MDE app=no tablet=YAY

Dads 2 Boys

Original Poster
While I've had a smart phone forever, I just got a tablet (never needed one before really). I was adding lots of my apps that I have on my phone and went to add the MDE app, it said not compatible with this device and that it's only for phones. :)

I'm actually quite happy because perhaps this will reduce the number of people bringing their tablets to the parks and holding it up for pictures of Wishes, parades, etc... It's so rude IMO to do that as it disrupts other guests from enjoying the performance. If someone is "x"feet tall (regardless of their height), holding up the tablets two the feet over their heads.....well, you get the picture.

Disney...... Please continue to keep this app away from tablets.

epcotisbest

While I've had a smart phone forever, I just got a tablet (never needed one before really). I was adding lots of my apps that I have on my phone and went to add the MDE app, it said not compatible with this device and that it's only for phones. :)

I'm actually quite happy because perhaps this will reduce the number of people bringing their tablets to the parks and holding it up for pictures of Wishes, parades, etc... It's so rude IMO to do that as it disrupts other guests from enjoying the performance. If someone is "x"feet tall (regardless of their height), holding up the tablets two the feet over their heads.....well, you get the picture.

Got it on my iPad. Don't use it much but it works fine on my tablet.

Disneydreamer23

I have a galaxy 3 and have it it only works if you have a high memory so most likely if you paid under 250.00 for your tablet it won't work

lazyboy97o

This is all you, not Disney. You didn't buy a compatible tablet.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

Go here...'nuff said: https://twitter.com/WDWiPadography

PrincessNelly_NJ

I have the app on my android tablet. It was side loaded thanks to a member on these boards. I use my tablet for planning trips.. never would take it to the parks though.

WDWResort

I have the MDX app on my iPad and although I will never take my iPad into the parks, it's nice to go over your plans while in the hotel or hanging out pool side.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I have a galaxy 3 and have it it only works if you have a high memory so most likely if you paid under 250.00 for your tablet it won't work
The new app no longer works with Android tablets at all unless side loaded or android phones running anything less than Ice Cream Sandwich software.
They still sell android phones/tablets with gingerbread & honeycomb (old android software) that cant get the app even though they have space and just came out. *shrugs*

mergatroid

Somebody on here kindly explained how to put it on our Samsung Galaxy tablet. As somebody else at the time also pointed out to me though, "Why not just use goodle for MDE on the tablet and do it that way".

smaccount

Hi, I have MDE on my Samsung phone for the Play Store (where you get your phone Apps) and I have it on my iPad from the App Store. Hope this helps.

BigTxEars

Same here it's on my better half's iPad. We don't take it to the parks, but she uses it at the house to try and understand all of my nerdy Disney plans when I tell them to her :)

PigletIsMyCat

i just found it on my iPad which i don't use nearly as often as i used to. i really like the layout on the iPad and plan on using it for planning from here on out. i will probably bring my iPad to disney (i watch movies on it in the airport/on the plane) but can't imagine bringing it into the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom