Mattercam pictures of the Tower's conversion

Pam Hates Penguins

Tower of Terror fans will be like this in the theater.
Picture1.jpg

LukaLand

If you're referring to the horizontal pipes, I believe they've been there since the ride was built.

Ok maybe I just never noticed them before but they appeared to be horizontal and vertical. Maybe they just stood out this time because the rest of the tower is all covered up.
20161208_104823.jpg

NobodyElse

Ok maybe I just never noticed them before but they appeared to be horizontal and vertical. Maybe they just stood out this time because the rest of the tower is all covered up.View attachment 178823

That little piece in the middle of your picture is not what I thought you were asking about. Honestly, (with what little context is included in that photo) I'm having trouble pin-pointing where it would be in pre-construction photos. I'll let others with more expertise take over from here.

LukaLand

That little piece in the middle of your picture is not what I thought you were asking about. Honestly, (with what little context is included in that photo) I'm having trouble pin-pointing where it would be in pre-construction photos. I'll let others with more expertise take over from here.

There's actually quite a lot of those little pipes sticking out around all 3 openings. But with just my cell phone the only picture I could get that really showed what I'm talking about was from right under the exit gift shop. They definitely stood out to me, and I've ridden Tower hundreds of times. But it's definitely possible that the only reason they are standing out now is that except for that tiny area it just looks like a giant brown paper bag is looming over the whole park.

truecoat

They put the scaffolding back up. Maybe they changed their mind and will return it to the Tower of Terror? Doubt it.

2017-02-23%2006_51_59-Mattercam%20LIVE%20_%20Howard%20Johnson%20Anaheim%20Hotel%20and%20Water%20Playground_zpstq0cmtiv.png

They must be doing some significant changes I would think. You don't put back that much scaffolding just to fix a couple odds and ends.

D

Deleted member 107043

I told you guys it probably wasn't done yet. A lot of the details shown in the concept renderings and the model are still missing.

truecoat

I told you guys it probably wasn't done yet. A lot of the details shown in the concept renderings and the model are still missing.

It looked to me that the pieces missing were ornamental in nature that could have been attached just using a lift of some sort. I'm wondering if the paint scheme was not well liked by the powers that be. We'll know soon enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom