Memory Maker Confused

MissingDisney

Original Poster
Long time PP+ user but this will be our first trip with MM using the bands. MM is 'assigned' to me and I control my DH and 2 DS FP+, MB orders, etc. on one account. Obviously it will pick me up on rides. Will it pick up my DH and DS if I'm not with them? If a PP photographer scans their bands, is the MM linked to all of us since we're all on one MDE account? I had PP+ down with linking the cards but the more I started reading about this, the more confused I got. To clarify, we're one family, not linking to other friends and families. TIA!

Rob562

Memory Maker is simply the ability to download all of the photos that you, the person MM is linked to, can see. That includes photos scanned to you, plus all photos scanned to your Family & Friends' accounts (assuming their accounts are set to allow you to see their photos).

So short answer, yes you will be able to see and download all photos from your group, whether you're with them or not.

-Rob

DisneyGigi

Yes, if on one package, everyone on that package will show up, whether you are together or not. The photos that do not have you in it may not show up on the MDE app. Our son and his wife seperate photos showed up on Photopass site but not on the app.

FrostyNaples

Yes, if on one package, everyone on that package will show up, whether you are together or not. The photos that do not have you in it may not show up on the MDE app. Our son and his wife seperate photos showed up on Photopass site but not on the app.

"Package" is irrelevant.

MM+ is nothing more than a digital license for unlimited downloads during the designated time period, of any and all photo's appearing in your online account, including those friends and family's linked and shared accordingly.

When you log in, the photo's you see, are the photo's you can download, until MM+ window has expired (and/or the photo's expiration date where applicable)

Info here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/memory-maker/

:cool:

DisneyGigi

"Package" is irrelevant.

MM+ is nothing more than a digital license for unlimited downloads during the designated time period, of any and all photo's appearing in your online account, including those friends and family's linked and shared accordingly.

When you log in, the photo's you see, are the photo's you can download, until MM+ window has expired (and/or the photo's expiration date where applicable)

Info here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/memory-maker/

:cool:
I am aware what Memory Maker is. I use it. Just used it in September and the point I am making is if you are not together, the photos will not show up on MDE. You have to go directly to the photopass site. Not a big deal, especially if you are like me and order the disc anyway. Just a little harder to share quickly while still on vacation because the photos download much faster from the app rather than logging in to the site. :)

FrostyNaples

I am aware what Memory Maker is. I use it. Just used it in September and the point I am making is if you are not together, the photos will not show up on MDE. You have to go directly to the photopass site. Not a big deal, especially if you are like me and order the disc anyway. Just a little harder to share quickly while still on vacation because the photos download much faster from the app rather than logging in to the site. :)

If you are all connected via MDE friends and family, shared photos, etc, you do not need to be together, you do not even need to be in the same park on the same day.

DisneyGigi

If you are all connected via MDE friends and family, shared photos, etc, you do not need to be together, you do not even need to be in the same park on the same day.
We were connected. We were at different parks on some days. The photos of my son and his wife did not even show up on my MDE, which the memory maker was assigned to. Still that way right now. Can't see them at all on MDE, yet they are on photopass.

FrostyNaples

We were connected. We were at different parks on some days. The photos of my son and his wife did not even show up on my MDE, which the memory maker was assigned to. Still that way right now. Can't see them at all on MDE, yet they are on photopass.

Make sure inside everyone MDE account login, the photo's are being shared. If they are not, edit the option to turn it on. If they are, you have a problem, and need to phone Disney to correct. (see attachment as example)

Everyone connected and sharing photo's should be visible to you, and you should be able to download them all for free with your MM+ purchase.

I think by default if memory serves, the photo sharing was off by default. I remember having to manage 5 different logins, and getting them all adjusted.

It worked great, we were not always together, and all the photo's showed up from everyone in one spot.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

MissingDisney

Original Poster
This is where I get confused. My family appears under me in my profile and says 'these are managed by you' but my DH and children do not have their own MDE accounts with their own login ins. I don't see anywhere to change any setting for them. I just want to make sure if they ride without me, we'll still get the photos.

Rob562

This is where I get confused. My family appears under me in my profile and says 'these are managed by you' but my DH and children do not have their own MDE accounts with their own login ins. I don't see anywhere to change any setting for them. I just want to make sure if they ride without me, we'll still get the photos.

You're fine.

And if at some point in the future your husband or kids *do* want to take over control of their own profiles (perhaps so they can log into MDE themselves to change a FP+ or see what restaurant reservations you have scheduled), it's as simply as choosing the link next to their name "invite to connect and plan" (or something like that). Fill in their email and when they accept all of their Bands, reservations, tickets, etc carry over under them.

-Rob

weird

Given that your whole party is managed by your single MDE account, it makes life a lot easier using MM. All pictures taken from a photopass photographer will go to your account automatically, whether you are with them or not. They just have to remember to have their magicbands scanned each time they have their pictures taken.

As for ride videos. I was told by a CM that the primary person linked to MM had to be on the ride also to get it automatically. Although sxeensweet said she was able to get the ride videos automatically, even though she was not on the ride. Which I think is how it should work in the first place. You may want to speak to a CM who is more knowledgeable on MM/PP.

MissingDisney

Original Poster
Thanks so much to all for the responses. I suppose worst case scenario, I have my DH take my MB on a ride with pics/videos if I will not be riding. That should get us everything. I really appreciate everyone's explanation.

FrostyNaples

I was told by a CM that the primary person linked to MM had to be on the ride also to get it automatically. Although sxeensweet said she was able to get the ride videos automatically, even though she was not on the ride. Which I think is how it should work in the first place. You may want to speak to a CM who is more knowledgeable on MM/PP.

This CM was wrong :p - I see a majority of the confusion where guests believe they must have MM+ in order for any photo's to show up.:banghead:
This is simply not true.

If you visit the park without MM+, each and every ride (with capability) that can read your magic band, will upload that image to your account automatically. If you stop and have photo's taken with a CM, and have your magic band scanned, those photo's will upload automatically.

All of these photo's will continue to upload to your accounts, whether or not you even view them online, buy them online, or let them simply expire.

Memory Maker's (MM+) only purpose, is a pre-paid product, so when you do decide to log in and see what you have uploaded, you can download them all for free, instead of paying for each individual photo.

The photo's are getting up there no matter what, MM+ purchase or not. MM+ is simply not related to any ability of the photo's being uploaded to user accounts.

CM's should be fully aware of this by now, this product has been available for over a year :D

MissingDisney

Original Poster
MM is prepurchased and shows on my account. As much as I hate to admit it, I'll probably be checking my phone to see these photos as this is a new thing for us. Usually I waited to see our pics until a week or two after the trip when the depression started setting in. Having instant viewing may be a bad thing for me. :cautious:

Vipraa

When using the app to view photos make sure the filter is set to view all and not only mine. That way your whole party will show up on the app and not just the ones attached to your account. The default is to view only your own photos

image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom