Matterhorn

GetAPaperBag

If you go to the map and play with the calendar dates you can see that Matterhorn has the refurb dates 4/18-4/22. Silly Symphony Swings is 4/11 - 6/9. I'm pretty bummed about that, since my first DL trip is in May and I was actually really looking forward to the swings. Guess that's the way it goes though. Sigh...

GiveMeTheMusic

I'm trying to decide when to go to the DLR next year, and don't want to be caught in the midst of a huge Pirate/Splash refurb. I know every so many years they go down for months at a time. That would be heartbreaking to have Pirates be down the entire trip for me and Splash for my kids. I can deal with anything else, but Pirates is such a huge part of my experience, I don't want to be without it. lol

Splash generally goes down during the winter months (Jan/Feb), and in the recent past, Pirates has been a fall refurb. Of course, that's not necessarily the case going forward, just previous indicators. :)

ForeverAnna

. Silly Symphony Swings is 4/11 - 6/9. I'm pretty bummed about that, since my first DL trip is in May and I was actually really looking forward to the swings. Guess that's the way it goes though. Sigh...

Oh no. That's my favorite. I won't be able to my sister and brother in law on my traditional three in a row spin first thing right after TSMM.

MotherofaPrincessLover

Original Poster
If you go to the map and play with the calendar dates you can see that Matterhorn has the refurb dates 4/18-4/22. Silly Symphony Swings is 4/11 - 6/9. I'm pretty bummed about that, since my first DL trip is in May and I was actually really looking forward to the swings. Guess that's the way it goes though. Sigh...
I can't believe the Matterhorn is down the exact dates of my trip. Maybe it will be ready a day early...

fosse76

And the Subs operate partially submerged in a gigantic pool, part of which is in a subterranean warehouse. I get what you're saying, but there has to be more to it. What I'm asking is specifically what is it about the Matterhorn Bobsleds attraction that requires so much maintenance?

The Matterhorn's track wasn't designed for two-car bobsleds (nor the average weight of contemporary riders), so I imagine there is a lot stress that contributes to the ride's maintenance issues. But these repeated lengthy closures highlight, to me, Disney's seemingly poor maintenance management. From the outside, it looks like they would rather wait for an accumulation of maintenance issues before they make repairs, which causes a lengthy downtime, as opposed to making repairs when the issues arise. It would be better from a guest standpoint to have an attraction closed for a day or two rather than a month. It's already irritating that Haunted Mansion and Small World are closed for what are ultimately unnecessary holiday overlays.

dweezil78

This probably happened a year ago, but I didn't notice it until yesterday. The Wells Expedition crate that was removed during last refurb that some people were cranky about is back now, right where it used to be more or less.... just on top of the scrap pile.

5thGenTexan

I hear a lot about how bumpy and uncomfortable the Matterhorn is. Maybe its because I live in the country and spend hours at a time on the tractor, but I did not experience any issues with comfort at all.

Now, those bug bumper car things at DCA......

dweezil78

This just goes to show that every single ride at DLR has some fans. Except Jumpin' Jellyfish.

Hey, don't knock the swings! One of the most underrated things at DCA IMO. Every single person I've ever dragged on the swings has left loving them and the line is never too long. Even better if you right at night with great views of the park.

Rich T

Hey, don't knock the swings! One of the most underrated things at DCA IMO. Every single person I've ever dragged on the swings has left loving them and the line is never too long. Even better if you right at night with great views of the park.
I did enjoy riding the swings... at every carnival I've ever attended. :D I mean, come on, Knott's has one. Magic Mountain has one. Three of the four parks up here in Northern CA have one. They should put a swinging pirate ship beside it and complete the set.

Okay, I'm not sticking with that argument because I know: Mickey, location, view, etc. I did ride the Orange Stinger, and P.U., was that ever stupid. Looking forward to trying the swings with the greatly improved view.

BUT, if they ever decide the demolish the swings for something amazing... are you really going to compl... Never mind. I cried over the Frontierland pancake thing...

Curious Constance

I did enjoy riding the swings... at every carnival I've ever attended. :D I mean, come on, Knott's has one. Magic Mountain has one. Three of the four parks up here in Northern CA have one. They should put a swinging pirate ship beside it and complete the set.

Okay, I'm not sticking with that argument because I know: Mickey, location, view, etc. I did ride the Orange Stinger, and P.U., was that ever stupid. Looking forward to trying the swings with the greatly improved view.

BUT, if they ever decide the demolish the swings for something amazing... are you really going to compl... Never mind. I cried over the Frontierland pancake thing...
upload_2016-6-24_16-26-33.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom