MDE question: family members

LucyK

Original Poster
I've had no problems using MDE until today. I went to made a payment and just for fun I looked around the site and when I clicked on my profile I saw that instead of two cards I now could only manage my own card/magic band; before I could manage my own and my mother's. A while back she set up her own Disney account and I sent her an invite to join MDE and low and behold, her own card/magic band appears on her account, she can manage hers but not mine.

My question is: can I still make FP+ selections for both of us when the time comes? I made a bogus dinner reservation to test it out and it showed her as my second guest so I'm hoping this translates to FP+ as well.

Anyone have any insights? Did I screw up when I sent her that invite?

CaptainShortty

If you invited her then you should be able to do everything for the both of you since you're "friends". Since she created her own account, she is now the owner of anything hers (tickets, MagicBands, etc.) and will be the one managing it for herself. You shouldn't have any problems using FP+ though.

LucyK

Original Poster
So she'll need to customize her own MB or because I'm the one who made the reservations I'll be able to do it for her?

Rob562

So she'll need to customize her own MB or because I'm the one who made the reservations I'll be able to do it for her?

As the "owner" of the hotel reservation, you're the one who will customize the Band for her, but once it's been issued to her, it's under her control.

You'll also be able to make FP+ reservations for each other.

-Rob

LucyK

Original Poster
Thank you both! I should've left that invite button alone but your answers calmed my fears! It would be a nightmare to manage both MB with only one smartphone!

CaptainShortty

Not a problem! Glad I could help. And yes, the family and friends portion is definitely the most confusing. But rest assured tools are coming for guests to make it less confusing!!

stevehousse

Yada me thing happened to me. I got scared something was wrong but realized since my wife has her own account, once the bands shipped, hers only showed on her account. I could still mess with her FP and such...so releaving!!! 15 more days!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom