medieval times

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
Anyone have any current reviews or experience of medieval times? The wife really wants to go, and she doesn't get much into themed restaurants outside of Disney....yay or nay?

kap91

Didn't it close? Or was that Arabian nights.

Finally went there a few years ago and was very disappointed. The food was good, but the show was terrible and the facility on the inside looks like a remodeled Walmart. Exactly what you'd expect from a tourist trap. Which is a shame because I'm used to the dinner shows around town being quite good. I would not recommend it unless you really, really want to see jousting.

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
Arabian nights did close down. Thanks for the review. Everything I read says the food is good, but nothing of the show, the part I would think most would go for. I'm going to try and look for another dinner show.
Any recommendations?

kap91

Off property? Most of the ones I would suggest have closed.

Have you been to sleuths? I've never seen it but I know some of the people that work there and they're wicked talent. Some are ex-adventurers club.

The only other dinner theater I know of is pirates, but I can't say much positive about it. Though better than medieval times at least.

Seaworld has a luaa?

Really, these days I think the Disney dinner shows are the best.

Now if your up to dinner then a show the dr. Phillips center is really nice, and has great programming lined up - and Theres plenty of nice restaurants near. I'd recommend ceviche - don't even like Latin American food normally and quite like this place.

Hamburger Mary's supposedly has the best burger in town and if you go on the right night illusions in review is a hilarious drag show/female celebrity impersonators - sorta a dinner show then.

That's about everything I can think of.

Disneyhead'71

Have you been to sleuths? I've never seen it but I know some of the people that work there and they're wicked talent. Some are ex-adventurers club.

The only other dinner theater I know of is pirates, but I can't say much positive about it. Though better than medieval times at least.

Seaworld has a luaa?

Now if your up to dinner then a show the dr. Phillips center is really nice, and has great programming lined up - and Theres plenty of nice restaurants near. I'd recommend ceviche - don't even like Latin American food normally and quite like this place.

Hamburger Mary's supposedly has the best burger in town and if you go on the right night illusions in review is a hilarious drag show/female celebrity impersonators - sorta a dinner show then.

I'm listening to Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me on NPR being broadcast live from the Dr. Phillips Ctr. right now.

I have seen a couple of shows there. It's very nice.

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster

Seaworld has a luaa?

Pirates? Is that off property? I enjoy a good pirate!
Family we have in apopka mentioned the Phillips center and hamburger Mary's

71jason

I disagree, Pirates much worse than Medieval Times. That should not be taken as high praise for Medieval Times.

No one has brought it up, but Capones, also on 192, is pretty awful as well.

Seaworld has a luaa?

Did. Ended at least 2 or 3 years ago.

Agreed, just on another level talent and food-wise. Worth the slight upcharge.

71jason

Daniel, what dates will you be in Otown?

The Pirates show is adult oriented.

No, Pirates Dinner Adventure is family-oriented, assuming your family is into incomprehensible plots, stilted acting, lousy food, and a venue that smells like a high school pool.

Treasure Tavern, located next door, is adult-oriented. Better show (a comedy cabaret vs. action oriented), wedding-caterer-quality prime rib. Much, much better than Pirates, although still not on the level of a Disney experience.

Fair warning, call ahead and make sure either of these are in business before booking a reservation. I-Drive is changing quickly, and these two sit on prime real estate I expect to be bought up soon.

Daniel Johnson

Original Poster
No, Pirates Dinner Adventure is family-oriented, assuming your family is into incomprehensible plots, stilted acting, lousy food, and a venue that smells like a high school pool.

Treasure Tavern, located next door, is adult-oriented. Better show (a comedy cabaret vs. action oriented), wedding-caterer-quality prime rib. Much, much better than Pirates, although still not on the level of a Disney experience.

Fair warning, call ahead and make sure either of these are in business before booking a reservation. I-Drive is changing quickly, and these two sit on prime real estate I expect to be bought up soon.
Thanks for the other suggestions. We are looking to do something away from Disney. And tthis is the wife's thing. I'm just happy to get suggestions. I'll also check out treasure tavern as well!

71jason

Thanks for the other suggestions. We are looking to do something away from Disney. And tthis is the wife's thing. I'm just happy to get suggestions. I'll also check out treasure tavern as well!

Not really a "show," but also consider Cafe Tu Tu Tango on I-Drive. It's a tapas restaurant that frequently has artists (musical and visual) performing. Very unique and un-Disney, just a hunch the wife might like it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom