MDE and late arrivals

Packman

Original Poster
So, I know that after 10 you're responsible for picking up your own luggage and taking it to the bus and that it can take upwards of 3 - 5 hours for the bags to get to your room.

My question is: if you arrive between 9 and 10 and let Disney handle your luggage, do they bring your bags to your room at 1 or 2 am, or do they drop them off the next morning?

Does anyone have experience using MDE after 9? I've read that it can take much longer due to the lower number of buses running that late. We're traveling with a 3 and a 5 year old and I'm a little worried about getting them to the resort that late.

CaptainAmerica

No experience with late DME, but I'd advise sleeping in on that first full day. Starting a trip off with exhausted little ones has the real potential to ruin the whole week.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
No experience with late DME either, but to be safe, I would think the best option would be to get your baggage at the carousel and just take it to the bus. That way you're 100% certain that you'll have what you need with no late night interruptions.

Rob562

No experience with late DME either, but to be safe, I would think the best option would be to get your baggage at the carousel and just take it to the bus. That way you're 100% certain that you'll have what you need with no late night interruptions.

And if you plan on doing that, make sure to *not* use the yellow tags since yellow-tagged bags don't even make it to the luggage carousel.

-Rob

SteveW

I had a later arrival time, something like 8:30 to 9 pm, and I got a knock on the door about 1 am for my bags. I remember telling them to just hold the bags until morning, but the message must have gotten lost. It also took longer for them to fill a bus leaving the airport. I'd recommend you just plan on getting your own luggage, then head for the buses.

Last edited:

4disneylovers

My only suggestion whatever you decide is consider carrying your luggage with Young children. Not sure how many bags you will have but many years ago we had to take our luggage with 2 little ones and it was quite a challenge.

MorganKelly

I am pretty sure that luggage delivery ends at 10:00 pm, so retrieving your own bags and taking them on the motorcoach is your safest bet. We have had luggage delivered close to midnight in the past. Not the greatest situation when you're getting kids ready for bed and hoping to turn in early. We always got around it by packing a small carry-on with pj's, change of clothes and toiletries. And letting bell services know they could hold onto the bags until morning didn"t always work. Doing it ourselves is just easier all around for our situation. Actually, we do this no matter what time we arrive, but it especially seems to be the best approach for late flights IMHO. For what it's worth, I believe delivery starts in the am around 6:00.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom