Mattress quality in Disney resort rooms

DsnyFevr

Original Poster
We go to wdw 3x a year and have for the last 10 years. None of us get a good nights sleep while we're there as the beds are hard and uncomfortable. (Just our opinion) I was wondering everyone else's opinion on this as I have always thought for the price of most of the rooms, especially the villas that they would have a much more high quality comfortable mattress. I heard the Swan and Dolphin have much better quality mattress, but have never stayed in either and know they are not owned by Disney.

DsnyFevr

Original Poster
We have found the deluxe resorts to have the most comfortable mattresses (with the GF surpassing them all...that bed was amazing!) but I stayed in a refurbished room at All Star Sports last fall and the mattress was plush and I slept great.
Thanks, I never stayed at any of the value resorts.

patch553

We have found the deluxe resorts to have the most comfortable mattresses (with the GF surpassing them all...that bed was amazing!) but I stayed in a refurbished room at All Star Sports last fall and the mattress was plush and I slept great.
I have to agree gf far surpasses all that we've had the pleasure to stay at, and we've experienced value, moderate and deluxe

Disney4family

Mattresses are okay, with those at GF being the best. But nothing compares to the mattresses on the beds on the cruise ships...
I agree! The only souvenir I wanted from our Disney Dream Cruise was the mattress! I've been to 42 states, all over the world, and, of course, the World. Nothing compares to how awesome that cruise bed was. Most comfortable mattress ever made.

lunchbox1175

I would say that the starting with Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, and then the Deluxe resorts the mattress' are pretty good....but everything from Caribbean Beach down is pretty hard to sleep on. I also feel like the linen quality is different as well, and that makes a difference.

JasonDeyoung

AKL and Port Orleans(Riverside) to me have been the most comfortable. Now I did stay in Pop back in May and at Coronado, both of those had surprisingly comfy beds. I guess it all just depends on the room and luck of the draw.

DisneyPrincess5

@DsnyFevr I feel your pain, literally. DH and I have an exceptionally soft bed at home which we adore so when we go to WDW, the beds are not our favorite. We do find them to be stiff and uncomfortable, which just may be our perspective as we have a soft one. Unfortunately as they're so different from what we're used to, I don't always sleep well.
We've stayed at values, moderates, deluxes, and DVC studios and haven't found much difference. Wish they were a hair more soft. However, we have stayed at both the Swan and Dolphin and the beds are MUUUUCH more comfortable.

alhurricane

I believe they just replaced the mattresses at Wilderness Lodge in early 2015. We found them to be very comfortable when we were there in May.

disney4life2008

I will say since they removed the comforters and only have the white linens, the beds have become softer. i have stayed at sports multiple times, they bed isnt the softest but its not that bad. Ironically, the super 8 has the softest beds ever!

KTCpiano

I find the Deluxes are the only truly comfortable ones, and I didn't honestly notice a big difference between GF and the other deluxes. To me, they are all quite nice. I think the mattresses are okay at the Moderates, but I find the linens to be of a lower quality, which greatly impacts my sleep quality. Again, with the Values, I think it's the linens that take the hit.

DsnyFevr

Original Poster
@DsnyFevr I feel your pain, literally. DH and I have an exceptionally soft bed at home which we adore so when we go to WDW, the beds are not our favorite. We do find them to be stiff and uncomfortable, which just may be our perspective as we have a soft one. Unfortunately as they're so different from what we're used to, I don't always sleep well.
We've stayed at values, moderates, deluxes, and DVC studios and haven't found much difference. Wish they were a hair more soft. However, we have stayed at both the Swan and Dolphin and the beds are MUUUUCH more comfortable.
Thanks, that is exactly our thought too, have stayed at all different wdw resorts as well as DVC and they all seem pretty much he same. Only one haven't tried was Swan/Dolphin. PS- our bed at home is pretty soft as well.

Tinkerbella16

Moderate resort mattresses have been just okay. I am always SO tired by the end of each day in wdw, that I sleep like a baby each night no matter what. We have not stayed at a deluxe yet, but will be staying at Beach Club in Sept, so hopefully the beds are nicer there as some have said about the deluxe resort mattresses.

NonnaT

We just came back from CBR and I'm here to tell ya, that deep beauty rest mattress was REALLY comfy. This is after the refurb. Queen bed, great nights sleep!
No exaggeration!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom