the system wants you to pay for the pics you're not getting MM.
Memory Maker is a one price for everything service.
Unlimited photos.
Unlimited downloads until the expiration date of the purchase contract.
Here's the link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/memory-maker/

JasonP

That's what I thought! My package says MM included! I am going to try the link you included, somethings amiss!

totaldisneygirl

We got it this past summer when there was a deal on it! It was fun! We got lots of great pictures out of it :) I don't think I would get it if it wasn't included in my package or if it wasn't discounted though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom