May 2015

sbkline

Our next trip is May 2015, and our most recent trip was April 2013. Sounds like several changes since our last visit, and I think it's about time for me to start asking some questions regarding the changes so I can be ready for May.

I have a couple friends from work who are down there right now as I type this. I got a text message from one of them today that they are no longer offering the photo-pass disc and that you have to download the pictures online. I am no computer whiz and all I use is a chrome book, so I'm not sure how easy or difficut this will be. Can I just get home from my trip and log in and order a CD from the website? Do I have to order each picture individually?

How far out can I book my fastpass plus rides? We are staying in an off property condo this time around, but as of right now, I still have my deposit down on my Disney Resort. I booked a resort with the initial plans of staying onsite, but then found the condo for cheaper. However, I wanted to stay booked at the WDW resort until I get to my 180+10 point so I can book all of my dining ressies, then cancel the resort 10 days later. But the thought crossed my mind of keeping my resort booking until I can make my FP+ ressies, then cancel it after that, but I'm not sure I will do that. But how far out can I book my FP+ either way, on property and off property and what is the website for that?

If I am staying off property, I understand that I may purchase the wristbands if I want, but is there anything special about the wristbands as opposed to traditional ticket media, since I will be staying offiste and will not need them to open my room door or do the dining plan.

Back to the photo-pass question, I saw a while back that the restaraunts that formerly offered a photo-package are no longer doing so. But do they still take your picture so that you can access it back home on the website? In the case of Cinderella's Royal Table, has the price dropped since we are no longer receiving the complementary photo-package as part of the pre-paid price?

ToTBellHop

Our next trip is May 2015, and our most recent trip was April 2013. Sounds like several changes since our last visit, and I think it's about time for me to start asking some questions regarding the changes so I can be ready for May.

I have a couple friends from work who are down there right now as I type this. I got a text message from one of them today that they are no longer offering the photo-pass disc and that you have to download the pictures online. I am no computer whiz and all I use is a chrome book, so I'm not sure how easy or difficut this will be. Can I just get home from my trip and log in and order a CD from the website? Do I have to order each picture individually?

How far out can I book my fastpass plus rides? We are staying in an off property condo this time around, but as of right now, I still have my deposit down on my Disney Resort. I booked a resort with the initial plans of staying onsite, but then found the condo for cheaper. However, I wanted to stay booked at the WDW resort until I get to my 180+10 point so I can book all of my dining ressies, then cancel the resort 10 days later. But the thought crossed my mind of keeping my resort booking until I can make my FP+ ressies, then cancel it after that, but I'm not sure I will do that. But how far out can I book my FP+ either way, on property and off property and what is the website for that?

If I am staying off property, I understand that I may purchase the wristbands if I want, but is there anything special about the wristbands as opposed to traditional ticket media, since I will be staying offiste and will not need them to open my room door or do the dining plan.

Back to the photo-pass question, I saw a while back that the restaraunts that formerly offered a photo-package are no longer doing so. But do they still take your picture so that you can access it back home on the website? In the case of Cinderella's Royal Table, has the price dropped since we are no longer receiving the complementary photo-package as part of the pre-paid price?
They may cancel your FP+ resies that you can book 60+10 days out when you cancel. Is it a package that must be canceled 45 days out (may create FP+ issue) or a room only reservation that doesn't have to be canceled until 5 days out (unlikely to cause FP+ issue)?

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
They may cancel your FP+ resies that you can book 60+10 days out when you cancel. Is it a package that must be canceled 45 days out (may create FP+ issue) or a room only reservation that doesn't have to be canceled until 5 days out (unlikely to cause FP+ issue)?

If I remember correctly, a package must be cancelled 45 days out, while a room only can be cancelled only 5 days out. If I decide to do it that way, I would wait to cancel my room only until I get to the place where my FP+ ressies would not be cancelled on my.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Do they not release the hours promptly on the first day of the month anymore, for 6 months out? I keep checking the hours for May 2015 since, previously, they should have all been up on Nov 1. However, so far, it is only available up until May 12. Are they just running late, or is that how they do it now?

I just had some coworkers get back from WDW a week or two ago. They said that you can no longer by the photopass CD at the parks. Can I still pre-order it before we leave?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom