Trip Report MAY THE SPORK BE WITH YOU!!! - a Kid-Free F&W Trip Report

Hi all!!! Well, we’re back from our 6 kid-free days at WDW (yes, much sadness), but now I at least get to share our trip with all of you! If you’re new to my trip reports, my name is Sandy. I did a pre-trip report for this one, but it wasn’t exactly my best work…i.e. I neglected it much of the time. Bad Sandy! Oh well, the real report will be significantly better. I swear, this is probably one of my best trips to WDW- EVER!!!

As many of you know…my reports are heavily picture infused things…mainly because I take TONS of pics so you can “walk” along with me. I took close to 4,000 pics this time…some better than others…but all to help paint the full picture of this trip. I will get into all of the pictures and heavy duty Disney stuff, but first a little background on the days leading up to the trip. Sorry- not much in the way of pictures in this portion, but I promise you…there really are TONS of pictures to come.

So, it’s the evening of November 4th and I’m prepping for our departure on November 7th. DH gets home as I’m putting our girls to bed and informed me that his mom was coming by to talk to us. Ok, so I’m now freaking out. His mom was supposed to have the girls stay with her so we could go on vacation, so this didn’t sound good. We’ve also have really bad luck before all of our recent WDW trips. I think we’d all agree that the car accident last year was the worst, but I am starting to think we’re cursed. In any event, my MIL comes by and drops a bit of a bomb on us. It’s really sad and scary stuff…I’m not at liberty to share the details…but from a safety standpoint, we couldn’t have the girls stay with her at her house. Thankfully, she was willing to stay at our house- so the big problem was solved, but now I had to work in time to deep clean the house. I mean, I was planning on a light cleaning…but I had to pack for me as well as for the girls (school day stuff, softball stuff, etc.) + I had to make a birthday cake!

Many of you know me from the Cake Talk thread over in the dining section, but I also make my own custom cakes on the side. My younger one’s bday is Nov 6th, so I had to have a cake the day before we went out of town…and of course she wanted something crazy (gee, I wonder who encourages this kind of madness??? ;) ). She wanted a 'fluffy' killer whale cake…just like her furry Shamu-esque plush named “Shammie.” Thankfully, the cake was fairly easy…well, minus the nearly 7 tubs of black food coloring I needed to achieve black buttercream. So, here’s the finished product as well as a pic with my ‘model.’

15105530154_4d3d6101be_z.jpg

15540633410_b390bd4f00_z.jpg

Day 1

So, the house is clean, the cake is done and we’re pretty much packed…and it’s after midnight…so, it’s officially our departure day!!! Our flight from Houston Hobby was supposed to take off at 6:15am, so we had to leave the house around 4am. I got about 3 hours of sleep, packed up the car, said good-bye to the girls (who were still in bed- asleep - MIL was in the guest bedroom), and drove to the airport. The roads were dead, but the airport was surprisingly busy. It took a while to get through security, but we at least had a good laugh when checking our bags. The ladies helping us overheard that it was a kid free trip to Disney and they made sure everyone in the area knew we were heading there without the kids. Most of the people just looked really confused, but we got a good laugh.

After DH forgetting to empty his pockets at security and having some minor issues, we make our way out to the gate and wait. Hey, at least it looks like we’re going to be on time.

15721134116_2d92fb6622_z.jpg

Boarding and take off are pretty uneventful. I’m utterly exhausted and fall asleep shortly after. I mean, I tend to sleep on planes even when I’m well rested, but this was that uncontrollable … sort of passing out … kind of deep sleep. I didn’t sleep for the entire flight. In fact, I woke up to a lovely cloud filled sky…

15558965649_e7978f5385_z.jpg

Actually, shortly after this pic the clouds started to clear and I could tell we were approaching the Florida coastline…

15559416708_b0ba8c3a46_z.jpg

15124895804_6e5b2f0ec1_z.jpg

Ok, I actually took a series of pics as we approached. I guess this is the air equivalent of people taking pics of the state signs when crossing the state line on a road trip…

15558970619_5758715a2c_z.jpg

15744851845_37271be2ef_z.jpg

I also realized that we were flying over the Tampa/St Pete area. My parents lived just outside of St Pete for a few years after leaving Gainesville and before heading to the Ft. Lauderdale area. I took this pic because I noticed a large pink building right at the coastline. Anyone who knows this area knows this is the Don Cesar hotel. Unfortunately, even when cropping, blowing up and saturating the colors in the pic below…you can’t really see that there’s a big pink hotel…but it’s there- I swear it is!!!

15559691397_a7cb688a40_z.jpg

Now, I really enjoy being able to pick out familiar sites from the air. I regret not having my DSLR out with the telephoto hooked up for this, but you’re just going to have to take my word for it with the pics below. See, I usually can pick out Epcot from the air with no problem- in fact, it's why I intentionally sat us on this side of the plane. I mean, the “Swalphin” is super obvious and SSE kind of stands out. Still, for whatever reason, I couldn’t find them for the life of me. Then I spotted something…something I’ve never noticed before from the air. I’m sitting there thinking, “man, that white blob over there kind of reminds me of Space Mountain.” Then I realize the buildings I’m looking at to the right are BLT and the Contemporary!!! And while it was more a white blip from the air…I could see…THE CASTLE!!! And as my eyes adjusted and started picturing the WDW map in my head, I realized I could see the Poly, the GF, and yes…I was also able to pick out SSE and the Swalphin too! I could see all of this until shortly before landing. Talk about WELCOME HOME!!! I'll share one of these pics, but it's really tough to spot any of this...

15742948251_c0b2b0bf94_z.jpg

I tried cropping and zooming, but it’s still really hard to pick them out…but I swear they are there!
So, landing was uneventful and we were soon ready for the first “ride” of our trip.

15786080132_a1c573680e_z.jpg

15786077812_4d55c3535d_z.jpg

Kind of sad...I am now using the DSLR (vs my phone), but I'm so jittery from excitement that I can't take a decent shot!

I also had temporary amnesia…or magical euphoric memory loss (your pick)…and forgot where to find DME. Of course, the jetways now have it labeled on there…but I guess I also had some selective blindness upon arrival. So, I sucked it up, went to Information, and got directions to DME. I was kind of embarrassed, but clearly I needed the help. At least the info was correct…

15786075722_8f80bceeb0_z.jpg

As we get down to the ground level and start heading towards the DME area, I start seeing DME and DCL buses…and I’ll admit it, I got kind of misty. Thankfully, DH didn’t notice because I would have been mocked considerably. We had our magic bands on, so getting through everything was a breeze. In fact, the only tough part was convincing DH that our checked baggage would be delivered to our hotel. It’s like he’s never been to WDW before!!! We’re directed to line 2 and make our way all the way to the front.

15599083698_069b6c63e9_z.jpg

We’re the only ones there and it kind of looks like we just missed a bus for our grouping of resorts. Just then the CMs manning that section of lines asked which resort we were headed to for our trip. I said we’re going to the Poly and magically, they opened the ropes and led us out to a bus. Sadly, it was a magical yellow Mears bus, but hey…it would get us where we needed to go.

15786065312_56b5300a1a_z.jpg

Although, I was kind of jealous with all of the DCL buses around us…just something about having the Disney labeling on the bus. OK- feeling quite shallow right about now!

15599673840_09c0b70d1a_z.jpg

Still, I really can’t complain…we were on a bus, that bus was nearly full and about ready to go. I think we waited less than 5 minutes to start heading towards the resorts. This was also our first time seeing the new DME video and can I just say…I HATE IT!

15782627781_b6f1dd5e43_z.jpg

Before ever crossing onto Disney property, we saw a sign that Disney was near!

15782619541_40b2729c6a_z.jpg

Yeah- the Characters in Flight balloon is kind of a give-a-way that Disney is near! Shortly after spotting the balloon, one of the best views on earth came into sight…

15760802106_e432775984_z.jpg

15784481195_c639c6a9a0_z.jpg

I was obviously not in a good seat to snap any good pics, but I think most of us know that we were getting ready to pass under the Maingate!!! I remember being really frustrated after this as well. I wanted to check in on Facebook, basically confirming that we’re officially “inside the MAGIC BUBBLE,” but it wasn’t until we were farther in that I was able to get ‘Walt Disney World” to come up as a check in option. i.e. I didn’t want any of the parks or resorts. OK- minor annoyance…I know!

More to come on Day 1! Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

epcotisbest

Did you ever see the Osborne Lights when they were on Residential Street? It was fantastic, and it really seemed like you were walking through a neighborhood, an over the top lighted-for-Christmas neighborhood, and it was wonderful. We still enjoy the lights a lot, but the old display was really amazing.

Jessica Meier

My hubby still owes me a D&B from our trip last year. He promised me one while we were there but I never found one that I liked in the pattern I wanted. Disney store had one on the website so he was instructed to wrap it up for Christmas. If he doesn't, he may just owe me two next year!

epcotisbest

My hubby still owes me a D&B from our trip last year. He promised me one while we were there but I never found one that I liked in the pattern I wanted. Disney store had one on the website so he was instructed to wrap it up for Christmas. If he doesn't, he may just owe me two next year!
Then you can carry a Double Disney Dooney!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
LMAO Sandy, smarty pants LOL xoxo

I couldn't help it! :D

Great start! And wow a kidsless trip... guess of we go without Sacha we would have WWIII :) Thanks for the share and off course following along :)

I remember you saying Sacha would never let you go without her. Our girls weren't pleased, but the didn't have much say in the matter. :hilarious:

Following Along and great start!

Thanks!!! :)

Where is the Writer's Stop in Relation to Mama Melrose and Muppets? I am gonna be mad if I was that close last time and missed it! It has always eluded me. ARGH!

Yes, it's quite close. If you were to cut through to the Streets of America right by the Muppets entrance, Writer's Stop would be directly in front of you. We usually stop there for hot cocoa during Osborne Lights...when it's cooler outside, that is. If you were accessing it from park entry, I think it's sort of around the corner from Sci Fi.

So in that pic on Main Street are you carrying double Dooney Letter Carrier bags? Gotta keep that photo away from my wife before she decides you have started a new trend and she needs another one!

Actually, only the top bag is a Disney Dooney Letter Carrier. The one underneath is my Small World LeSportsac. Still, this should give you some idea about the shopping in my near future in the TR ;)

You could do what I did and just gift myself with a DDB. I was very bothered about "some people" not doing anything for Mother's Day. So, this was my answer...

Then you can carry a Double Disney Dooney!
Would that be a D^2 or a D^3???

I think that would be DDB squared. :happy:

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Before I start up from where I left off, I remembered a detail of day 1 that I forgot to add in my earlier posts. I think most of us would agree that one of the most "magical" "fun" parts of a WDW vacation is interacting with other guests. Of course, some interactions are more memorable than others. Well, on that first bus ride over to DHS, we hit a nasty traffic jam on our way into the parking lot/bus area. We probably spent an extra 10 min ... nothing major for an adult, but an eternity for a child. Make that 2 children. Seated across from us on the bus were 2 little girls...one maybe about 3 and the other looked 5. Seated directly to my left was their grandmother. To pass the time, the girls wanted to play the "who stole the cookie from the cookie jar" game. The game was quickly fizzling with just the 3 of them, so I tried to subtly signal to the grandmother that I was willing to play. By the end of the bus ride, we'd all stolen cookies from that cookie jar and there were 2 little girls who never really seemed to notice the delay.

So, back on track for day 1...

So, we’re back to heading towards RnR…

15760472856_bc23eb8008_z.jpg

15785726742_624a289f91_z.jpg

15598992637_48cb558a11_z.jpg

15164201124_4048dd8e28_z.jpg

15164704463_469ec9b946_z.jpg

15782259211_d3065b7597_z.jpg

(oh heck NO! Once was enough...unless the girls need me to ride with them)

Yes, lots of ToT pics too. As some of you know…I’ve ridden it once, think it’s one of the best themed rides at WDW, but it reconfirmed that I HATE HATE HATE free fall rides. Yup- won’t be riding it again any time soon.

And we have arrived!!!

15598976917_2771d2a6ce_z.jpg

But there’s 1 BIG problem…the ride is down…and it’s been down since the previous day. I couldn’t get any other decent FP+s for that day in DHS (one of my biggest complaint with the FP+ system at present) and I wanted to check on our bags/change for dinner…so we headed out of DHS to travel back to the Poly.

15760447966_8369b11fd0_z.jpg

15784122375_cbe13bd9a2_z.jpg

15164173444_655979e494_z.jpg

15784117125_f5bc56a1ce_z.jpg

15598292139_381c8b9910_z.jpg

15598955967_0a84c80dec_z.jpg

It took a while for the bus to arrive.

15782245511_e9df28576f_z.jpg

15164673873_5a5aeccd17_z.jpg

15784106995_ce8f854840_z.jpg

We also witnessed several levels of busing area stupidity…as well as one great CM. A CM named Josh, a bus driver, was waiting at our stop to take over his shift. While we were waiting, an SUV entered the bus lanes and was going the wrong way. It wasn’t an accident…it was some self-entitled idiot thinking it was OK so they could drop off their friends closer to the DHS entrance. CM Josh ran out into the lanes to redirect them. Shortly after this, a family decided to walk right along the curb as several buses were pulling in. They had kids with them…including a child in a stroller. Josh ran over to get them up on the curb and out of the way of the buses that were coming in to park to pick up guests. I’m sure these people were in Disney tunnel vision, but this is that area where the front end of the buses goes over the actual curb…i.e. they would have been hit if this CM didn’t get them out of there. In any event, I was just impressed with how mindful he was of all of the potentially dangerous situations going on in this busing area.

Our bus finally arrived and it was back to the Poly…

15784105195_a003d83aca_z.jpg

Well, not before heading through the MK gate. It was the first night of MVMCP, so it was cool to see the figures inflated on the gate…

15599289850_a4b1a5a662_z.jpg

15598279269_38a70a39ea_z.jpg

And then – WE’RE HOME

15598690618_fbe67cc2d3_z.jpg

***I'll start back up in a little bit. Gotta try and get in 6 miles in the dark. FUN!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
OK- things cut a little short since I was wearing the wrong socks. Ouch! Still got in close to 5.5mi. Not bad for a weeknight.

So, before I get back into day 1...I wanted to share a post trip souvenir that arrived today. As many of you know, Donald Duck is my favorite character and while I gifted myself with a little Donald treat while at WDW (and I do think it's cute- will share later in the TR), it didn't really satisfy my "need" for some sort of cool Donald trinket. I mean, I found a Donald tee pre-trip that I really love, but that wasn't enough. And then I found this...

15630260429_3be0d5ea00_z.jpg

I love Romero Britto, love his Disney pieces, and have even thought about doing a Britto inspired mural in one of the girls' rooms. In any event, this fit the bill. I have my cute angry Donald piece - sort of - from this trip.

OK...so we're heading back to our room at the Poly...

15785673702_cb16fa25c3_z.jpg

Thankfully, our bags had arrived…so no issues having nice clothes for dinner. I also took some time to sit down and watch Stacey do the “Must Do’s.”

15598272789_c3d056c111_z.jpg

15784092825_6e754c9d58_z.jpg

We now both look less travel weary and are in suitable attire for dinner at Yachtsman…but back to DHS before so we can catch Osborne Lights. But before that…how about some skywriting! (they were out in full force much of the weekend)

15599274200_077738a860_z.jpg

Bus is here!

15784086315_f581d5cec6_z.jpg

And now we’re back at DHS.

15164137954_3359c7cd67_z.jpg

Will need one of these in a couple of hours...

15760400706_07fc43d96c_z.jpg

And we're back in...

15164134474_8072f46980_z.jpg

We have time, so we decide to do some shopping. We’d already bought for the kids, but I still wanted something Disney Dooney for me, some trinket type things for coworkers and a nice gift for this one girl who’d given me a lot of help and training over the last few months. Naturally, I took pics of all items of interest as well as shop decor.

15598254639_7df1417f5b_z.jpg

Not sure where I’d wear it, but I really like this Cheshire Cat tail! He’s my 2nd fave character!

15760391046_c9d1bff053_z.jpg

I even checked out the Disney Dooney bags, but I didn’t see any that were screaming ME- well, not yet. It’s funny, as I was looking there was this guy there with his wife and he was trying to “guide” her through making a Disney Dooney purchase. He pointed out all of the patterns that were tacky and too bold for every-day use (good thing I was wearing my black and white comic tassel vs. my charms LC). He pointed out the one bag that he deemed suitable for daily use, but showed her the price tag and informed her that such prices made it sort of a waste…i.e. nobody should be spending that kind of $ on a purse. His wife just stood there with that “kid on Christmas” look in her eyes as she eyed the display. He wound up redirecting her to a different part of the store. I went back to eyeing the bags and a really sweet CM came over to see if I needed help. I wasn’t ready yet, but we did have fun chatting about the various styles and patterns. And I moved on to the store across the street with the Christmas décor…

15782205301_b9234498a3_z.jpg

15599265440_44aa481bd0_z.jpg

I also thought it was cool to see them customizing ears.

15598557978_c6c5cd563d_z.jpg

15164531333_c2b8de0928_z.jpg

I did have a goal though…I needed to find a DVB (Disney Vera Bradley) for a coworker. I remember taking directions from a CM on how to find the store, but about half of it kind of flew out of my head. DH and I went wandering, but eventually little things started clicking and I found the store. I also found a bag! I had a woman who appeared to be a big DVB fan coach me on patterns and styles and then we went digging for a bag with decent placement. Of course it was the last bag on the rack and these things are all locked. The poor CM had quite a mess after she and I were done, but we each bought bags. This is what I got…

1505524_10205457521865589_6811704270777696864_n.jpg

10311761_10205457520985567_6933809275949708692_n.jpg

DH’s assessment of Vera Bradley bags…”they look like wearable oven mits!”

Oh, and saw a cute Donald tee on the way out...

15598809377_7c1ffaa3e3_z.jpg

(oh yea, that's me!)

As I was about to get in the line to go and pay, DH found me a Donald hat that I loved…and almost convinced myself that I needed! I didn’t take a pic of it, but they had ones for all of the classic characters…showing their changes in animation style over the years. I don’t wear hats very often, so I couldn’t justify it.

I made it to the front of the line, but the CM asked if I minded waiting because there were some kids that wanted to pin trade. We were getting close to Osborne Lights time, but I’ve been the parent with kids who want to trade…so, I say SURE! It didn’t take too long, but ringing up my purchase did- OY! First there was confusion over getting me the Disney Visa discount…then there was confusion over having the bag delivered to my resort. Oh well, it all worked out and we were on our way.

While there was plenty of daylight when we entered the store, it was pretty much dark when we left…and I was starting to go into a bit of a panic. It wasn’t just about seeing Osborne Lights…I wanted to see the lights turn on. By the time we got over near Sci Fi, we were in a thick pack of people and we became this slow moving cluster. As usual, we were being funneled through by CMs with those orange wands. I was able to peak through as we got into that area over by Muppets and I could see it was wall to wall people. I remember turning to DH and saying that we’re not going to get into the lights in time due to the crowds and that I should have just held off on shopping. We had dinner ADRs at Yachtsman at 7:40, so we weren’t working with much time to begin with.

Right around this point, the audio portion of Osborne Lights started. I wasn’t very optimistic, but we kept pushing on. Here’s where we luck out and things feel sort of…well…magical. We make the turn and start making that final approach towards the first portion of the Streets of America. We still have a little bit of time before the lights flip on…but not much. We make our way in front of the area with the canopy…i.e. the end of the street looking up to the super tree and just to the left of the angels and globe…just as the lights turn on. It’s a fuzzy pic, but this is what I snapped as soon as I got over my shock that we made it just in time!

15598141549_43065eb784_z.jpg

I was misty from all of it, I was in shock that we made it, and I was doing everything I could to steady myself...but pic #2 didn't come out much better...

15598799527_8d58232d37_z.jpg

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
As I calmed down, my pics improved...

15785521702_4c2e5a7c91_z.jpg

15598781017_5d266f34f7_z.jpg

15599122860_3d79b3d825_z.jpg

And the bonus, the very first song for dancing…TSO’s Mad Russian Christmas…MY FAVE! So, now I’m all happy and snapping pics of lights like a mad woman…some better than others.

15598770807_7f15aa0e9d_z.jpg

15783910915_ddfc4d5e80_z.jpg

(he looks so much better in the dark)

15783908245_ec225d5869_z.jpg

15782041121_10f6dbecfa_z.jpg

15598491208_879de76be9_z.jpg

15163936994_fe901d84e3_z.jpg

15598060649_55d924b057_z.jpg

15164435953_c8a7ae126e_z.jpg

(OK...there's more from this night, but you get the idea)

We only had time to see the lights dance twice, but we got lucky with the 2nd dance as well. It was the new sequence from Nightmare Before Christmas. YAY US!!! OK, so now it’s time to bid farewell to the lights…for now. We will return!

Getting through the throngs of people was an epic task. I mean, it felt almost like trying to go against traffic after Wishes ends. Still, we made it through and made our way out of the park to the boats.

15782005661_4e8f63206c_z.jpg

15164429143_802bea2d9c_z.jpg

15598451898_6f178bed47_z.jpg

And then I took lots of awful pics on our way over to Yacht Club.

15598443508_6a1f023949_z.jpg

15783848105_217302f816_z.jpg

15164409473_678f8df82d_z.jpg

15783843975_27e657a2f7_z.jpg

When we arrived, the moon was rising and it looked spectacular. Of course my pics are subpar, but you can get an idea of how pretty it all was.

15785418632_a240843d15_z.jpg

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Did you ever see the Osborne Lights when they were on Residential Street? It was fantastic, and it really seemed like you were walking through a neighborhood, an over the top lighted-for-Christmas neighborhood, and it was wonderful. We still enjoy the lights a lot, but the old display was really amazing.

Here's where I kick myself for not taking full advantage of living in FL...well, at least back when things started. I remember Disney making the local news with Osborne Lights opening at MGM. I wanted to go see them, but nobody else wanted to go with me...and back then, I wasn't too keen on heading down there on my own. I regret not just packing up the car and making an overnight trip for the lights.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
So, we head into YC…

15598422448_cfbc2d1a17_z.jpg

15598419248_7d17ae7957_z.jpg

…but we have some time to spare, so we go shopping. I don’t think DH has been so agreeable about shopping in his life! He found this lovely Star Wars bowling set that he kind of liked.

15785404322_11757ff3ac_z.jpg

I wound up in a convo with some ladies about Disney Dooney bags. They had never seen them before, but were immediately intrigued. They really liked the ones on display and then I told them about the various retired and special patterns they might turn up on ebay. They were hooked!

We’re getting hungry at this point, so we decide to head over to Yachtsman. I remember getting a little lost even though we’ve passed it before. We eventually just followed the scent of beef! We had a little bit of a wait, so I snapped pics as we waited (shocking, I know!).

15781957251_727a171bc0_z.jpg

15783819785_b9f83ea97f_z.jpg

15598660097_a723573f9e_z.jpg

15760130436_014d88e61f_z.jpg

Something that really impressed us with Yachtsman was that they didn’t use pagers and didn’t call out names. They all just kind of knew who you were. And while we already checked out the aging meat on display, we were formally introduced to said meat before being seated.

15781945841_f369c44eec_z.jpg

The CM who seated us was a really sweet girl…said I reminded her of Sandra Bullock. I’ve never thought that, but it’s also not the first time I’ve heard it. Back in the 90s, especially when I wore my hair curly, I got a lot of Fran Drescher and Julia Louis-Dreyfus. What’s funny…this CM had never been to WDW until recently…was working 2 jobs (Yachtsman and some big commercial retailer- can’t recall which one) and was in school! WOW!

So, we’re seated and naturally I start taking pics of my surroundings. I was having issues with lighting in there, but isn’t that often the case?

15163856984_d890e1d21f_z.jpg

15597984089_b597ceaa02_z.jpg

I can’t remember our server’s name, but he was great! Super friendly and very funny! Which is interesting… so many people have warned me about stuffy servers at Yachtsman. Oh well, he was great. DH and I put in our drink orders…DH got a side car – which sort of became his signature drink of the trip. I wanted to try the smoked turkey. It sounded strong, but I’d heard good things. While we waited on our drinks, we got bread and butter…oh, and a glorious head of roasted garlic cloves.

15164360503_676718a88d_z.jpg

15785372432_75fb5a204e_z.jpg

I really want to try this with garlic at home since it was DELISH!

Shortly after this, our drinks came out. This was DH’s first of 2 or 3 side cars! He liked them just that much! I, on the other hand, had just 1 smoked turkey. I can’t say I loved it, but it was strong!

15597967169_560fd44a16_z.jpg

15163838694_bb19ec2953_z.jpg

Our server offered to swap it out with another drink, but this is what I ordered…and I was going to finish it even if it wasn’t a very me drink.

For appetizers, DH got the peekytoe crab stuffed donuts and I decided to make a side of truffle mac & cheese an app for me.

15598982720_4f0381097a_z.jpg

15597963269_20cb484746_z.jpg

My mac was good, but the donuts were amazing. While crab meat in general tends to be sweet, peekytoe is very sweet and went well with the donut. The donut itself was very interesting…you had the sugar to give it a heavy shot of sweetness, but then there’s Old Bay in there to give it savory notes and a little bit of spice.

We were worried because we were both feeling pretty full, but the show must go on and we must consume steaks! I got the filet and DH got the Kansas City. DH’s was very good…

15163830664_1e569bb269_z.jpg

Mine…well, mine was mind-blowingly awesome!!! It was perfection!

15163826744_11e6cf3d29_z.jpg

Even the mashed potatoes were amazing, but there was no way I could finish them. Our server praised me though, saying I remembered the most important rule of eating a steak dinner...Finish Your Steak!

The dinner was just so nice…all of us cracking jokes on and off…and wonderful food. It was certainly not the uptight experience I’ve heard you can get here and we’ll DEFINITELY return on future trips. No, it’s not cheap (but good steak never is), but it was soooooooooo worth it! Definitely the best steaks we've had at WDW.

So, we headed outside to call our girls and I shot a pic of Stormalong as we chatted. This was their first night without us for this trip, so they were both pretty sad. We talked for a while and then went on with our plans for the evening…head back into Epcot to catch Illuminations (after getting lost again trying to get out of Yacht Club).

15783771655_3eff4b5619_z.jpg

OK...that's it for tonight. More tomorrow ...we'll be heading into Epcot :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom