Trip Report MAY THE SPORK BE WITH YOU!!! - a Kid-Free F&W Trip Report

Hi all!!! Well, we’re back from our 6 kid-free days at WDW (yes, much sadness), but now I at least get to share our trip with all of you! If you’re new to my trip reports, my name is Sandy. I did a pre-trip report for this one, but it wasn’t exactly my best work…i.e. I neglected it much of the time. Bad Sandy! Oh well, the real report will be significantly better. I swear, this is probably one of my best trips to WDW- EVER!!!

As many of you know…my reports are heavily picture infused things…mainly because I take TONS of pics so you can “walk” along with me. I took close to 4,000 pics this time…some better than others…but all to help paint the full picture of this trip. I will get into all of the pictures and heavy duty Disney stuff, but first a little background on the days leading up to the trip. Sorry- not much in the way of pictures in this portion, but I promise you…there really are TONS of pictures to come.

So, it’s the evening of November 4th and I’m prepping for our departure on November 7th. DH gets home as I’m putting our girls to bed and informed me that his mom was coming by to talk to us. Ok, so I’m now freaking out. His mom was supposed to have the girls stay with her so we could go on vacation, so this didn’t sound good. We’ve also have really bad luck before all of our recent WDW trips. I think we’d all agree that the car accident last year was the worst, but I am starting to think we’re cursed. In any event, my MIL comes by and drops a bit of a bomb on us. It’s really sad and scary stuff…I’m not at liberty to share the details…but from a safety standpoint, we couldn’t have the girls stay with her at her house. Thankfully, she was willing to stay at our house- so the big problem was solved, but now I had to work in time to deep clean the house. I mean, I was planning on a light cleaning…but I had to pack for me as well as for the girls (school day stuff, softball stuff, etc.) + I had to make a birthday cake!

Many of you know me from the Cake Talk thread over in the dining section, but I also make my own custom cakes on the side. My younger one’s bday is Nov 6th, so I had to have a cake the day before we went out of town…and of course she wanted something crazy (gee, I wonder who encourages this kind of madness??? ;) ). She wanted a 'fluffy' killer whale cake…just like her furry Shamu-esque plush named “Shammie.” Thankfully, the cake was fairly easy…well, minus the nearly 7 tubs of black food coloring I needed to achieve black buttercream. So, here’s the finished product as well as a pic with my ‘model.’

15105530154_4d3d6101be_z.jpg

15540633410_b390bd4f00_z.jpg

Day 1

So, the house is clean, the cake is done and we’re pretty much packed…and it’s after midnight…so, it’s officially our departure day!!! Our flight from Houston Hobby was supposed to take off at 6:15am, so we had to leave the house around 4am. I got about 3 hours of sleep, packed up the car, said good-bye to the girls (who were still in bed- asleep - MIL was in the guest bedroom), and drove to the airport. The roads were dead, but the airport was surprisingly busy. It took a while to get through security, but we at least had a good laugh when checking our bags. The ladies helping us overheard that it was a kid free trip to Disney and they made sure everyone in the area knew we were heading there without the kids. Most of the people just looked really confused, but we got a good laugh.

After DH forgetting to empty his pockets at security and having some minor issues, we make our way out to the gate and wait. Hey, at least it looks like we’re going to be on time.

15721134116_2d92fb6622_z.jpg

Boarding and take off are pretty uneventful. I’m utterly exhausted and fall asleep shortly after. I mean, I tend to sleep on planes even when I’m well rested, but this was that uncontrollable … sort of passing out … kind of deep sleep. I didn’t sleep for the entire flight. In fact, I woke up to a lovely cloud filled sky…

15558965649_e7978f5385_z.jpg

Actually, shortly after this pic the clouds started to clear and I could tell we were approaching the Florida coastline…

15559416708_b0ba8c3a46_z.jpg

15124895804_6e5b2f0ec1_z.jpg

Ok, I actually took a series of pics as we approached. I guess this is the air equivalent of people taking pics of the state signs when crossing the state line on a road trip…

15558970619_5758715a2c_z.jpg

15744851845_37271be2ef_z.jpg

I also realized that we were flying over the Tampa/St Pete area. My parents lived just outside of St Pete for a few years after leaving Gainesville and before heading to the Ft. Lauderdale area. I took this pic because I noticed a large pink building right at the coastline. Anyone who knows this area knows this is the Don Cesar hotel. Unfortunately, even when cropping, blowing up and saturating the colors in the pic below…you can’t really see that there’s a big pink hotel…but it’s there- I swear it is!!!

15559691397_a7cb688a40_z.jpg

Now, I really enjoy being able to pick out familiar sites from the air. I regret not having my DSLR out with the telephoto hooked up for this, but you’re just going to have to take my word for it with the pics below. See, I usually can pick out Epcot from the air with no problem- in fact, it's why I intentionally sat us on this side of the plane. I mean, the “Swalphin” is super obvious and SSE kind of stands out. Still, for whatever reason, I couldn’t find them for the life of me. Then I spotted something…something I’ve never noticed before from the air. I’m sitting there thinking, “man, that white blob over there kind of reminds me of Space Mountain.” Then I realize the buildings I’m looking at to the right are BLT and the Contemporary!!! And while it was more a white blip from the air…I could see…THE CASTLE!!! And as my eyes adjusted and started picturing the WDW map in my head, I realized I could see the Poly, the GF, and yes…I was also able to pick out SSE and the Swalphin too! I could see all of this until shortly before landing. Talk about WELCOME HOME!!! I'll share one of these pics, but it's really tough to spot any of this...

15742948251_c0b2b0bf94_z.jpg

I tried cropping and zooming, but it’s still really hard to pick them out…but I swear they are there!
So, landing was uneventful and we were soon ready for the first “ride” of our trip.

15786080132_a1c573680e_z.jpg

15786077812_4d55c3535d_z.jpg

Kind of sad...I am now using the DSLR (vs my phone), but I'm so jittery from excitement that I can't take a decent shot!

I also had temporary amnesia…or magical euphoric memory loss (your pick)…and forgot where to find DME. Of course, the jetways now have it labeled on there…but I guess I also had some selective blindness upon arrival. So, I sucked it up, went to Information, and got directions to DME. I was kind of embarrassed, but clearly I needed the help. At least the info was correct…

15786075722_8f80bceeb0_z.jpg

As we get down to the ground level and start heading towards the DME area, I start seeing DME and DCL buses…and I’ll admit it, I got kind of misty. Thankfully, DH didn’t notice because I would have been mocked considerably. We had our magic bands on, so getting through everything was a breeze. In fact, the only tough part was convincing DH that our checked baggage would be delivered to our hotel. It’s like he’s never been to WDW before!!! We’re directed to line 2 and make our way all the way to the front.

15599083698_069b6c63e9_z.jpg

We’re the only ones there and it kind of looks like we just missed a bus for our grouping of resorts. Just then the CMs manning that section of lines asked which resort we were headed to for our trip. I said we’re going to the Poly and magically, they opened the ropes and led us out to a bus. Sadly, it was a magical yellow Mears bus, but hey…it would get us where we needed to go.

15786065312_56b5300a1a_z.jpg

Although, I was kind of jealous with all of the DCL buses around us…just something about having the Disney labeling on the bus. OK- feeling quite shallow right about now!

15599673840_09c0b70d1a_z.jpg

Still, I really can’t complain…we were on a bus, that bus was nearly full and about ready to go. I think we waited less than 5 minutes to start heading towards the resorts. This was also our first time seeing the new DME video and can I just say…I HATE IT!

15782627781_b6f1dd5e43_z.jpg

Before ever crossing onto Disney property, we saw a sign that Disney was near!

15782619541_40b2729c6a_z.jpg

Yeah- the Characters in Flight balloon is kind of a give-a-way that Disney is near! Shortly after spotting the balloon, one of the best views on earth came into sight…

15760802106_e432775984_z.jpg

15784481195_c639c6a9a0_z.jpg

I was obviously not in a good seat to snap any good pics, but I think most of us know that we were getting ready to pass under the Maingate!!! I remember being really frustrated after this as well. I wanted to check in on Facebook, basically confirming that we’re officially “inside the MAGIC BUBBLE,” but it wasn’t until we were farther in that I was able to get ‘Walt Disney World” to come up as a check in option. i.e. I didn’t want any of the parks or resorts. OK- minor annoyance…I know!

More to come on Day 1! Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Now, I don’t know about the rest of you, but we’ve never been the first stop on DME. Today would be no exception. First we stopped at Ft. Wilderness…

15599064408_046ccc8281_z.jpg

15598650769_66282884ac_z.jpg

Yeah…I think 1 person got off at this stop. Next up was Wilderness Lodge…great, now I get to hear DH telling me how much he enjoyed WL. Yeah, I’m still not a big fan. Don't get me wrong, the lobby is truly impressive and there are some aspects of the lodge that I do enjoy...I just don't get that warm welcoming feeling when I'm there.

15599652980_51c51e167c_z.jpg

15599648210_97d9b71374_z.jpg

15598634429_9225852dcb_z.jpg

Surprisingly, very few people got off at WL. WL gets so much love on the forums, but I think one family on our bus was there for WL. At this point, I was kind of wondering where we’d head next. Would we get to the light at World and Timberline and turn right towards the Contemporary? Would we go straight and stop at the GF before the Poly? Or would we go straight and turn into the Poly? I’ll let the pictures below reveal the next stop…

15786030352_f47fa3d3cf_z.jpg

15598623039_9a1339bbb7_z.jpg

ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHA!!!!!!!!

Now, if you didn’t follow my PTR or any of my forum posts in the resorts/hotels section, you’re probably asking yourself why we’d brave the Poly when it’s a construction zone. No, we’re not mega Poly fans and we’ve never stayed at the Poly prior to this trip. I was originally booked at the Contemporary- my personal favorite and had considered switching to BW (for the Jersey Girl in me), but when room discounts came out for our dates…the Poly was the only thing I could get for the 30% off rate. I know some people would still avoid it, but let’s be honest…the Poly rooms are still huge, the rooms open for guests are pointed away from the construction, and the convenience you get with the Poly is still there. I’ve also been into the Poly MANY times, so I know what she looked like before this massive overhaul started…i.e. it doesn’t really diminish the resort vibe for me.

Ok, so we’re off DME…spotted our first monorail, checking out a few details, and about to get our leis.

15599282767_eb3650d5d2_z.jpg

15165001483_f8ef86359b_z.jpg

15164484574_c5c375fb03_z.jpg

We’re quickly taken inside to finalize our check in details…and naturally I try and snap a pic of Boutiki in the process.

15599268337_77282a17e1_z.jpg

So, the good news…our room is ready and we’re in Rarotonga! I couldn’t decide between Samoa and Rarotonga. I tried changing it on my online check-in details, but it reflected both. So, I figured we’d be happy if we ended up in one of those 2 longhouses. A side-note here too…I always see posts and reports from people saying their rooms aren’t ready when they arrive. I always put in an arrival time on the early side and our rooms are ALWAYS ready! In fact, the only negative thing about check-in…and it would be days before I realized it…the CM wished us a happy anniversary (put it in our celebrations), but neglected us to give us the red anniversary buttons. Oh well…it’s a fairly minor issue in the grand scheme of things.

So, we head to our room and the customary Mickey ear towels are waiting for us at the foot of the bed.

15599262967_04604db960_z.jpg

I even added our leis to it for one shot.

15598577459_f813066ae3_z.jpg

So, I take a number of pics of the room, including a mirror selfie.

15599597900_bfd4805858_z.jpg

15782546241_8207a995be_z.jpg

15784409035_2d1ec9d7db_z.jpg

15599241307_44da885e09_z.jpg

Yeah…while it was quite cool when we left Houston, I was happy I had the forethought to put on my tumbling Mickey tee underneath my sweatshirt…as it was warmer in FL.

I also had to check out our balcony view. I know lots of people would prefer the quiet pool over the monorail, but being able to see the monorail through the dense foliage just kind of screamed, “You’re staying at Disney’s Polynesian Resort!!!”

15784419905_e80122fa81_z.jpg

I also took these sign pics to kind of illustrate the convenience of Rarotonga. I was standing in the middle of the walkway outside of our longhouse…Rarotonga on my right and the GCH on my left (looking towards MK ... if there weren't a bunch of things obstructing my view). Yes, it’s just that convenient. All you have to do is head upstairs to grab the monorail or walk to the bus stop right near the front of the longhouse if you need a bus.

15599234017_8d94b417dd_z.jpg

15598976878_009ffd2157_z.jpg

Coming up...more day 1!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Looking forward to your report!! Totally love that it's a kid free trip. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but like you, we loved our kid free trip to Disney

Thanks! It's funny...I love being there with the kids, but being kid free took out so much of the day to day stress. I could easily go off and do my own thing and we were just so efficient when it came to touring and overall plans. That being said, we've been informed (by the girls) that we're not permitted to take any future kid free trips. We'll see about that!

Can't wait for more to come :)

Thanks! Will try to be good about posting updates :)

Love the SWA photos!

Thanks! It helps how they mark their wings :)

Yay! You started your report! So glad you had a wonderful time and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Thanks! Lots to share about this one :)

coachwnh

Thanks! It's funny...I love being there with the kids, but being kid free took out so much of the day to day stress. I could easily go off and do my own thing and we were just so efficient when it came to touring and overall plans. That being said, we've been informed (by the girls) that we're not permitted to take any future kid free trips. We'll see about that!
Having that flexibility is great! In May, my wife decided she wanted to relax at the resort and I wanted to ride EE at AK. So off I went, did single rider until I was lightheaded, then headed back to GF. NO stress!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Starting back up from where I left off on bus stop convenience...

15784389075_90a08e02ec_z.jpg

(took this when I was marveling at the distance between our longhouse and the GCH)

And it turns out, we do need a bus! The plan was to hit DHS first. I really have no idea why we planned it this way. I mean, I wanted to see Osborne Lights switch on for the first time this season (well, for the general public), but that wasn’t until around 6pm and it was only about 11am. Still, I was stoked that everything was going as planned and we were right on time for my ideal schedule for the day. So, I took some monorail track pics and started on my customary “the lighting fixtures of Disney” pics while we waited.

15598561509_bc861dd35a_z.jpg

(I know you've all missed my photographic accounts of lighting design and diversity at WDW)

15598960528_649c59b9ba_z.jpg

We were actually kind of warm during the wait and there were very few areas that weren’t in the sun. It was kind of cool though because they had RunDisney reps at the bus stop. They were helping runners for the races and race events, but it gave me some insight into how it will be should I run the Princess Half in 2016. It was a while before we saw a bus, and the first bus we saw wound up being a disappointment for the bulk of the waiting crowd…

15164936083_4b92d63c6b_z.jpg

(the & is Blizzard Beach)

Right after that, a DHS bus arrived and we were on our way! I was all sorts of giddy and failed to take any pics along the way, but I started up as soon as we arrived. I was a little disappointed that the park wasn’t decorated for the holidays. I mean, I knew MK would be decorated because of MVMCP, but I really thought DHS might since it hosts Osborne Lights. As you can see…no tree.

15599209567_0e759c3b73_z.jpg

(I know-I know...I would have seen it on here first had DHS been decorated at this point)

Either way, it’s a nice sunny day and we’re headed into the park.

15782499311_b008e1ee64_z.jpg

15784363565_4d0097f90c_z.jpg

15599202697_664142fb03_z.jpg

One of the guys at bag check also made a joke about my camera...something about pirates not liking it when you bring Canons into the park. LOL

I figured I had to shoot a pic of the hat before it’s gone.

15598535439_7c0a65d4e5_z.jpg

I've never loved the hat...probably since I've been going to the park since the pre-hat days, but I didn't hate it either.

DH tried to take pics of me…but he is just not the best with the camera. In other words…I hate all of the pics he takes of me.

15746407172_a011e04065_z.jpg

Like I said, I hate the pic...and I mean HATE! I'm sharing it because it at least illustrates my bag situation. Yes, I'm a dork and carrying 2 cross body bags. The Disney Dooney charms bag has my phone and my wallet...the IASW leSportsac Kasey has my other 2 lenses. So, consider this to be a bit of foreshadowing. Yes, I will be going in search of a bag that's small enough to be comfy in the parks, a crossbody, but also big enough to hold all of this.

As for the picture quality... Case in point, I took some selfies of me on the balcony a little later in the day and those are markedly better!

15560046990_24c113f3da_z.jpg

(not vain or anything!)

Oh well...I took pics as we walked into the park...

15599537450_38ed47d701_z.jpg

15599193127_b5fb292875_z.jpg

15760664506_19e46cb2ff_z.jpg

I knew we’d be hungry, but I didn’t want to book any lunch ADRs. I just have this fear of having flight or first day transport issues and wind up missing it. Still, I wanted something table service-esque, so we headed to the lounge at HBD. I didn’t realize that the lounge opened at noon. It was shortly before noon and there was a line that had formed for the lounge. Thankfully, we were able to get one of the last open tables in the lounge! I say thankfully as there was a pretty significant wait after we were all seated.

They were slammed and service was slow until they were able to get more CMs to the lounge, so I took pics of lights and some other details!

15599188507_d352014797_z.jpg

15164399594_6b95650e88_z.jpg

15760655976_e4fd9b4c85_z.jpg

15599179667_20d269c5f5_z.jpg

15598917788_fd9216643d_z.jpg

15760642666_aaf4a7c4f7_z.jpg

OK...stopping for the night. Will pick back up tomorrow with food and drinks for day 1 lunch.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Happy Sunday Disney people! Just bought a new tent and watching some football...I know, totally random! OK-Picking up where I left off...HBD Lounge...

It took a while, but we put in our drink order and started with a martini flight and a flight of the Macallan.

15599508350_32328943d3_z.jpg

15599506080_09fde21aec_z.jpg

The scotch flight came with little cards for each pour.

15760636826_49d817e2be_z.jpg

15164884343_06dae16313_z.jpg

15164882073_f8cb73791c_z.jpg

The drinks were great, but things were going pretty slowly with ordering and we hadn't eaten anything yet that day...so, we were both feeling the drinks a little more than usual. We did get the charcuterie (to start) to go with the drinks...and thankfully it came out about halfway through our respective flights.

15599495660_ce7d8eea84_z.jpg

15598483079_8762f81eae_z.jpg

DH was thrilled with his scotch flight. I was pretty good with my martinis, but that gin martini was the hardest to down out of the three. The charcuterie was AWESOME!!! The duck, the cheese, the pate, the breads…HEAVEN! I still dream about the bleu cheese! YUM!

I also found myself taking some pics of what I could see of Osborne Lights. Yes, I’m an Osborne Lights JUNKIE!!! I mean, I got excited last September just to see it in set up stages, but knowing that I'd be seeing them that night - fully illuminated = AMAZING!!!!

15598900418_a1179156c4_z.jpg

It’s also an interesting area to people watch and…well…eavesdrop. I was amazed at how many people approached HBD and asked if they could redeem snack or counter service credits for a meal. I know not everyone is as in the know as many of us are, but seriously people…research!!! I hate seeing people buy into DDP and not understand what they’ve bought. Even if it was free dining...if you bank on that to save $ on your trip, know the provisions of the plan. END RANT!

OK- I’ll jump down off of my soap box (for now). Well, it’s really so I can get to more important things… like FOOD! We ordered the “famous” cobb salad and the Wagyu beef/duck confit sliders.

15599145547_889a06d5cb_z.jpg

15782429841_caafe7834a_z.jpg

DH wasn’t impressed with the salad (mainly because he was confused about what made it a Cobb salad and insisted I was wrong), but I enjoyed it. The duck confit slider was good, but it was the Wagyu beef slider that was AMAZING. I would have been very happy with the full sized version of that burger. It ranks as one of the best burgers I’ve ever eaten.

A thing of beauty!

15782427841_80b944fc9c_z.jpg

Not too bad either...

15760609206_08e7f976be_z.jpg

I also want to note that the CM serving us was Fonzie. He was super sweet, but I guess he’s also one of the more tenured CMs and a fan favorite. I know I posted about him in a thread in the dining section and at least one or two members were very happy to see where he’s working these days.

All in all, DH and I are mixed on HBD. I ate there a long LONG time ago with my family and loved it, so I went in with high expectations. I was pretty satisfied, but DH is still bitter about the salad. I dismiss his assessments/opinions for this one since they are largely based in ignorance. LOL! So, high marks for HBD's lounge.

So, we finish up at HBD and are ready to head off for our first FP+.

15164344844_768d049ebb_z.jpg

15598455939_db1fe100e2_z.jpg

We were afraid we wouldn’t make it as our window ending time was near, but we wound up being good- even with some time to spare along the way. Yup, I even spent a little time making Mickey's with the bathroom tiles.

15598463629_e493c02086_z.jpg

15599468360_4a2802114e_z.jpg

Saw this along the way...yeah, still totally giddy!!!

15785856192_9c9b5175bf_z.jpg

We were heading towards Star Tours and found some yummy looking drinks along the way.

15164331504_102af8f2b8_z.jpg

DH also found a wookie!

15164840763_677d6bc518_z.jpg

15782402881_c26c5c2528_z.jpg

I really wanted him to buy it, but he just couldn’t justify it. Whatever!

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
We also had a kid free trip to the F&W and had a great time. Went about a week too early and missed the Lights. Looking forward to more of your report and photos!

It's funny...I was originally pushing for us to go in October, but I took a new job that kept me anchored to the office for pretty much all of October. I can't complain though...I got to go to WDW and got to see the Lights as a result. Thanks for reading :)

I missed you by a day or so? AND we would have been neighbors!! The Poly wasn't at her best but she still had alot of charm!! :)

It's going to be a while before I wrap day 1 (since I'm clearly so concise and like to give brief summaries of my days ;) ), but there will be a picture and a nod to how we would have been neighbors at the end of the day 1 pics/verbiage.

I honestly didn't have any issues with the Poly. I mean, I've been in there many times prior to the construction, wandered the grounds, watched Wishes from the beach, etc. So, the only thing that would have made me hate it was if I had any beef with my room or longhouse in general. No gripes there :) I still don't think I can call it "home," but it's not a bad thing. I'll get into more of that at the end :)

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Having that flexibility is great! In May, my wife decided she wanted to relax at the resort and I wanted to ride EE at AK. So off I went, did single rider until I was lightheaded, then headed back to GF. NO stress!

Was just thinking about this...while I haven't gotten to this part of my report, I'll offer a little bit of foreshadowing. Let's just say that I'm quite jealous that you were able to ride EE, and ride it so many times.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Before I continue with day 1, I was alerted by @DisneyDebNJ that I have failed to acknowledge Princess Lapu Lapu! I am so sorry! I feel almost like it's that portion of the Tiki Room where the Gods have been angered. OK, now that we've brought the princess on board...back to day 1...

So, we head onto Star Tours and once inside…we’re moving so quickly that I can never stand still long enough to get any clear pics. Still, you can clearly see we’re there…

15164831573_3b0dcd4bf3_z.jpg

15599104657_fe691b0e6c_z.jpg

15784261625_e88a6f0be4_z.jpg

15784258975_9438941b79_z.jpg

15164819993_3c714ef9c5_z.jpg

15598428339_ca69664035_z.jpg

I’ve seen the Star Wars movies countless times, but I can never tell you where we went on our Star Tours journey. I do know the first half was one we haven’t done in some time…so that made both of us happy. I think the first half had snow and the second half, we were under water. Oh well...fun ride!

We went into this trip with a few shopping goals…and one of them needed to be fulfilled as soon as we were done riding the ride. We promised our girls that we’d build them lightsabers. The line wasn’t very long, but it takes a little while since it’s a more personal experience. So, I took pics as we waited.

15782382811_513b7566a3_z.jpg

15164813493_aaa891567c_z.jpg

15782378421_146c08b0cc_z.jpg

15782375721_d960ca0839_z.jpg

Before it was our turn, the woman ahead of us took a ton of pics of her son with the CM who helped him build his. I watched some of the process and this was clearly one of those CMs who gets so much joy out of what he does. We lucked out and he helped us build ours as well. I believe his name was George and he was from somewhere out in west Texas. He explained each and every little piece, put such great care into making each one look very cool and very different, plus he showed us tips for fixing the handles and replacing the batteries. I can only imagine how awesome this would have been if the girls were with us and having him help them build them. I think I actually hugged him...just such a fun experience!

After building the lightsabres, we walked around the shop just to check out all of the fun merch.

15599082337_3102f6e2a6_z.jpg

15760551396_1929895827_z.jpg

15599075507_aae60d2c4d_z.jpg

15164284634_ebe25ee811_z.jpg

15784229175_80e379e41f_z.jpg

It occurred to us that we never get to do this when the kids are there. Like most kids, they ask for everything and the answer is almost always no…so we normally try to rush through gift shops.

In fact, you’re going to see a lot more gift shop/merch pics this trip for this very reason.

We went up to pay for the lightsabres, but wound up buying a stupid plush Ewok keychain on top of that just to qualify for the 10% Disney Visa discount. I’ll spare you the pic of the Ewok.

Oh, and it wouldn't be a post from me without some lighting...

15760541286_266e3bdb15_z.jpg

15599407090_1a680f91ca_z.jpg

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Our next FP+ is Muppets, so we decide to head that way, but I insist on a detour. Have I mentioned that I’m an Osborne Lights junkie? Well, I decided to take some daytime pics.

15598808728_76e0b49914_z.jpg

15599402580_b19d09c9f4_z.jpg

15760532356_2b514fa708_z.jpg

Let there be LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15760529666_67d7bd4583_z.jpg

15784208395_f41d32f598_z.jpg

I also did the one thing I shouldn’t have done. I saw lots of posts from the CM preview that nobody had found the purple cat. I’m not sure if they were lying, just didn’t find it or if they waited to add it for the general public. All I know is that I decided to look for it in broad daylight…and I found it.

15785777062_b4806c2d67_z.jpg

It kind of loses its luster when you’re not hunting for it at night.

So, we leave the lights and walk by Phineas and Ferb. We still enjoy them, but it’s kind of sad how their popularity is waning (at least that's how it looked when we were there). They had next to no line.

15598783738_4eb0f89585_z.jpg

OK…so heading back to Muppets…

15164757313_5c54e73977_z.jpg

15599032747_d9f4841f20_z.jpg

15782319901_1ef39910e9_z.jpg

15599026697_c46bdcb29b_z.jpg

15599364450_a1016c01bd_z.jpg

We get inside and the preshow is PACKED! I can’t remember ever seeing it this crowded. Not that you can tell from the pics below, but it’s wall to wall people.

15599361930_11be096c9b_z.jpg

15784171225_a50312b618_z.jpg

15782303371_7e78caa056_z.jpg

Even the theater seating was almost completely occupied. And I’m ashamed to admit it, but I slept through 85% of the show. I was just sooooooooooooooooooo tired! I was at least awake for the Beaker portion…love Beaker!

And now we’re on our way out of Muppets and debating about heading towards our next FP+ … RnR!

15599011307_a330833c7f_z.jpg

15164219884_e1369d3175_z.jpg

I got a little sidetracked…something about the lure of carrot cake cookies that just couldn’t be avoided!

15784163405_2267354e54_z.jpg

15785736592_50d53ca5d1_z.jpg

I liked it, but didn’t love it…and I love carrot cake. I think I’d like it better if the cookie portion were more cookie like and less cake like. I did learn that they do freeze well...for those of you who want to buy them and take them home for later. Still…it’s a good snack!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom