Me vs DLH: an on-going battle

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Original Poster
Let me just start off this tale o' angst by saying that I love healthy competition. I like when there's a back and forth and a healthy balance of one side besting the other, only to later have the results switched...

NOT SO in the case of me vs DLH. Who is DLH (who am I for that matter)? Well, you see, DLH is a man of undisclosed age and unknown origins who just so happens to regularly get ALL the top 10 scores on Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster on any given day.

For the past several months, I have arrived at the post-ride photo station, eagerly anticipating to see my name in the top 10 of the day, only to have those hopes dashed and zapped as I stare down a full 10 scores from one, DLH.

I should point out here that I can achieve the coveted 999,999 point total on Buzz quite often...but not often enough as my foe. Here is a man who must ride the attraction at LEAST 10 times in order to obtain ALL top 10 high scores. Does he have a family? Does he cut the crust off his sandwiches? What color are his socks?? Who knows. But I know one thing...I cannot beat him....yet.

On days when he is not there, I can make the top 10 list. #6 is the highest point I have reached. (please, really, hold your applause) However, I have made it my goal in life to best DLH and restore balance and healthy competition to that little corner of Tomorrowland. If you happen to know DLH, please let him know I am coming for him...and his precious top 10! If you are DLH...well...game on.

Last edited:

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Original Poster
I find the Disney Disneyland properties too expensive while not providing some hugely beneficial value I can't get at surrounding properties. At WDW I believe on property Disney resorts are the only way to go, but at Disneyland I rarely stay at a Disney resort.
It wasn't really my choice...but the circumstances afforded me an opportunity, so I took it.

THIS THREAD IS ALREADY DERAILED. DLH must be stopped!

JoFu

It wasn't really my choice...but the circumstances afforded me an opportunity, so I took it.

THIS THREAD IS ALREADY DERAILED. DLH must be stopped!
I agree, DLH must be stopped. They should lower their prices to similar properties at that level like the Anaheim Hilton. I mean, it's really a pretty decent hike to the main gate too, so you don't even get the closeness factor. Now, back when it had a monorail stop, maybe...

westie

OK answer me this HBG, how do you do it? On any given day I'm mediocre at best. I yank that ripcord like a man wanting hair on the palm of his hands but I'm not close to being the best in the last hour. Do you use a 2 person method to shoot the same target to get the double and triple scores? I don't want to ruin your secret but any insight would be greatly appreciated!

George Lucas on a Bench

full disclosure, I have kept my eye open for you in the HM queue lately.

Oh, I don't go to Disneyland anymore. Everything in my YouTube videos was recorded over the course of a day and edited to make it seem like I go all the time. Who would honestly do that?

I just watch Disney YouTube videos hosted by charming personalities while relaxing comfortably in air conditioning. They endure the stresses of visiting Disneyland constantly in the Summertime so that I don't have to. I love them!

Phroobar

I love a good old fashioned video game shoot out. Disneyland needs to run a contest to see who is the best at BLAB. DLH probably uses a stick to trigger a ride stop in front of Zurg and just lets loose until the CMs can start the ride back up again.

I wonder if Billy Mitchell (high score record holder for Donkey Kong and Pac-man) ever comes to Disneyland to play BLAB.

1024px-Billy_Mitchell_and_Pac-Man.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom