Memory Maker Package in MDE

BigChris77

Original Poster
Hi all,

Loooooong time lurker, first time poster. You're pretty much the only worthy port of call when it comes to Mouse-based info, but I can't easily find anything to answer the question..

T'other half and I are off to celebrate my forti--... thirtieth birthday next April, and have booked a cracker of a package through Disney, staying at POR. Couldn't get anywhere near the price anywhere else.. Was dead impressed. But I digress. It came with free* dining, and memory maker. I've linked my reservation to MDE, and everything is there, along with all my ADRs, BUT it doesn't show the memory maker. It does prompt me to link one, or buy one, or just generally think about one, but I don't seem to be able to tell it I've already got it.

Is this one of those things that just doesn't show up until I'm checked in and it's active? Or one of those other things where I need to navigate the labyrinthine maze of options on the phone to Disney?

Or one of those *other* things where the right chants need to be said to the right person at the right time, when the moon is rising in Aquarius......

Feel free to point out where/how I'm being an idiot.

Ta ever so,

Chris

*before people point out it's not free, I know, I know, but the price difference between that and the cheapest room only rate was so negligible as to not count. I'm quite... vigorous when it comes to getting a deal..

BigChris77

Original Poster
For me, I just went to MyDisneyPhotoPass.com and linked it there. Did you get a Memory Maker code or number?

Hiya,

Gave that a whirl using the 'Link Package' option , and it then tells me that my confirmation number is already linked to a reservation by me, and I have to speak to me to get it sorted.

I don't have a specific Memory Maker code, just my package confirmation number..

DisneyJoe

Do you have any type of confirmation that you have Memory Maker as part of your package? from your confirmation at purchase? Did you call Disney and ask about it?

officialtom

I bought mine over the phone last week because I had questions about it. The CM had me link it using a memory maker code that he gave to me over the phone. It didn't show up in MDE automatically.

BigChris77

Original Poster
Do you have any type of confirmation that you have Memory Maker as part of your package? from your confirmation at purchase? Did you call Disney and ask about it?

I do, yes. In MDE, it shows my tickets as being '14 day Ultimate Ticket with Memory Maker', and on my email confirmation it says the same..

I bought mine over the phone last week because I had questions about it. The CM had me link it using a memory maker code that he gave to me over the phone. It didn't show up in MDE automatically.

What I'm taking from this is "Get on the phone to Disney and let them sort it..."

*Girds self, picks up phone, prepares to mash forehead on keypad*

officialtom

T'other half and I are off to celebrate my forti--... thirtieth birthday next April, and have booked a cracker of a package through Disney, staying at POR. Couldn't get anywhere near the price anywhere else.. Was dead impressed.

Can I ask what special offer you used? I've been trying with zero luck to get into POR or POFQ from Feb 27-March 10 under the Play Stay & Dine and Give the Gift of Magic offers. Also got a PIN code, but no luck with it either. Nothing available other than a Royal Room at POR, which is $1,200 more than what a regular room would cost.

BigChris77

Original Poster
Can I ask what special offer you used? I've been trying with zero luck to get into POR or POFQ from Feb 27-March 10 under the Play Stay & Dine and Give the Gift of Magic offers. Also got a PIN code, but no luck with it either. Nothing available other than a Royal Room at POR, which is $1,200 more than what a regular room would cost.

Hi Tom,

I booked it from the disneyholidays.co.uk site, it was advertising the free dining, but after a bit of faffing about with dates (and the help of a spreadsheet to keep track of it all), I ended up snagging a King room at POR for about £8 a night more than the room at CSR we were originally looking at.. No special codes, just a bit of luck I think...?

officialtom

Hi Tom,

I booked it from the disneyholidays.co.uk site, it was advertising the free dining, but after a bit of faffing about with dates (and the help of a spreadsheet to keep track of it all), I ended up snagging a King room at POR for about £8 a night more than the room at CSR we were originally looking at.. No special codes, just a bit of luck I think...?

Sounds like a bit of luck for sure! Or a bit of magic?! Keeping my fingers crossed something will free up.

BigChris77

Original Poster
Sounds like a bit of luck for sure! Or a bit of magic?! Keeping my fingers crossed something will free up.

I was looking for weeks beforehand when I decided to start searching the days before and after. I changed my travel day to be about a week later, and the prices changed considerably. Got to be worth a try. Hope you find your bit of magic!

BigChris77

Original Poster
Okay, so the official answer is, if it's bundled with a ticket and is free, then ain't no way you can link it in MDE. It'll be activated when you're in resort..

Just in case anyone else is looking for the answer.

BigChris77

Original Poster
You beat me too it - it was packaged with UK ticket package and never showed and when I turned up on site the photos just started coming through

Glad to hear it just worked.. One of the things I'm keen on seeing this trip is how the tech all integrates - I've not been since the magicbands launched, so I want to see how it all works!

md0u80a2

if working as it should (and has for me) you probably wont notice - our kids were really confused at a hotel with room keys recently!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom