Mary Poppins Ride

woofboy111

Original Poster
Heres my newest ride idea. It is based on the movie Mary Poppins, and you will be looking though her eyes during the ride. Each car will hold one person each, and you standup/lean on them (think of the comic book ride at Disneyquest). They will have a platform under you that will support you. There will be a pole that you will be told to hold on to, and at the end of that, will be Mary Poppins Umbrella. The umbrella is so you can't see where the car hooks onto the overhead track. The ride will start out by flying over London, and then you see Mary Poppins going into the house and meeting the kids that she's a nanny to. Next, you just see some scenes from the movie, until you get to the scene where you jump into the sidewalk. You will stop here and seem like you're admiring it, and then theres a bright flash of light and the sidewalk is open with the scene being a "cartoon" in the background, and then the track lowers you into this "chalk drawing. From here, you will be in a 3d movie type environment (kind of like spiderman), and you will get on a merry go round, and then your horse will jump off and go though the countryside, all in motion with the ride's track. Soon, you'll go back to real life, out of the drawing, and the ride is over.

Hope this wasn't too confusing. I was typing fast! Tell me what you think.

'

Chad

Wow. That would be incredibly complicated and dangerous. What sort of restraint system would you have? Even the slightest unexpected move would be able to knock a person off the seat. Also, I believe the 3-d mix with real life is some what of a waste. Everytthing in the movie that you would want to incorporate in the ride could be made cheaper and easier.

May I suggest having Mary Poppin's Carausel. Have people board a regular carausel, and have it spin around a few times, then have the horses leap off the carausel and go through the scenes, through the fox hunt, through the horse race, the penguins, and a big musical ending with Super-cali- etc-etc-etc. Then have the horses move back onto the carausel and unload.

I had this idea Awhile back on the old board, thought it would be good. :)

woofboy111

Original Poster
Well, you wouldn't just be standing there on a moving platform. You would have a tight fitting seat belt strapping you onto what you are leaning on (think of the comic book ride at Disney quest). The 3d thing would only be the part with the horses, after you get off of the carasuel. It would be about 30 seconds long and show you riding the horses, and then you would pop back out of the chalk picture with the 3d screen, and then you would move back into your world and exit the ride. I made a few computer drawings of the cars and the track plans. I'm going to post them, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

(Hey Chad, you're idea sounds good too!)

woofboy111

Original Poster
Heres a drawing of the cars.

Attachments

• mpcars.jpg
    mpcars.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 149

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom