Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament

mickeyears

Original Poster
A couple years ago we decided to go the Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament. There were 6 of us. Our children really enjoyed the show and eating with their fingers (no utensils allowed). We did this the night we arrived in Flordia, instead of wasting a days use of our tickets. Everyone in each section was routing for their knight (different colors section and knights) . It was fun.

woofboy111

That's the only dinner show in the area that I haven't been too. It's way too expensive, and they never give FL resident deals. My personal favorite is Pirates Dinner Adventure, and the worst that I've been to is Copones.

mickeyears

Original Poster
Hi Woofboy111. It was very pricey to go to this dinner show with 6 of us, but it was enjoyable (after buying our tickets, we then paid extra ($$$WOW$$$) just to sit up front ).
We are always looking for new things to do the first night and I'm sure other are too. Would love to have a bit of info. on the Pirates Show. Thanks.

woofboy111

This is a page that I'm going to post on my website soon, but you get a sneak peek. Here you go...

Pirates Dinner Adventure has to be one of the best dinner shows in Orlando. Just about everything about it is good. Lets go into detail of what's in the show.

You first buy your tickets. Next you enter into a dark castle room. In here, you find out that it's a dungon. As you are walking through you notice some plastic bones in the corner. Bad punishment for whoever that was, isn't it! If you want a little known fact about this room...when the show first opened, live actors would jump out at the guests and act as prisoners. They scared some of the smaller children so much, that the parents requested refunds and left. So, that's why they have plastic bones instead.

After the deungon, you enter into the town square. In here you wait for up to, depening on when you arrived, an hour and a half, before the main show starts, but it's not boreing. You are entertained by Jugglers, magic acts, and other street proformers. For the kids, there are free games where you could win a soda of your choice. There are also fortuine tellers that will tell you your fourtine for free (suprizing how true they are!), and also face painting. If you look closely at these people, and the pirates in the show later, you will notice they are the same people in different costume. During this time, appetizers are also served.

About 15 minutes before the actually show starts, the preshow starts. You get introduced to the Princess of the Kindom, who is bragging about how her father has ridden the kingdom of Pirates. At this moment, a band of Pirates crashes through a pile of beer kegs and kidnapps the princess, a gypsi, and you! This is when you move into the main theatre.

Depending on the pirate who kidnapped you, depends on the pirate that you sit by. The stage is on a pool of water, shaped like a pirate ship. (its very real looking. You wouldn't know that it's in a pool of water 2 ft deep!) The seats are all around the pool. I don't exactly remember what they feed you, but I remember it was really good!

The Pirates do assorted compititons, including acrobatics, races, etc, using various objects on the stage. Since I'm not going to give away the whole show, I'll skip parts of it, but kids will love this part (getting involved in boat races, getting dressed up, etc).

The ending is (I know, I shouldn't be telling you this either!), where two of the pirates rebel, and turn good, with one falling in love with the princess, and the other falling in love with the gypsy. At the end, a Disney style effect is used, where two of the characters walk into a wall and become a movie. It's a great effect.

After this, you exit back into the town square, and go to the Pirates Dance Party, which is always fun for all ages. As a special hint, if you want a good pirate during the show, ask for the Blue or Green Pirate. Good luck.

This show is great fun for kids, and enteraining for all ages. I would totally recomend it to everyone.

sillyspook13

My two favorite dinner shows are Medieval Times and Arabian Nights. Both are excellent shows, great food, a lot of fun, and well worth the money.:D :D :D

markymark

We have done King Henry's Feast and Wild Bills (also thanx to Virgin Hols) both were really good entertainment. Not sure that I'd pay big money to go though. My fave night out like is the Backyard BBQ - have been twice and hopefully going again next time. Great music, good entertainment and wonderful food and beer.

woofboy111

I've missed King Henrys feast. That was my favorite, but i didin't list it because of how it closed up. I do think that something will soon take its place, because it seems like the building is being cleaned up from 2 years of neglection.

Maria

I´ve been to King Henry´s Feast and Capone´s. The food and show at King´s were good. Capone´s was weird... they treat you bad and rudely on purpose, but I think our waiter enjoyed it too much and picked on my bf too much. We were afraid to say anything or he would pick on us! The food (pasta) was no good and the dessert was the driest brownie (cup cake) that I have ever had!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom