Master of the Parks: Challenge 3 - "Destroying" DinoLand

BryceM

Original Poster
Challenge 3 - "Destroying" DinoLand

Disney's Animal Kingdom is one of the most visually stunning, immersive and beautiful parks ever created by Disney. However, one land fails to compare with the rest of the park, and that is DinoLand U.S.A. This area of the park is themed to a road-side tourist trap all about dinosaurs! Exciting, right? However, TDO is looking to turn DinoLand around and make it live up to the rest of the park. Can you do it?

Rules & Requirements

- The whole land must still be dinosaur themed! It doesn't matter how pull it off, but make sure everything is changed to something way better the current road-side tourist trap theme.
- Primeval Whirl must stay. You can change anything and everything about the ride, even the name! Just add some Disney magic to make this spinning wild mouse coaster something to truly remember.
- DINOSAUR and the area surrounding it must stay the same. No changes are allowed here.
- TriceraTop Spin must be replaced with a new attraction. There isn't a lot of space to work with here, so get creative!

ctxak98

So we cant get ride of the carnival rides? wow this is going to be tough. I recently did a re-do idea on here of dinoland but this is going to be hard!

ctxak98

Ok some last questions. So can we atleast change primevals track? and we can only add one new experience in place of Triceratops spin? just making sure because I want to make it good!

Tip Top Club

I'm trying to get a clarification from Bryce about whether or not you can move Primeval Whirl. It's a simple Wild mouse that is easily transported from carnival to carnival, so that might be a possibility. (But you would likely have to keep it in the area). You do have to keep the track the same however you can add any theming you want.

Keep in mind also just how big a plot of Land Dinoland is. With the Magic Kingdom Challenge, a lot of those backstage areas were essential and couldn't be moved, however a lot of the Backstage areas here are easily moveable. The only place that I would avoid is BETWEEN Restaurantasaurus and the Oasis. That being said, there is a chuck of land Between Restaurantosaurus and Discovery Island that is probably usable, not to mention the forest path along Discovery River, The Boneyard, Significant space around the Dinosaur Building, Behind the Theater in the Wild, the theater in the Wild Itself, and Behind Primeval Whirl as well.

I don't have a lot of direct advice for this challenge. Keep in mind the Animals though, there is an exhibit space in Dinoland for American Crocodile, and a Tortoise Species as well. The Park is after all called Disney's ANIMAL Kingdom. Also just want to say that Dinosaur is one of my Favorite Disney Rides on Either coast, and Disney's Animal Kingdom is my favorite Theme Park, And pretty much my favorite place in the world. Think of something awesome, and wow us.

Tip Top Club

One note that I have for this challenge is that your whole proposal must be posted at the same time!

The last proposal it got very cluttered and confusing to have you guys say "More to come later!" If your proposal isn't done, don't post it, please! It doesn't have to fit in one post, but PLEASE post your whole proposal at once so things don't get too cluttered! Thanks in advance!

WED99

Wait, I thought we could only touch Chester and Hester's and couldn't alter any other part of Dinoland?

ctxak98

This is going to sound like I'm being complicated but I am not trying to be. Have been thinking about dinoland a lot! And personally, I don't see how re-theming primeval whirl will do the land any favors? Its seriously just a carnival ride. Now I know I can't make the challenge for myself but I feel taking it out in place of a new ride! Would be better? Idk and I want to add more too! Tip top is right. The land is huge!

WED99

This is going to sound like I'm being complicated but I am not trying to be. Have been thinking about dinoland a lot! And personally, I don't see how re-theming primeval whirl will do the land any favors? Its seriously just a carnival ride. Now I know I can't make the challenge for myself but I feel taking it out in place of a new ride! Would be better? Idk and I want to add more too! Tip top is right. The land is huge!
but chester and hester's isn't, and that is what we're designing

BryceM

Original Poster
Part of the challenge is re-theming Primeval Whirl. I mean, it will really take a lot of creativity to make the ride great, and that's what the contest is about. Plus, it makes it so much more of a challenge.

And yes, you're only changing Chester and Hester's.

ctxak98

Ok so idk why I'm comfused then. The challenge made it seem like we couldn't do anything more than change theme of primeval whirl and add different ride of triceratop spin

jdmdisney99

One note that I have for this challenge is that your whole proposal must be posted at the same time!

The last proposal it got very cluttered and confusing to have you guys say "More to come later!" If your proposal isn't done, don't post it, please! It doesn't have to fit in one post, but PLEASE post your whole proposal at once so things don't get too cluttered! Thanks in advance!
Sorry, I was away for Thanksgiving and didn't have enough time to sit down and type the whole thing. Will this week though! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom