Trip Report Melting! Wilderness Lodge in August

Hi friends!

We left the World a week ago, and spent a few days in St. Pete before getting back home Wednesday. I brought a nice little head cold back with me, so I've been lazy. I got all my pictures edited, so here we gooooooo!

Cast: Me & R (29 & 28)
Resort: Wilderness Lodge, standard view
Dates: August 9-13
Why?: R had a work trip from the 13-16th so we tacked on a WDW trip!

This trip was the first time we hired someone to come house/dog sit instead of taking Chipper to a family member's house. One of my student photographers stayed with him, and it went well (as far as I know...he is still alive and acting normal, so). This was right before we headed out to the airport.

I'm sure he didn't miss me making him take pictures.

We left the house at about 9:30am to head to Memphis. Our flight got delayed a bit. It was good because it gave us time to stop and get gas before we got to the airport (better than getting it when we're anxious to get home on the way back). We took off at 12:55. I was a little worried about making out Flight of Passage FP that evening, but I had my fingers crossed!

Flight was a little bumpy, but thankfully on time. We had our room text when we landed! Woot!

There was almost NO ONE at the Magical Express line, so I was worried there wouldn't be many busses. It took about 20 minutes to get on one and get going, so that's not terrible.

On our way!

We made it!

It rained all the way there, but it stopped by the time we arrived. We got there at 5:30 and headed to the room.

The room was nice enough. It wasn't spectacular, but we liked it! The best part was that we could see the castle from the balcony!

It's itty bitty in the picture, but it was a nice view! Unfortunately, we never got to watch the fireworks from the room. We almost made it the last night, but the bus was too slow (a theme on this trip).

The balcony was so tiny, and there was some kind of a truck bay outside so it was loud. I didn't spend much time out there because of those things and the heat, but it was still a cool view :)

Up next: Will we make FoP?

Songbird76

I just had to say I also giggled at your arm. I'm sorry, I was feeling very bad about laughing but then felt much better after everyone else commented.
Here...another giggle for you, to take the heat off of @sheriffwoody . This one makes me cringe....I was in 8th grade. It looks like my arm is broken or something.

DSCF2262a.JPG

DisneyGigi

Here...another giggle for you, to take the heat off of @sheriffwoody . This one makes me cringe....I was in 8th grade. It looks like my arm is broken or something.

View attachment 224818
I have never met a single person other than my family that is double jointed.. lol, maybe it goes hand and hand with Disney. My son's legs are crazy double jointed too. He used to like to freak his football coaches out by lifting them up and acting like he had broken them. They did not find it as funny as he did lol.

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
I just had to say I also giggled at your arm. I'm sorry, I was feeling very bad about laughing but then felt much better after everyone else commented.
I have never met a single person other than my family that is double jointed.. lol, maybe it goes hand and hand with Disney. My son's legs are crazy double jointed too. He used to like to freak his football coaches out by lifting them up and acting like he had broken them. They did not find it as funny as he did lol.
My fingers are double jointed. I used to get in trouble in school for distracting the other kids with what were normal hand movements to me but looked "gross" to them!

Either we are rare and just all happen to love Disney, or it's not as rare as we all thought. I think it's hilarious that so many of us are bonding over our odd arm and finger joints :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

As someone who loves PB&J sandwiches ... how close is the shake? I've always heard the high praise, but I've never asked what it actually takes like.
It really just tasted like a peanut butter milkshake to me, honestly. It was super good though!

Pics are phenomenal! Enjoying the report
Thanks so much!

Late to the party but getting caught up

I agree that you do not have the best ride photos but your photo pass pics look great and you take amazing pics so in the end you are on the winning side of the ledger

Max
Welcome to the party, Max! Fashionably late is a good thing.

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Ok so where were we.

We were walking out of Hollywood Studios, and kind of debating doing the boat or walking to Epcot. Keep in mind it is 10,000 degrees outside and 100% humidity (that's only a slight exaggeration). Last time we took the boat it was miserably hot in there (there's never room in the back and there was one already there and filling up), so we just decided to walk. There's a decent amount of shade along the first part.

I was thinking it took about 40 minutes to walk, and R said I was crazy so he timed us. It ended up being right at 25 minutes, I believe. And we arrived right when the boat did, so we would have gotten there at the same time either way, but we got some exercise!

It was miserably hot, but we survived. Our main objective was lunch:

We shared the fish n chips with the intention of getting more food in Morocco. Well we were both full after sharing this. I'm telling you the heat really affected our appetites!

Still haven't tried Tangerine Cafe :oops: We are just so hooked on the fish n chips. Also, look how empty WS is!! It wasn't super late yet, but still.

We stopped in Mitsukoshi as usual. I like the remodel! I was worried they were making it smaller when they had a bunch walled off, but thankfully they were just redoing it. It feels much more open now. R bought him some Zelda and Dragon ball Z socks.

We were laughing at this all-too-common grammatical error. We can forgive it when it's a translation issue. It's still funny though. I see this error ALL THE TIME at weddings. You are the Smiths, not the Smith's. Smith's what? Ok sorry, I'm done being mean.

It was such a beautiful day....too bad it was so hot. Have I mentioned the heat yet? :rolleyes:

I wanted to stop in Italy because I'll be in the real place soon! I was really hoping to learn a little basic Italian before going, but I gave up pretty quick. Oops. Maybe I'll learn a little while I'm there.

Priority number 1 in Epcot was getting me some caramel corn! I didn't eat it right then. I actually snacked on it for several days and finished it on our last day. I should have gotten more!

As we made it to the other end of World Showcase, we stopped in R's fav.

Their salsa is SO GOOD!!! It tasted like chipotle salsa, which I love. It was a nice snack.

Next on the agenda was to say goodbye to another attraction, Ellen's Energy Adventure. We'd actually only been on it once before, but we wanted to do it one more time.

Saw the Jammitors on the way.

Funny story, I thought it was "jamm-i-nators" until R pointed out that it's Jammitors like janitors. :facepalm: Duh!

Hey monorail!

The ride vehicles were about half full. Not too bad honestly...I guess lots of people wanted to say bye.

I don't mind this attraction, but it's definitely not one I'll miss.

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
We decided to leave after that. I know, I know, we barely did anything! We just wanted a little break before dinner.

On the way out I saw Daisy!

Soooooo sweaty.

I was so awkward with her. ha! She did love my backpack though. R was making fun of me because when people would compliment it, I would say I got it for really cheap on Amazon. He didn't think it was necessary to tell people it was cheap :p

An outtake...typical :hilarious:

There was hardly anyone up there in front, so I took advantage. I had R take a couple of pictures of me in my shirt throughout the day and I don't like any of them. I need to do this in January when I'm not disgustingly sweaty.

Had to show off my backpack I got on Amazon for so cheap!

We finally headed out of the park after this and hopped on a bus. I don't think we waited too long, maybe 10 minutes.

We got back and decided to go try out Geyser Point.

We loved it here! We would have sat outside, but about 1 minute after we arrived, the bottom fell out of the sky. It rained sooooo hard! It rained for about 20 minutes. It was fine because we loved the vibes at this new lounge spot. When it finally stopped raining, we headed up to the room.

How cute!

When we got back to the room, we had these little postcards from DVC. I love them :inlove:

Up next: dinner!

riored4v

Great pictures. Love the quality on all of them. I really need to spend more time with my camera lol.

We got engaged on the beach at Wilderness Lodge so seeing some of the pictures from there brings back some great memories. That was probably the best place I've stayed at so far.

Gurt

I am another double jointed Disney freak... sorry Disney fan ;) I stand / lean / sit in all manor of positions without even thinking what it looks like to other people, friends family and co workers are used to me but if we get someone new at work or if im unintentionally doing it somewhere in public I get all manor of strange looks :hilarious:

Big Hair

Great pictures! My daughter and I were there around the same time as you, the 8th to the 11th. We had bus issues too. We had to wait twice for our bus for over 45 minutes. We were pressed for time only for those 2 times of course. The heat and humidity wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be but it wasn't good either. Kudo's on your trip report.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom