memory maker question

maria143

Original Poster
i have purchased memory maker do we use our entrence cards for the photographers or is there a special one issued
thankyou

RAXIP

There are lots of ways to add PhotoPass pictures to your account. You can use your park ticket (or Annual Pass), a MagicBand, a MemoryMarker card, a regular PhotoPass card or even a QR code in the My Disney Experts app on your phone. They all work the same.

thomas998

There are lots of ways to add PhotoPass pictures to your account. You can use your park ticket (or Annual Pass), a MagicBand, a MemoryMarker card, a regular PhotoPass card or even a QR code in the My Disney Experts app on your phone. They all work the same.
Easiest and best way is the magic band, that way you won't have to stop at the photobooth after a ride to have your photo added it will just be there.

RScottyL

So does something "read" you magic band and know when you're on a ride?

Yes, the magic band uses RFID technology!

RF technology has been in use at Walt Disney World Resort for many years, such as in ride and parade control float systems and laundry and costuming services. MagicBands and RF cards also use this technology to allow you to touch to enter your Disney Resort hotel room and the Walt Disney World parks (valid park admission required), make purchases at select locations, and access the FastPass+ attractions and shows you’ve selected. We continue to expand ways to use this common technology to create new and amazing Guest experiences and enhanced Guest service.

From http://www.wired.com/2015/03/disney-magicband/ :

The MagicBands look like simple, stylish rubber wristbands offered in cheery shades of grey, blue, green, pink, yellow, orange and red. Inside each is an RFID chip and a radio like those in a 2.4-GHz cordless phone. The wristband has enough battery to last two years. It may look unpretentious, but the band connects you to a vast and powerful system of sensors within the park.

Last edited:

Jahona

So does something "read" you magic band and know when you're on a ride?

When you get off the ride as you exit there will be monitors up with a MagicBand scanner below them. You scan the one that you want.

Some rides like 7 Dwarfs Mine train will automatically know that you are on the ride and link them to your account. There are only a few that do this.

thomas998

When you get off the ride as you exit there will be monitors up with a MagicBand scanner below them. You scan the one that you want.

Some rides like 7 Dwarfs Mine train will automatically know that you are on the ride and link them to your account. There are only a few that do this.
Are you sure you have to scan your band on anything? I know we never bothered to scan our bands anytime last trip because we never really cared if we got a ride photo or not but at the end of the trip we had ride photos from all the rides we did on the rides with photo ops. I think it is completely automatic.

Jahona

Are you sure you have to scan your band on anything? I know we never bothered to scan our bands anytime last trip because we never really cared if we got a ride photo or not but at the end of the trip we had ride photos from all the rides we did on the rides with photo ops. I think it is completely automatic.

When I was there this past July I just habitually scanned my band when I saw the kiosk at the ride exit. I didn't think that they fully automated all of the on ride cameras.

thomas998

When I was there this past July I just habitually scanned my band when I saw the kiosk at the ride exit. I didn't think that they fully automated all of the on ride cameras.

Our last trip was fall of 2014 and we never scanned at the kiosk... So I hope you didn't have to wait in line to scan because I don't think you really needed to.

CaptainAmerica

Depends on the ride. Dwarves is fully automatic.

Rob562

Doesn't hurt to tap the Band to the reader anyway, if you're thinking about it. Worst thing that'll happen is the pic will show up on your account twice.

- Rob

DizneyPryncess

We tapped our band after riding Splash Mountain and it was added. 7DMR was automatically added, along with a little video of our ride each time we rode it. Pretty cool technology!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom