Marvel teases a Journey into Imagination comic

Brer Panther

Okay, this doesn't have to do with the comics, but it's Figment-related, so I figured I might as well post it here... These are commemorative products for the upcoming Food and Wine Festival...

Considering he's on so much of this stuff, I'm guessing that Disney still considers him EPCOT's mascot and knows that he's still popular. So even if Inside Out invades the pavilion, we probably don't have to worry about Figment getting the shaft again.

NiarrNDisney

Okay, this doesn't have to do with the comics, but it's Figment-related, so I figured I might as well post it here... These are commemorative products for the upcoming Food and Wine Festival...

Considering he's on so much of this stuff, I'm guessing that Disney still considers him EPCOT's mascot and knows that he's still popular. So even if Inside Out invades the pavilion, we probably don't have to worry about Figment getting the shaft again.

Oh wow that's a lot more than I would have expected! Good for Figment!

Sped2424

That mug is going to sell out so fast.

Magenta Panther

Will the Figment Marvel comics explain Dreamfinders absence from the attraction since 1998?

Now THAT I'd like to see!

This fan art explains it pretty well, I think:

faux_epic_mickey_type_piece_by_dyemooch-d500o7z.jpg

brb1006

Now THAT I'd like to see!

This fan art explains it pretty well, I think:

faux_epic_mickey_type_piece_by_dyemooch-d500o7z.jpg

I actually believed that was from a scrapped cutscene from the sequel that didn't make it through the sequel.

I'm still bummed about Epic Mickey 2 The Power Of Two lacking more forgotten characters. The only forgotten characters we seen inn the sequel we're The Three Little Pigs. I remember hoping the Dreamfinder or other obscure Disney characters such as Elmer The Elephant and the Tiger from an old Silly Symphony cartoon,Clara Cluck or Clarice from from "Two Chips And A Miss".

Figments Friend

Hello new desktop wallpaper!
tumblr_nsd8jzwumo1sa3t1go4_1280.jpg

Very nice.
I have high hopes the quality of the interior artwork of Series 2 is better then what i saw in Series 1.
The covers were decent ( especially Issue #1! ) but i was disappointed in the somewhat 'rough' look of of the interior work.
The design above holds promise if this is a sample of the artwork contained within.
:)

By the way, folks attending this years D23 Expo might be interested in knowing that they recently announced a panel discussion regarding the 'Disney Kingdoms' comic series....specifically, 'Figment', 'Big Thunder Mountain Railroad' and 'Seekers of The Weird'.
It is Sunday morning, August 16th, at 10 a.m within 'Stage 28'.
Should be interesting, and i am sure they will give a few insights and perhaps a peek into what is to come in the forthcoming new Series 2 of 'Figment'.

Also, it was just announced that there is to be a new set of Disney themed 'Trading Cards' given away to attendees during the Expo this year, and two of them feature Dreamfinder & Figment. There are 30 cards total, but the 'pairing' of these two are of particular interest.

You can read all about them currently in the 'D23 Expo News' section of the D23 website here -

https://d23.com/d23-expo/

The Dreamfinder & Figment pair of cards are currently shown at the top.

-

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Guys......don't read too much into this.

The comic is a great tool to introduce these beloved characters of yore to a new generation...which was part of the goal of starting the series to begin with.

I would not read any more into it then that at this point.....but who knows what the future may bring.
Good to keep a open mind, but also be wary of letting your affection for them blind you.

I'm all for having them return to the Park.
Have been for ages. They never should have left, period.
But i don't see this 'teaser' as anything more then just a lovely way to start off the second series of a popular comic book series.

Not trying to throw a wet blanket on the enthusiasm...it's great to see!....but one has to remain realistic even when they may have a overactive imagination.
;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom