MDE Down all morning 4/12/17

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
MDE and specifically FP+ have been down all morning.

No answers from Guest Services. CMs clueless.

Spring Break crowds, and MDE crashes.

I am currently on hold with Guest Services to try and figure out my next move.

Bolt

MDE and specifically FP+ have been down all morning.

No answers from Guest Services. CMs clueless.

Spring Break crowds, and MDE crashes.

I am currently on hold with Guest Services to try and figure out my next move.
What's the question you need to have answered? When MDE goes down, the walk up kiosks still operate in a mode where you view existing ones and you can book one more. Though your app is down, the system reading it at the rides still works and is still active.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
What's the question you need to have answered? When MDE goes down, the walk up kiosks still operate in a mode where you view existing ones and you can book one more. Though your app is down, the system reading it at the rides still works and is still active.

The line at the kiosks consists of hundreds of people. I'm also about to use my 3rd FP and can't add more.

It's a joke.

COProgressFan

Hate this is happening to you, but sometimes technology just doesn't work.

It sucks but it happens :/

It's not just me. It's 10s of thousands of Easter Week guests.

If the tech doesn't work, get new tech.

No, it doesn't work. For however many billion they spent though, shouldn't it work though?

Yes, stuff happens. But this isn't the first time, and likely won't be the last that the system goes down. Which is why forcing guests to be so reliant on MDE is a problem.

COProgressFan

But to be fair, even paper FP went down from time to time...

Of course it did. But everyone who had already been issued a fastpass got to still use it because it was printed on paper. Now, there's no way of knowing your exact FP+ times without the app, or attempting to see it on one of the handful of FP+ kiosks with tens of thousands of other guests in the same boat.

Kman101

No, it doesn't work. For however many billion they spent though, shouldn't it work though?

Yes, stuff happens. But this isn't the first time, and likely won't be the last that the system goes down. Which is why forcing guests to be so reliant on MDE is a problem.

Nothing will ever be perfect. I've had registers there freeze. It happens. The app itself was awful to use at times when I was there but the update seemed to help I think. It's technology. And you can use the kiosks in the park. It's not ideal and very frustrating I know. Their lack of ability to handle it is a problem. We are too reliant on technology anymore imho.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom