Memory maker for dummies

Laurichi

Ok so it's about two weeks to go now (a bit more) and we are so excited!
There's like a million things i feel unsure about .... but one of them is Memory >Maker

I purchased it online... but I still don't really know how it works....
Once a CM takes my picture what do i have to do??

Thanks i'm sorry I'm so dumb about this!

Weather_Lady

The photographers will scan your MagicBand when they take your picture, and the picture will show up in your online account. (When we tried it, we had our MemoryMaker confirmation number linked to our MyDisneyExperience account, and there was a link we could just click on to see our photos.) You'll be able to download your MemoryMaker photos for a certain period and do whatever you like with them.

For on-ride photos (at least, a year ago when I was last there -- somebody please let us know if the process has changed and if it's automatic now), you have to stop and jot down (or memorize) the number assigned to your photo at the viewing area, and then proceed to the photo purchase area and ask the CMs to add that photo number to your account. They'll pull it up onscreen so you can verify that it's the right one, and scan your MagicBand to add it.

Upvote 0

Tom 55

We have purchased Memory Maker on the last couple of trips to the World. It is linked to your magic band. Have a picture taken by any CM and it goes into your account. All of the ride pictures are there even Buzz. If you are a couple you get 2 pictures. Go to Story Time With Belle and all the picture taken are loaded there also. When you get home you can copy all the pictures from Disney onto your home computer. They also send you some picture they have taken as an added bonus. This is an example.

Attachments

• Magic-Kingdom-93.jpg
    Magic-Kingdom-93.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 69
Upvote 0

Rob562

So your saying you don't have to go up to the CM at the ride photo's...They just appear .... magically?

As long as you're wearing your MagicBand, yes.

You can also tap your Band to the reader under the video screen at the ride exit just in case the system didn't read your Band correctly. Saves the trouble of going to a CM later on to try and recover a photo you really, really wanted that didn't auto-link. (And even if it did read properly, you'd just end up with the pic in your account twice)

-Rob

Upvote 0

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
If more then one person in your group is wearing a Magic Band on the ride you may be multiple copies of your ride picture in your account as well. I personally like to check my pictures online each evening in case something didn't end up in my account. The faster you catch a mistake the more likely the you missing pictures will be found.

Upvote 0

terry heck

be careful if your getting photo taken at castle , HtH or other wdw place on streets if you get to close to photographer your card will add other people getting photos taken at that time to your memory also

Upvote 0

Laurichi

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!
Ninjaprincesst what do you mean, purchase?Do you mean if i purchase one because i lose mine?

We are 6 so i have our 6 magic bands waiting for us at the hotel.. will they work automatically?
I purchased Memory Maker... will i only be able to see my pictures? what about the rest of my group?

As for pictures taken on rides, will they show up automatically or not ?
Can you give me examples of rides with Memory Maker??

Thanks again!!!!

Upvote 0

cdeev8690

Thanks everyone!
Ninjaprincesst what do you mean, purchase?Do you mean if i purchase one because i lose mine?

We are 6 so i have our 6 magic bands waiting for us at the hotel.. will they work automatically?
I purchased Memory Maker... will i only be able to see my pictures? what about the rest of my group?

As for pictures taken on rides, will they show up automatically or not ?
Can you give me examples of rides with Memory Maker??

Thanks again!!!!

She likely means that your magic band that was sent to you prior to your trip is linked to your account (room, dining, tickets, memory maker). If you purchase a new one without unlinking your current band, it won't work. If you need help linking and unlinking, I would go to a CM or your hotel front desk

Upvote 0

andy773

Some rides that include pictures are Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Splash Mountain, Test Track, Expedition Everest and Dinosaur. I think the only rides that include video are Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Tower of Terror.

If you or anyone in your party (linked through MDE) are wearing the Magic Bands that Disney provides, the pics/videos will appear automatically in your account.

Still worth it to check at the end of each day and make sure every pic/video is there.

Upvote 0

Rob562

be careful if your getting photo taken at castle , HtH or other wdw place on streets if you get to close to photographer your card will add other people getting photos taken at that time to your memory also

Since the photographer's readers are tap-to-read (unlike the long-distance on-ride auto-linking system), and they're attached to the photographer's equipment, you'd have to get *really* close to the reader for your card or Band to be read. (Plus, I think the photographer may have to actually press a button to start the linking process)

If you previously got someone else's photographer-taken photos added to your account, it's possible that the guests whose photos were taken immediately before yours were not scanned to their Band/card and were still in the "buffer" on the photographer's equipment. When the photographer then scans your Band/card after taking your photos, all photos in the "buffer" are then linked to what was just scanned. Thus it would link your photos plus the previous still-unlinked photos in the buffer. It has nothing to do with standing too close.

One word of caution if you purchase a magic band during your trip it will not work for memory maker .

This goes against everything I understand in how the MDE and MagicBand system operates.

All Bands (whether received free as part of a hotel reservation, or those purchased separately) are simply "pointers" to your MDE profile. Whenever the Band is read, the system uses the Band's serial number to look up your account and add the photos to the account it's linked to. Now it's possible if a Band isn't properly linked to a MDE account for it to not link the photos correctly, but if the Band shows up under "My Bands and Cards" in your MDE profile, then any photo linked to said Band should also appear.

-Rob

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

Since the photographer's readers are tap-to-read (unlike the long-distance on-ride auto-linking system), and they're attached to the photographer's equipment, you'd have to get *really* close to the reader for your card or Band to be read. (Plus, I think the photographer may have to actually press a button to start the linking process)

If you previously got someone else's photographer-taken photos added to your account, it's possible that the guests whose photos were taken immediately before yours were not scanned to their Band/card and were still in the "buffer" on the photographer's equipment. When the photographer then scans your Band/card after taking your photos, all photos in the "buffer" are then linked to what was just scanned. Thus it would link your photos plus the previous still-unlinked photos in the buffer. It has nothing to do with standing too close.

This goes against everything I understand in how the MDE and MagicBand system operates.

All Bands (whether received free as part of a hotel reservation, or those purchased separately) are simply "pointers" to your MDE profile. Whenever the Band is read, the system uses the Band's serial number to look up your account and add the photos to the account it's linked to. Now it's possible if a Band isn't properly linked to a MDE account for it to not link the photos correctly, but if the Band shows up under "My Bands and Cards" in your MDE profile, then any photo linked to said Band should also appear.

-Rob

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

They do not. I found out too late that bands purchased and activated in the parks will not work. They seem to scan jst fine with the photopass photographer then when I questioned the missing photos I was informed it was because the band was purchased and activated in the park at the time of purchase. They told me the next trip that band will work for memory maker but not the trip they were purchsed on. They also won't work for charging purchases.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
They do not. I found out too late that bands purchased and activated in the parks will not work. They seem to scan jst fine with the photopass photographer then when I questioned the missing photos I was informed it was because the band was purchased and activated in the park at the time of purchase. They told me the next trip that band will work for memory maker but not the trip they were purchsed on. They also won't work for charging purchases.
We had a similar issue, but the concierge at our resort was able to link the purchased band (after discovering it would no open the room door) and we were able to use it for the rest of the vacation for photos, charging, etc.

Upvote 0

Laurichi

Original Poster
Ok guys so definitely i do not need to do anything to get pictures for the rides? When exactly is the magic band scanned??
Thanks!

Upvote 0

Rob562

Ok guys so definitely i do not need to do anything to get pictures for the rides? When exactly is the magic band scanned??
Thanks!

The Band is scanned while you are physically on the ride, but the point at which it's read is most likely different for every ride due to the nature of the various ride systems and how the engineers were able to find a spot to reliably read the Bands.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom