Meeting At Orlando Intl.

Mr.Nutz

Original Poster
My girlfriend is flying out from Holland the day after us, and we're meeting her at the airport. Where is the best place to meet in the airport, that is easy for her to find?

Maria

I was always met and met people at the baggage claim carrousels. Once you know her flight number, meet her at that carrousel. Then the street is right there, if I remember correctly... :animwink:

But, given the security checks after 9/11, if that is not possible, then you could meet her at the Disney Store or at the WB one! :D

RogueHabit

I tried meeting up with a friend at the Dollar collection desk, not knowing that they had moved it in the year since I was last there.

We ended up hunting for each other for over an hour!

Mr.Nutz

Original Poster
Originally posted by Ratcat
I tried meeting up with a friend at the Dollar collection desk, not knowing that they had moved it in the year since I was last there.

Eek...I think we'll try something more permanent, like the baggage carousels. I can't see them going anywhere. :animwink:

Maria

Yeah... but have a second option just in case that one doesn´t work.... better safe than sorry! :animwink:

Mr.Nutz

Original Poster
Originally posted by Maria
Yeah... but have a second option just in case that one doesn´t work.... better safe than sorry! :animwink:

I think I'm going to wait by where everyone comes off the shuttles when they arrive at the main terminal, and my parents will be situated at the carousels - JUST in case I miss her when she passes me.

Hopefully that'll work...she already has to go from Amsterdam to Philadelphia and then to Orlando by herself. Hopefully picking her up will be easy. :lol:

RogueHabit

Originally posted by Mr.Nutz

Eek...I think we'll try something more permanent, like the baggage carousels. I can't see them going anywhere. :animwink:
Well the Dollar desk did look rather permenant at the time...:( Honest........:hammer:

cm1988

Adding to the confusion...

Originally posted by Ratcat

If the flight is direct from an international destination, you would not be able to meet until after baggage claim... outside of Customs. Of course if your party went through customs at New York/Miami or another gateway, you could meet at baggage claim.

Maria's options of the WB or Disney store sound good... but I'm thinking there might be two Disney stores now...

If all else fails, pick up a handy white courtesy phone and have your party paged. They'll page repeatedly if the first attempt isn't heard.

Mr.Nutz

Original Poster
Re: Adding to the confusion...

Originally posted by cm1988

If the flight is direct from an international destination, you would not be able to meet until after baggage claim... outside of Customs. Of course if your party went through customs at New York/Miami or another gateway, you could meet at baggage claim.

Maria's options of the WB or Disney store sound good... but I'm thinking there might be two Disney stores now...

If all else fails, pick up a handy white courtesy phone and have your party paged. They'll page repeatedly if the first attempt isn't heard.

Thanks! Yeah actually she has to transfer at Philadelphia, so I guess it's domestic procedure. I'm worried about meeting at a store because there are a number of each, so that could get confusing.

I like your paging idea. Might have to do that if I don't catch her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom