1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

MDE and Shop Parks-iOS 11

Discussion in 'Using MyMagic+, FastPass+ and My Disney Experience' started by aw14, Aug 15, 2017.

1. aw14

aw14 Well-Known Member

i am an iOS developer and as such have been running iOS 11 since beta 1. With that said, there has been no movement by Disney to correct the above apps and make them compatible with the OS. Both apps currently crash at the load stage. I would have hoped that Disney would have been prepared for the beta released as other apps and companies are.

I do know that many have reached out to Disney about this, but no official fix seems forthcoming. Shame

2. Rider

Rider Premium Member

They usually push out app updates regularly enough. IOS 11 support will come it's just not impacting many of their users until Apple does the full release.

I agree it sucks though. I had to downgrade back to 10 because MDE is something I use a lot.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    wdwmagic and aw14 like this.
  3. aw14

aw14 Well-Known Member Original Poster

thank you....actually just updated to Beta 7 and still no change. I will assume at the release of the general in September we will see the apps updated accordingly

4. Rider

Rider Premium Member

A lot of times app makers will not release updated versions until the new iOS gets a public release. On launch day you will see a bunch of updates listing support for the new version.

Of course most of those still worked during beta. Disney's apps just don't.

wdwmagic likes this.
  5. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

There is no chance they will leave MDX incompatible with the latest iOS. Too much of the business now relies on it. I would expect an update to come along with the official release of iOS11.

6. Rider

Rider Premium Member

And just like that they've pushed updates to both apps that work for ios 11

wdwmagic likes this.