Matterhorn Question

toughtobeabug

Account Suspended
I'VE RIDDEN THIS THING. IT IS WDW SPACE MOUNTAIN IN AND OUT OF A MOUNTAIN. IT HAS TWO MIRROR IMAGE TRACKS AND IS A LOT OF FUN. THERE ARE SOME TUNNELS WHERE YOU MEET YETI A FEW TIMES. YOU SPLASH IN A LAKE AT THE END.

Dumbo Deprived

You don't get very wet though. I find the ride rough. The restraint system (unless changed since I last rode) is fairly relaxed. Two people sit per car, one directly in front of the other. Seatbelts are used to restrain. I always get bounced around so much, that I rarely ride anymore.

pixiedust32

The Matterhorn is not a rollercoaster but rather a bobsled ride that the track is two rails that the bobsleds go on - because of this the ride can be very bumpy which makes it fun.

There are two tracks -and if you have an option - choose the line that is on the right hand side - it gives you a better view when you are twisting around in the mountain of Small World and Alice.

If you are lucky it might go 35 miles an hour. The beauty of the Matterhorn is not that it is the fastest - but it is an original!!

Also, you can't not love the yodeling music and the few peeks you get of the abdominable snowman.

As for getting wet - you would get wetter if you were taking a sip from the drinking fountain. haha

Strawberryblond

When I was young I liked looking up to see if anyone was going by on the skyway (was hard to focus, lol) and loved riding through the Mountain on the skyway - sniff. I'm still very sad about skyway being gone, one of my very fav things about DL

jaylenofan86

The only reason the skyway was tooken down was because the ADA wanted the skyway to let disabled passengers go on. The problem is that the skyway can't stop for this. That's way it was tooken down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom