Memory Maker worth it?

MonstersUGrad

Original Poster
Been to WDW numerous times but have never invested in the Memory Maker package. Heading down in September and am considering purchasing it.. Is it worth it? I'd assume yes, but being I'm not familiar with it, just looking for a general consensus.

DVCPluto

If it's a longer trip and/or a special occasion of some sort, then I think it's worth it.

Depends how often you want to stop and get your picture taken or if you'll be riding certain rides and meeting lots of characters.

I would look at what is included and see if you'll be doing most of those things (dining, rides, m&g, etc.)

MonstersUGrad

Original Poster
If it's a longer trip and/or a special occasion of some sort, then I think it's worth it.

Depends how often you want to stop and get your picture taken or if you'll be riding certain rides and meeting lots of characters.

I would look at what is included and see if you'll be doing most of those things (dining, rides, m&g, etc.)

Good point. We'll be there 6 days and we tend to rack up pictures without even realizing it, which is why we think it might make sense.

BrianV

We've never purchased either, so I cannot say if it is worth it. However, the CM will usually take a picture with your camera too, as you've probably seen. So for me it is mostly a matter of on-ride pictures. Fun, but never actually paid for them either. I think if I ever did one of the races it would be worth it as you can get character pictures along the way.

Zipadeelady

We are going in July, this is our 5th trip but our first time with Memory Maker. We bought it because our kids are older now and I know we will not be together all of the time and I want lots of pictures of every ones experiences. On our last trip we didn't take very many pictures and looking back it bothers me so this time I'm having someone else take the pictures. :) Also I'm looking forward to all the ride photos and characters photos.

dreamfinder

It really depends on your touring style. Do you do the rides that include pictures? Do you do M&G's? Do you like getting new pictures in front of the castle each trip? Do you not mind stopping and spending a few minutes to get another picture taken? If yes, then it may be worth it. If you don't want to stop, or only want one castle picture then it may not be worth it. I think the breakeven is still around 11 pictures or so. If you would want less prints or downloads, then probably not worth it. If you want prints, or want to load a bunch of pictures onto a digital picture frame, then it's probably worth it.

nickid

We got it for a 7 day trip in December and thought it was well worth the cost. We did a lot of things that were included - character meals, rides, meet and greets and the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. It was great that the video of my goddaughters first roller coaster ride on 7 dwarfs was included. We ended up with a ton of pictures and some that were priceless.

pluto77

I've done it a couple times. Most recently, we did it when we took my mother-in-law and father-in-law for the first time on a 7 day trip. I feel like this past trip had a lot more photographers out in different areas than times before. I wonder if it is becoming more popular or just being marketed more with the magic bands. I think it was worth it. Most of them are good quality photos, and they take several pictures from different angles each time so you can pick out which one you like best. They also do magic shots where they may have you pose a certain way and a character will show up in your photo. We didn't even do many meet and greets this time and felt like it was worth it. Getting all the ride pictures is also a huge plus.

MickeyMomV

Like others have said, for us it comes down to length of stay. We can justify it on a 7-10 day trip as you are looking about $15-$20 per day. On a 3-4 day trip you are looking at $40-$50 per day and we say no way. I bet if Disney bumped the price per night on resort stays/packages by $5-$10 per night and included the MM they would make a killing!! People that always get it would save a little and people that never used to get it would be able to use it. Obviously they would still offer it a-la-cart for people off site.

YozhikRoth

When I went in February, Disney sent me a 50% off promo for the MM, and I had no complaints about the quality of the photographs. It was good not to schlep my camera backpack around (though there's no substitute when shooting fireworks). Sometimes the CM's need to be directed properly. Also, it gave my kids carte blanche to take as many silly ride photos as their hearts desired.

Samoht

We've gotten memory maker on our last 2 trips to DW and I personally think it's worth the money. It's a bummer the hard copy pictures from character meals aren't included anymore but it's still great to be able to get every ride picture since we hardly ever buy them. If you're anything like us, you'll be having your picture taken a lot more!

ThemeParkJunkee

Without standing in a single line for a photographer, we got 138 very good pictures. We had a rule that we would only get the ride photos an pose for pics if there was no line. We did one M&G with a FP+. I felt it was worth it.

bethymouse

It was worth it at least one time. We're not doing it this time though. We may regret it, but the photographers do use your cell phone to take pictures. The ride pictures and being able to add extras like Tinker Bell and such is a nice touch. We stopped a lot, and did a lot of meet n greets last time to get our money's worth.;)

Scoppin

Going to WDW for the first time with my kids, 8 & 10, this September. We generally take a lot of pictures where ever we go. However the biggest draw back is that I am usually not in the pictures. One of the drawbacks of being a single parent. MM has been suggested and thinking of taking the offer. it would be even better if WDW came back and offered a discount. Always looking for a deal.

smbarr

We love having it! The pictures are so cute and it's really the only opportunity we have of having pictures of the two of us together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom