1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Matterhorn Renov/Refurb

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by 007mickey, Mar 15, 2017.

1. 007mickey

007mickey Well-Known Member

WDW vet but we have our 2nd DL trip planned for early June and wanted to know what the current refurb at the Matterhorn was all about? I've seen several sites denoting its closing early Feb, with some not giving a re-opening date and others stating sometime in late April. I thought it was refurbed not too long ago? Just curious, thanks.

2. wdrive

wdrive Well-Known Member

The last I knew was it was currently closed for a refurb with no reopening date.

3. RandomPrincess

RandomPrincess Keep Moving Forward Premium Member

Was there last week and it was still closed. Whatever they are doing they are doing it quitely as we walked past several times and never heard and noise.

4. 180º

180º Well-Known Member

Matterhorn goes down for lengthy refuges every year for routine maintenance. This year they're adding Fastpass, so I suspect some slight reworking of the queue.

RandomPrincess likes this.
  5. RandomPrincess

RandomPrincess Keep Moving Forward Premium Member

They have two lines I guess it's not as easy as making one FP and one SB.

180º likes this.
  6. TP2000

TP2000 Well-Known Member

They give out more than 50% of their capacity in Fastpass tickets, so it's not that easy.

@007mickey Matterhorn closes for refurbishment fairly regularly every year or two, as do most Disneyland E Tickets. (Disneyland/DCA have a very different refurbishment schedule than WDW, which runs their rides into the ground and can often go a decade or more between refurbishments, even for E Tickets). For instance, there are currently nine (9) attractions closed for refurbishment at the Disneyland Resort's two parks, four of which are major E Tickets (Matterhorn, Pirates, Grizzly River, Tower of Terror). As a comparison, there is currently only one (1) attraction closed for refurbishment in all four of the WDW parks combined, and it's the Hall of Presidents to add President Trump. Had it not been the winter after a new president was elected, that HoP closure wouldn't have happened and there'd be zero refurbishments at WDW this winter.

According to another website, Matterhorn Bobsleds is scheduled to reopen on April 28th, 2017. With Fastpass. :rolleyes:

wdrive and RandomPrincess like this.
  7. 007mickey

007mickey Well-Known Member Original Poster

I just hadn't heard or read anything about the closure and with it being a possible 3 months of down time, I assumed it might be more than just regular maintenance. To add to your above statement, the lack of routine maintenance is one of the main complaints I have with WDW.

TP2000 likes this.
  8. Kira Nerys

Kira Nerys Well-Known Member

All these refurbs and they can't fix the part at the top of the hill where the cave walls are missing?

180º and FerretAfros like this.
  9. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

I always thought that was funny how those walls were missing. Why did they never fix that?