Marvel's Spider Man : Homecoming

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
During the press for Civil War we got to info on Spider-Man

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/06/spider-man-tom-holland-civil-war

Turns out all the Spider-Man finalists had to do a screen test with Evans and Downey......

“Kids came in and put on these really ridiculous Spider-Man pajamas,” Evans says, but Holland stood out immediately. “As the scene opens, [the script] says ‘Spider-Man flips in and lands.’ And Tom was really like, ‘Should I do that?’”

Holland was fully prepared to do a handspring into the scene, but executives on set started to panic, Evans says. “Marvel doesn’t want to see this kid break his neck, so everyone from [the studio] was like, ‘Don’t! Don’t!’ And Joe just started salivating, ‘Just do it!’” the actor laughs. “And he did it – and stuck it!”

The ridiculously fit Evans slumps in his chair. “Like… he bummed me out.”

“As important as it is to capture the essence of the character on an emotional level, there’s an incredible physicality to these characters,” Joe Russo says. “So to see a kid who is a gymnast, and you know you’re going to be digitally mapping to his movements… to have somebody who can move that way, it’s f—ing invaluable.”

By the time Holland landed, he basically had won the part.

“The Spider-Man scene between he and Tom Holland is really beautifully written, this scene in his bedroom. And as we were rehearsing the scene, there was a certain proprietary energy to [Downey] and he started to take over the blocking in the scene,” Joe Russo says. “I remember Anthony and I kind of looked at each other and just stepped back and watched Robert in essence create…”

“Help Tom,” Anthony Russo says. “Pushing him.”

“Help Tom create a very star making performance in that scene just by working through the logic with him, moving him around the room,” Joe Russo adds. “It was a very small set. And it was masterful. It was literally like this is Downey at the true essence of what he is – a guy who literally understands exactly how to play to a camera.”

Lot's more in the article.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
image.jpeg
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/695337-donald-glover-spider-man-homecoming#/slide/

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
I'm excited to see Keaton as the villain! also how many takes of the kid dropping the Lego Death Star do you think they did? Did someone have to build a bunch of them?

WhatJaneSays

I'm excited to see Keaton as the villain! also how many takes of the kid dropping the Lego Death Star do you think they did? Did someone have to build a bunch of them?

Having dropped a few Lego sets myself (though never that Death Star set) I've never had one fall apart quite that dramatically, like down to individual bricks, from that low height. I'm thinking it might be partly CG or they did have to have a few sets built to come apart like that.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Having dropped a few Lego sets myself (though never that Death Star set) I've never had one fall apart quite that dramatically, like down to individual bricks, from that low height. I'm thinking it might be partly CG or they did have to have a few sets built to come apart like that.
That is true.

erasure fan1

This looks really good. I loved the Stark and Parker relationship in civil war and I can't wait to see that play out further in this movie. Next year should be a great year for movies!

Princess Leia

Cast list
Peter Parker/ Spider-Man: Tom Holland
Aunt May: Marissa Tomei
Adrian Toomes/ Vulture: Michael Keaton
Michelle: Zendaya
Ned Leeds: Jacob Bartalon
Liz Allan: Laura Harrier
Flash Thompson: Tony Revolori
Shocker: Bokeem Woodbine
Tony Stark: Robert Downey Jr
Happy Hogan: Jon Favreau
Tinkerer: Michael Chernus

Other cast members: Donald Glover (unknown character), Hannibal Burress (teacher), Kenneth Choi (principal), Logan Marshall-Green (unknown antagonist)

I still think that Zendaya's real character is MJ. Tony Revolori's character was called 'Manuel' before it was revealed that he was playing Flash, so anything's possible here.

doctornick

I still think that Zendaya's real character is MJ. Tony Revolori's character was called 'Manuel' before it was revealed that he was playing Flash, so anything's possible here.

The brief bit of her in the trailer makes her seem more like Gwen than MJ. Obviously, she doesn't particularly resemble the classic look of either so it's no help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom