Memory maker and Magic Band?

bsmartin2000

I purchased memory maker and am wondering if it automatically links to my magic band or d0 I have to do something? When getting ride photos do I need to have them loaded like I did when we used a card? 5 day happy dance here!!!!

TB4244

As far as I recall, you get a code which you then enter into your MDE app which should link it.
Ride photos are automatically added to MM. My ToT photo just popped up when I looked at the day's images.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

It should show up on your MDX under "reservations" if you bought it with your package. If you bought the physical card, link it manually.

Space Mountain had a "Mickey Head" touch point for you to add the picture by booping your band. Mine Train was automatic. Those are the only two I've done.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We bought memory maker by following the link through MDE. It linked automatically. Not sure if being logged in was what triggered it or the credit card number.

Upvote 0

midnightsun

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but how does the ride photos get automatically added to my memory maker? Does Disney have face recognition now? I mean, lots of people go through, so how do they know which package to put the picture on?

I understood you have to touch a Mickey head under the ride photo you want otherwise it won't be added.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but how does the ride photos get automatically added to my memory maker? Does Disney have face recognition now? I mean, lots of people go through, so how do they know which package to put the picture on?

I understood you have to touch a Mickey head under the ride photo you want otherwise it won't be added.
The Magic Band has long-range RFID technology. It has a battery and essentially broadcasts a signal that says @midnightsun is going down the Splash Mountain hill riiight NOW! This does not work with the RFID cards, just the bands.

This same technology was in the original plans for NextGen much more extensively (and we may see it integrated more fully in the future). For example, you could be walking down Main Street and your band tells one of the Emporium windows that it's your birthday so the window changes to a marquee that says "Happy Birthday @midnightsun!"

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom