Mears v. Taxi

Erika

Originally posted by conntom
I stay at the Grosvenor thats on international Drive and for
Tiffany thats 65.00 round trip then there is a online coupon
of 5.00$ dollars off.:)

OK, now that makes sense!

I hadn't realized you were staying on International.

:hammer:

Tron

We've used Mears in the past, but lately we've been getting really irritated with having to stop at six hotels before we get to our own. Our last trip was really bad; we got to the station at about 11:00 at night, and our driver made three stops, got lost and turned around, then made two more stops before getting us to the hotel somewhere around 12:30.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the cab rate is per mile in Orlando? Or any ballpark figures from the airport to the property?

Worldphile

Originally posted by Jedi Osborn
this wasn't one of your choices, but my wife and I like Tiffany Town car. They about $80 round trip (w/ the internet coupon) but its private clean and courtous (do I sound like a commercial?) After our second trip with Mears, we hated it. Both times we had to fight to get on the list at the airport (where they have one guy with a clipboard and about 30 guests just yelling out where they need to go). Eventually you get crammed into a van that will make several stops before they get to your hotel (unless you're lucky enough to be first, we weren't).
then on the way home, they pick you up several hours before your flight (I know you neeed extra time, but we had far too much) becuase they make many stops with a tour size bus to pick people up. You wait forever for them to dig your baggage out of the bottom of the bus.
so, bottom line, we hated mears.
If we don't rent a car, we go w/ tiffany. They'll even stop at a grocery store on the way to your hotel for no extra charge.
Sorry about all the negative stuff, but we were not happy at all w/ mears.

Listen to Jedi. He is dispensing pearls of wisdom :D

Mears used to be really good, but on our trip last year they were terrible. I think we stopped at 5 hotels before the WL. No exaggeration. Never again.

rosie.ca

i ended up going with mears as it was a bit easier on the budget
,getting there was fine i had to wait maybe 10 min and we all got on the big bus which was full after everyone got on.
we got to the hotel with only 1 stop before us so that was fine . My problem with mears is the only time they would pick us up to leave was 9:30 for a flight that left at 1:40 it only took a half hour to get to the airport I had like 5 hrs to kill.
What a waste of the day

Lilo

Originally posted by rosie.ca
i ended up going with mears as it was a bit easier on the budget
,getting there was fine i had to wait maybe 10 min and we all got on the big bus which was full after everyone got on.
we got to the hotel with only 1 stop before us so that was fine . My problem with mears is the only time they would pick us up to leave was 9:30 for a flight that left at 1:40 it only took a half hour to get to the airport I had like 5 hrs to kill.
What a waste of the day

The three times at WDW we used Mears. We stayed at the Contemporary. All three times we had a 10 p.m. flight. We left the hotel at 7 or so. You have to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight. Did Mears pick you up at a WDW resort? If not, 5 hours is definitely a waste.

copper

We are taking Your Ride for the first time for our trip in November. We are traveling with 3 adults, Twins 8 and a 6 month old. We opted to take the car service because we are staying at the WL and figured we'd be one of the last to get dropped off. Our other concern was the 6 month old, can she handle the waiting time after a 6:10am flight? I think not! We are also utilizing the Publix stop for groceries. I can't wait to go!

WDWspider

I read someone say to tip the Mears guys? Is that correct? How much?

Are there any discounts to be had on Mears or Tiffany's Town Cars?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom