1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Trip Report May 2017 Caribbean Beach Resort/ Flower & Garden Trip **COMPLETED**

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Reports' started by myhappyplace, May 6, 2017.

1. myhappyplace

myhappyplace Well-Known Member Original Poster

We understand ;)
    This wouldn't be my only time, either!!

MinnieM123, littleroo and Tuvalu like this.
  2. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

Never noticed the derby lamps in the Brown Derby. :facepalm:
    We saw the same historians later in the week and heard the same Falcons joke. :joyfull:
    Phil from 50s Prime Time reminds me so much of my late grandfather. Phil has worked there for a long time.....and was working last week when we were there. :p

littleroo likes this.
  3. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

Forgot to add......the pictures with the chocolate Derby hat are a hoot!!!

littleroo and Tiggerish like this.
  4. myhappyplace

I didn't notice them myself, until we were done with our meal, and DH said that on the way out we should get a pic of them. I literally still didn't even see them until I was standing under one :facepalm:
    That's funny about the historians! There were 2 different ones in February.

They are still quite entertaining to me too!! :D

littleroo and Tuvalu like this.
  5. PacNWTigger

PacNWTigger Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed your tree pics at AK. I'm sure you could be at that tree all day and still not find all of the animals. I am finally all caught up though, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your great pics!

littleroo likes this.
  6. myhappyplace

Thank you, that was a group effort as well! I absolutely agree, I mean we were looking 3 separate times, and still didn't see them all-it's such an amazing work of art!

More coming up!

PacNWTigger and littleroo like this.
  7. myhappyplace

Wednesday, May 3rd- Magic Kingdom!! (finally!)

It seemed so odd to me that it wasn't until Day 5 really, if you count arrival day, that we were going to MK, my favorite park! Definitely not DH's. MK had evening EMH this night- we weren't sure how late we would stay though.

On the way to the bus stop this morning, there was lots of things going on. Carrying things up the stairs, unloading trucks, etc.
    [​IMG]

These items were piled by the trash can, so I wondered if they were trash. I briefly entertained taking them!!
    [​IMG]

I think these were murphy beds?
    [​IMG]

As we continued our walk to Jamaica's bus stop, we saw the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol2 bus. DH's latest pasttime has been to tease me about ToT turning into a GotG ride...
    [​IMG]

As we traveled around the resort to pick up at other bus stops, we could see the fences going up, and indeed Barbados island bus stop was closed.
    [​IMG]

Soon enough, though, we were at my happy place!! And can I say how GLORIOUS it is to be able to see the Mickey face and not 1002 people in front of the train station at arrival?! I was so happy with the security change!! Made for a nice easy entrance, and a beautiful view!
    [​IMG]

DH capturing me taking the above photo
    [​IMG]

We walked down Main Street, which wasn't very busy yet, though it was just a bit after opening. I liked this bird sitting so blatantly in front of the sign
    [​IMG]

It was shaping up to be a beautiful day! Though we could tell it would be quite warm, like the forecast said.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We enjoyed a nice leisurely stroll, taking pictures of details we could see, as we turned left right after Casey's. We always turn left!
    [​IMG]

I don't think I'd ever noticed these skulls before! DH found them
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I took a picture of the Tiki Room, even though we wouldn't get there today.
    [​IMG]

This is where we were heading
    [​IMG]

The wait was short!
    [​IMG]

Since it was so short, they told us to go in either direction. When we got down to the boat, we were the only ones there, and the CM put us in the front row. So we sat. Then he said "actually, I'm going to give you guys your own boat, so I'll need you to change to row 3" No problem. DH said he thought that meant the CM wanted us to be "amorous". :rolleyes:

The CM apologized and seemed to feel bad that he had us move, when it was really no issue whatsoever. So he gave us these:
    [​IMG]

According to DH, these were an "awful" thing to get because it was too much pressure to figure out what to use it on and when! :rolleyes::p He didn't want to use it on something that didn't have a really long wait. We didn't use them today, but would by week's end.

We had a nice boat ride, though I did get splashed pretty significantly by a cannonball. We did keep checking all of the Captain Jack animatronics to see if any were really Johnny Depp. They weren't.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  8. myhappyplace

Next up, we had a FP for the Mine Train. We passed through Frontierland, and noticed that only Chip was meeting at the moment. (Later we would see both chipmunks out)
    [​IMG]

I also demanded pics at the stockade.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We mentioned how neither of us has ridden the Liberty Belle, and that we should. We never did end up doing it.
    [​IMG]

We arrived at 7DMT, and look what I got in the FP queue!
    [​IMG]

We talked about what we should do for the on ride photos, and I said I would be happy with just a smile because in our last trip's Mine Train Photo, DH looked very unhappy (he wasn't) so he started early. Like before the train even took off.
    [​IMG]

Apparently it didn't stick :p
    [​IMG]

After the ride, we went back over to Liberty Square-I wanted to see if the Great Moments in American History with the Muppets was the other show that I haven't seen. We caught the second half, but it wasn't. So DH took some pics while I watched anyway. Someday I will see that Paul Revere one!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We had a little time before our next FP at Splash, so we wandered around and in the Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe.
    [​IMG]

I was inside looking at ornaments, when DH got my attention and called me outside behind the store. I was surprised to find Mary Poppins, by herself except for a handler. She told me to hold the umbrella handle, if you're wondering. And she asked if DH was a gentleman, and I told her most of the time.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was so special! When we walked away, there was still no one else coming back there, and we could hear Mary talking with her handler, perfectly in character even when no one was really around. It made me smile- Disney magic at its best :D

[​IMG]

We enjoyed our next ride, Splash, which we used a FP for. We didn't get too wet; and where we did, it was just in our face, and on our upper bodies, so we were okay with that. I just didn't really want it to run along the back of the seat and get our butts wet.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  9. littleroo

littleroo Well-Known Member

Beautiful pictures!!! I Truly!!

10. myhappyplace

What little wet we did get, we were dry by the time we walked back to Liberty Square for lunch, our first time ever at Liberty Tree Tavern!!
    [​IMG]

The themeing is right up my alley, I love reading books set in this era!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like the wavy glass windowpanes
    [​IMG]

We also really liked the triangular plates for some reason
    [​IMG]

We went with the Patriot's Platter. We started with a salad and rolls, both yummy. I always make the mistake of eating so much of both, and that still was the case, but I really liked both.
    [​IMG]

My plate (turkey, stuffing, gravy, potatoes, mac & cheese, pot roast, and pork.
    [​IMG]

DH's plate (plus corn, minus pork)
    [​IMG]

The pot roast was delicious!! I'm not quite prepared to say it is as good as 50s Prime Time Cafe, I do believe further testing may be required :D I also really loved the potatoes! All in all, there wasn't anything I didn't like (other than corn, which I don't like)

And FINALLY, I got to have Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake, and it lived up to any hype I've heard!
    [​IMG]

All in all, I was really pleased with LTT, and would definitely eat here again, as would DH. We decided to head out of the park for a bit for a break, though we meandered slowly out.

My shirt pretty much summed it up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Near the Fire Station, we encountered the Dapper Dans, so of course we had to watch! We enjoyed their set!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just some shots on the way out (for now)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This would be one of our longer waits for the bus, but we were entertained by an older woman on a scooter who thought she was entering the queue for CBR, but was actually one away. No big deal, except when she tried to exit the queue and come over to the right one, she ran into the post and under the chain and was sort of stuck, so DH went over to help her out.

Will pick up again tomorrow, with the remainder of our Magic Kingdom day. Thanks for reading!

Last edited: May 17, 2017 at 5:19 PM
  11. myhappyplace

Thank you! It was beautiful in there!

littleroo likes this.
  12. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

The CM at Pirates made you move from the first row to the third row (middle) in order to "balance" the boat with weight. The same thing happened to Em and me on one of our Pirate rides.

You have a better chance of seeing the Paul Revere sketch at the 10:55 am show or in the afternoon.

Told ya Ooey Gooey Cake rocks! :D

Ciara, WDWDarling, Tiggerish and 4 others like this.
  13. MRGEFF

MRGEFF Well-Known Member

No, I don't think it's at all weird to take pix in the ladies room ( simply because I've done too ). Some of them are too pretty and very nicely decorated not to. Enjoying the TR and I'm only on the first day.

littleroo and bee like this.
  14. Tiggerish

Tiggerish Resident Redhead Premium Member

But it looks like you're riding on the butterfly while it's in flight! That's cool!

I'm really glad this was one of your goals--the photos are fantastic! I love the butterfly house and have been known to spend a lot of time there.

I think I've met that guy, too, near a bench in the UK where I was eating French fries, and he seemed to think "one for you, one for me"!

littleroo likes this.
  15. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

Following!!! The lights are beautiful!! I'm thankful for these reports, even when friends post FB photos you don't really see too many details of the resorts. Great photos!!

littleroo likes this.
  16. joshsprincess921

joshsprincess921 Well-Known Member

Your pictures are so pretty!

littleroo likes this.
  17. PrincessNelly_NJ

PrincessNelly_NJ Well-Known Member

Im really enjoying your trip report! Following along!

littleroo likes this.
  18. myhappyplace

We figured it had to do with weight distribution, it was just so funny (to me) that he really thought he was putting us out by having us move, and to give us the FP when it was no trouble at all to move. Not that we didn't appreciate them of course!

Ah, I will make note of this.

Yes it surely does! I could definitely see myself going back for lunch again sometime.

Good!! I've taken them a time or two in the past, myself, if they especially fit the theme. Thank you for reading!

Well, that was our goal, except DH didn't think that turned out as well as it could because I was standing on the butterfly's wing and not his body.

Thanks for the compliments!

I was even narrating the little ****** "you have anything for me, huh, huh, do ya? How 'bout you? You gotta have something for me! No, okay, I'll ask this guy..."

Thank you much!

Thank you!

Glad to have you, thank you!

littleroo and Tuvalu like this.
  19. myhappyplace

Magic Kingdom, continued

When we returned, it dawned on me that I had wanted to try to meet Merida, but we were too late. No worries, it just goes on my "next time" list. We did do another thing next that I hadn't done in awhile: Teacups! We got in a very short standby queue, but quite a line formed right behind us, so the CM needed to change the chains to reconfigure the queue. This took several minutes and several tries. I can't say much, I'd never be able to figure it out, but it was like a challenging puzzle for this poor girl. Finally she got it, so we had to walk a long queue even though we were first in line. No worries, was just amusing.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was in charge of spinning at first. I didn't want to go too fast because I didn't know how DH would like it, but after awhile he said "lemme show you how to spin" and...
    [​IMG]

Next up was a FP for Peter Pan...and mind you, I'm not complaining but I do miss that when you have a FP you miss out on the queue through the Darlings' bedroom. This was the only pic I took, just to remind me what we did when.
    [​IMG]

We did have a major goal this evening, and this was to get our photo made with the Tangled lantern. Might be silly to some, but this movie holds a special place in my heart, as I saw it for the first time on one of my first visits with DH, before I moved in, and "I See the Light" was our wedding song. We sat in the area we thought it would be in, and then overheard someone ask a passing CM, so found the exact line. There were some people already waiting, so we hopped in line. They began photos at 8:00, and it took us only 15-20 minutes.

Here is an obligatory shot of the area while we waited, because I can never have too many of these beauties!
    [​IMG]

And, my most favoritest picture of DH and I EVER
    [​IMG]
    *sigh*

The photos appeared on my app right away, and I couldn't have been happier!
    We decided next to join the throngs of people on Main Street for Wishes. Crazy, yes, but I thought it was going to be my last time seeing them. It was crazy crazy busy. We found a standing spot for 2 near the Plaza Ice Cream. We watched one tiny little older lady wheedle her way through the crowd several times looking for her family. She stepped over top of people, moved people's bags and things to get by, you name it.

[​IMG]

I really like how this turned out (idea stolen from Pinterest):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2017 at 5:22 PM
  20. ajrwdwgirl

ajrwdwgirl Well-Known Member

Such a nice picture of you and your hubs in the Tangled picture.:)